The 2 Johnnies #7 The lads are grand, it's Maura we can't stand.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't see their humour working in the UK... to be honest, there are plenty here who can't abide them.
There's no UK gig. They don't need the UK. They've a world tour coming. They do the UK once a year. Fill the 3 arena at Xmas and pints in a field too. Which on both occasions they could easily do 2 events. They don't need rte. They're pulling serious twine on their own merit.

Reactions: 8
Aifric and Andriu bookies favourite to replace the lads . I hope they get it, especially Aifric.
Oh they'd be good, any time the 2Js were off and they covered the show it was good. Would they still call the show "drive it" though? As that's a hurling/Noel Furlong term.

Reactions: 2
Oh they'd be good, any time the 2Js were off and they covered the show it was good. Would they still call the show "drive it" though? As that's a hurling/Noel Furlong term.
Definitely not - sure the Jennifer Zamperelli show already has a new Laura Fox sting

Reactions: 3
I never listened to it when it was just Aifric and Aindriu - did they do well yeah ?

Reactions: 2
Maura not on the extra pod either this week ? Trouble in paradise or holidays 🤔

Reactions: 4
The roast was the final nail in the coffin
She was so afraid of what they were going to say, she was trying to play cool but you could see she was sweating. Johnny B was not happy about what she said that was for sure, there was a wrap on the knuckles for that after I’d say. And the comments on Smacks were just dirty and low.

You could the difference in relationship they have with Liam Hayes about organising the concerts, you could see how he keeps the mad ideas in check but let’s them have fun.
They respect what he says and they are clearly learning from him too. A proper professional relationship.

With Maura I think they had that at the start but it has lessened over time, she probably should have caught the car sticker piece (as the podcast producer).
They have definitely learned and saw how the 2fm folks and was that she’s not at that level. The lad prop have the same level of experience as her in radio at his point.
Also now I think Neill and Sarah Jane are running the podcast more and Maura is becoming less needed, she’s not technical on sound or that, her segments are copied from Reddit and now she’s loose with the comments on the show.
All that said I don’t think she’s going anywhere, the lads are loyal to her and she’s going to be at pints in a field so clearly she‘l be around a while more.
interesting to see if she makes any changes or tries anything new.

Reactions: 8
All that said I don’t think she’s going anywhere, the lads are loyal to her and she’s going to be at pints in a field so clearly she‘l be around a while more.
Exactly this! They are very loyal and they feel they owe her for her help at the start - which to be fair, she was a huge support to them. The more we witch about her the more they dig in I feel.

Reactions: 6
Exactly this! They are very loyal and they feel they owe her for her help at the start - which to be fair, she was a huge support to them. The more we witch about her the more they dig in I feel.
To be fair there is some amount of bitching about her here, and she definitely is giving good cover for the two lads, Neil and Sarah Jane.
But there is some fair criticism in there too, Maura needs to develop her role on the show, she’s done the stick about being I’m a lads girl and happy to talk about sex and stuff and I give great bjs. The lads are a bit sex obsessed sometimes would be good to see them pulled on or moved on a bit (the dildos are getting annoying). She needs to be more mature as well like digs about the ex and that were cringe, if she’s pissed off about him being back on tinder so quickly why not tackle it head on as a mystery topic and just say it, instead of dancing around it hinting. She had him all over insta and on the pod, if you want to publicise then you have to deal with the good and bad. And if you don’t want to talk about then don’t thats fine, but you can’t half ass it.
The house good for her, no small achievement for her personally but the rest of the country doesn’t care, again make it a topic once and let us all about it, no this constant hinting about a plumber and issues, esb etc. it’s just crying for attention. What does she think the esb lads with hear the pod and go we must go save her…

I’m going on another rant and I’m going to rain myself in now, sorry for my scutter above... but Maura is/was supposed to be the adult to the 2 lads madness but she is trying or at least becoming be more like them rather than the voice of common sense. This means the lads have to police themselves more. It’s telling that in the roast Maura‘s had to be bleeped out not the lads. Maura’s role is sort off to be the unpopular person a little and I think she’s missing that point.
She deserves great credit for getting them going, I wonder is she the right person to stay the distance.
also I have massive respect to for the 2 lads sticking with her, shows their character and that they respect people.

Reactions: 12
I understand the podcast being their number 1, but I don’t understand their album being number 2 for them? Like They are crap singers …. Like really bad ? Does no1 else think this?

Reactions: 11
I understand the podcast being their number 1, but I don’t understand their album being number 2 for them? Like They are crap singers …. Like really bad ? Does no1 else think this?
They are brutal singers. I think they know their market. All the young ones would love their loves, like Marty mones hit the diff etc

Reactions: 12
They are painful. They are what you would expect from drunk people at a wedding. It's crazy how some people think they are great musician's, I can't help but laugh when I hear it.

Reactions: 7
They are painful. They are what you would expect from drunk people at a wedding. It's crazy how some people think they are great musician's, I can't help but laugh when I hear it.
I don't think it's that people think they are great singers. They are just supporting "the lads" and find the music funny. All their songs sound like the last one. Pure cringe music. In fairness, no one can say they are great singers 😂

@Nall some very well made points! Also spot on by the person who said the more that's said about her, the more they'll dig their heels in as a show of support. But again, as mentioned, it is a good testament to their character.

I don't listen to their songs, only whatever is played on the pod, but from those snippets, I feel like they are trying to be an Irish Blink-182/Sum 41.

Tbh I really like She Only Rings Me When She’s Locked. They’re not the best singers to ever walk the earth but it’s catchy and relatable enough ( the lyrics )

@Nall very well wrote, really good points. . It does show a good character's that they didn’t drop her when they got bigger.

I would pay to hear the lads thoughts on their super fan.. I wonder have they a favourite Johnny ? You couldn’t pay me to famous/ well known your life isn’t your own anymore. Being a normal joe soap for the win👌🏻

Reactions: 7
You couldn’t pay me to famous/ well known your life isn’t your own anymore. Being a normal joe soap for the win👌🏻
I'm glad you put in well known because they definitely aren't famous. 😂😂