The 2 Johnnies The GAA Catfish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After reading that WhatsApp Message about the Pub in Tipperary, my take, for what it is worth, is that Footballer Paul’s role here was enabling ‘Cora’ to engage with victims who believed her to be genuine because of her connection to him, a fairly well known guy in certain circles. They obviously both got a great kick (excuse the pun) out of fooling the life out of their targets. He must have some underlying jealousy issues … Johnny B is a very lucky and wise buachaill not to have sent d*ck pics or such like… God only knows what Paul/Cora would have done with them!

Reactions: 25
Listened to it last night...to be honest I think Johnny B comes across a bit of a fool...Johnny Smacks saw through it right from the start..in today's day and age you'd be snap chatting or video calling to see someone was real...the fact he went to the house for breakfast that morning was an error on his part I think....I would have thought he'd be more careful in the public eye to be honest....who ever is behind the whole thing is obviously just getting off on the fact they can get away with it time and time again...probably just a game to them...the impression I get from the 2 of them in general is Johnny B likes the limelight and the fame and all that brings,and Smacks hasnt let any of it phase him...I think this wont be the last story we hear of Johnny B

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Listened to it last night...to be honest I think Johnny B comes across a bit of a fool...Johnny Smacks saw through it right from the start..in today's day and age you'd be snap chatting or video calling to see someone was real...the fact he went to the house for breakfast that morning was an error on his part I think....I would have thought he'd be more careful in the public eye to be honest....who ever is behind the whole thing is obviously just getting off on the fact they can get away with it time and time again...probably just a game to them...the impression I get from the 2 of them in general is Johnny B likes the limelight and the fame and all that brings,and Smacks hasnt let any of it phase him...I think this wont be the last story we hear of Johnny B
Agree that it was a mistake on Johnny B's part the next morning for the breakfast but being male he probably would have the same fearful/cautious approach that females would have in the situation. Plus weren't the two Johnnies out in Dublin the night before, probably still a bit impaired from drink the next morning, we've all been there, the common sense/judgement levels probably weren't at 100%.

I think you are right in that Smacks seems like his long-term partner/relationship keeps him very grounded. Re Johnny B I think he is just a chatty/outgoing type who would talk to anyone and that probably didn't go in his favour in this catfishing situation.

Reactions: 20
I agree that Johnny B may be letting his ego get ahead of him, but I’ve seen so many people saying about FaceTime or snapping etc…

I’m engaged now, but when I was single I never once FaceTimed any potential dates or even snapped them because I’d be mortified doing that 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I also would never have considered asking a tinder match or whatever to send me a snap to prove it was them 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

(I mean I also don’t look like Cora so maybe that’s why no one thought I was a catfish 🙊)

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Let’s call a spade a spade … Johnny was punching well above his weight there! I reckon he was flattered by the attention he was getting from this stunning girl, who ticked all the boxes… into the GAA, friends with Inter County players, chatty etc…and didn’t want to accept it was all up in his head. He’s probably a bit star struck by the County lads himself now that I think of it. He comes across as a pretty likeable chap to be fair. He’s my favourite of the 2. There is something that irritates me about Smacks…I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Reactions: 21
Worth mentioning that he was also just out of a breakup, which had him in a vulnerable spot. He said himself, breakups are never easy and this “Cora” was the first girl he had approached since becoming single. Definitely got the impression that it might have been a bad aul breakup, which could have had his head in a mess.

He’s a good person, they both are. I don’t think he’s got an ego tbh, he’s self-deprecating and totally rejected the sympathy/attention he was receiving off the back of this. Surely if he’d an ego, he’d be lapping it up. They’re harmless fellas really.

Reactions: 40
I have a small bit of a feeling as to why Paul/Kev had posted these photoshopped pictures with Emma/Cora. Hasn’t it been mentioned that the lads were taking the mick out of him because nobody had even seen/met either of these girls and maybe he went along with the pictures to prove to the lads that they actually had met? Just a thought

Reactions: 23
Worth mentioning that he was also just out of a breakup, which had him in a vulnerable spot. He said himself, breakups are never easy and this “Cora” was the first girl he had approached since becoming single. Definitely got the impression that it might have been a bad aul breakup, which could have had his head in a mess.

He’s a good person, they both are. I don’t think he’s got an ego tbh, he’s self-deprecating and totally rejected the sympathy/attention he was receiving off the back of this. Surely if he’d an ego, he’d be lapping it up. They’re harmless fellas really.
Totally agree with you. Reading between the lines on what has been said on both the main podcast and patreon it seems like this was a hard breakup. Johnny B mentioned advice. Counsellor had given re relationships recently and there was also a comment made to the effect that break ups are hard even if all family and friends are saying it’s the best thing to happen.

I thin both of the lads come down as very down to earth and that is a big part of their appeal to their podcast listeners.

Reactions: 24
One thing that he confusing me is that I thought Nikki/Niamh was a nurse? Didn’t one fellah go into the hospital with a letter telling her to stop?

Reactions: 16
One thing that he confusing me is that I thought Nikki/Niamh was a nurse? Didn’t one fellah go into the hospital with a letter telling her to stop?
I initially thought that as well but they never actually say hospital just “place of work”. I think I got the hospital impression because an alias that Nikki was using around that time (Hannah Ferguson?) was fronting as a nurse but it was never actually said that the place of work that “colm” went into was a hospital.

Reactions: 12
I love how the boys have got great publicity from this story, but I think it’s time to draw a line under this and not blow it up even more.

Everybody in the country and further afield know these peoples names and faces and I fear if something negative was to happen to any of these people, it would reflect badly on the 2 Johnnies.

Don’t get be wrong, I’m loving the drama but I think the 2 lads need to wash there hands of this before the possibility of it taking a sinister turn.

Reactions: 9
I love how the boys have got great publicity from this story, but I think it’s time to draw a line under this and not blow it up even more.

Everybody in the country and further afield know these peoples names and faces and I fear if something negative was to happen to any of these people, it would reflect badly on the 2 Johnnies.

Don’t get be wrong, I’m loving the drama but I think the 2 lads need to wash there hands of this before the possibility of it taking a sinister turn.
Just on the point about ‘everyone in the country’, has this tale enthralled the country folk and completely bypassed Dubliners? No Dub i ask has heard of it (nor the 2 Johnnies 😂) and the opposite is true for all the country friends?! Tell me you’re from the country without telling me you’re from the country🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28

You don't think this story has already taken a sinister turn? Niamh has played on lads emotions, got nudes of them pretending to be someone she's not, stalked a few of the lads etc sorry but the lid is off the story and there's no putting it back on now.
Whatever will happen is down to the Individuals choice. Niamh needed to be exposed and all iv seen on this thread is calling her out on her crappy narcissistic behaviour, sympathy for the innocent parties and rightly so casting doubt on 'Baller pauls' version of events.

Reactions: 24
Just on the point about ‘everyone in the country’, has this tale enthralled the country folk and completely bypassed Dubliners? No Dub i ask has heard of it (nor the 2 Johnnies 😂) and the opposite is true for all the country friends?! Tell me you’re from the country without telling me you’re from the country🤣
Dubs are a different breed forget about them 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m a Dub I’m bet into it 😂😂 although it was the girls in work not from Dublin put me onto the story, it’s total madness like.. I don’t listen to the podcast and don’t know much about these fellas but you wouldn’t catch me sitting in some randoms house for 2 hours 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
To be fair I’ve seen a few of my Dublin friends post the Spotify on their insta stories and the Dublin lads my fiancé works with have all listened to it. But that could be because they are working with a load of country lads - l don’t know if they’d heard of the two johnnies prior though

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.