The 2 Johnnies #7 The lads are grand, it's Maura we can't stand.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
same as that but got to admire her for getting on with it today! I sopose she has a mortgage to pay like the rest of us and doesn’t want to burn bridges. She would do better at likes of spin fm or classic hits!
Her lack of talent would expose itself wherever she goes.
She's not even good enough for the seemingly massive Ireland AM/ Six O' Clock Show subs bench.

Reactions: 2
Surely 2FM need to publicly address so many departures in not even a month if they haven't already? It's getting silly now.

Reactions: 10
I thought the swingers interview was really well handled. Really respectful and interested questions, not just from Johnny B , but also smacks who can be very awkward for those types of discussions.

In a way ,it was oddly wholesome. You could tell how much love and respect that couple had for each other.

Reactions: 6
I would love to know what radio station meets the standards? I have lived away in different countries and it would make your ears bleed. IMO 2fm is still the best station for music and Craic. RTÉ radio 1 still the best for general

Reactions: 4
I would love to know what radio station meets the standards? I have lived away in different countries and it would make your ears bleed. IMO 2fm is still the best station for music and Craic. RTÉ radio 1 still the best for general
My childhood memories of 2FM was chart music, the forced craic/laughter seems to have been in the past decade or so.
---
Or 2fm should just shut down. Hold on toe radio 1 and lyric and rnag.
Makes sense. I remember the 'original' 2FM (or even Radio 2 as it used be) and it doesn't seem fit for 2024 purposes.

Reactions: 13
Did anyone see this article by Sean Moncrieff last week? It really sums up the essence of the 2J's.

'Like any industry, people in the media tend to come from the same gene pool. They do a media degree. They might work for a spell in a local newspaper or radio station and then end up in Dublin. And while they can originate from any part of the country, they tend to be middle class. There is – like any industry – a degree of cultural homogenisation.

The 2 Johnnies came from outside that system. With no qualifications or training, they established a local business that quickly achieved a national and international reach. Yet when they arrived on 2FM, and almost immediately got in trouble, a lot of the commentary was of the I’ve-never-heard-of-them variety: if they weren’t on the cultural radar of the commentariat, they must be irrelevant.

I’ve been to one of their 3Arena gigs, and the atmosphere was one of celebration: for the audience as much as the performers. This was their life, being reflected back to them; and being done in the heart of the indifferent capital city. It almost didn’t matter what the 2 Johnnies said or did that night: it was what they represented.

Most Irish people now live in urban areas, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t still an urban-rural split; or more precisely, a city-town split. The 2 Johnnies are an archetype: the lads from the Town. They’ll live and die in that town, a place where GAA and family are of paramount importance, where everyone knows everyone, where there are a host of characters who let themselves be gently teased while teasing themselves. It’s a place where the concept of craic has its fullest and most subtle expression.

Their 2FM show was an aural representation of life in the Town, with the Parish Quiz and their mammies calling in and a host of real people who would regularly contribute. On their last show, they played out voice notes from many of them, in which there was a notable theme: it was great to hear culchies on the radio; a sentiment that underlined just how rare that is, not just in the media but in pretty much all aspects of our public life.'

Reactions: 20
Did anyone see this article by Sean Moncrieff last week? It really sums up the essence of the 2J's.

'Like any industry, people in the media tend to come from the same gene pool. They do a media degree. They might work for a spell in a local newspaper or radio station and then end up in Dublin. And while they can originate from any part of the country, they tend to be middle class. There is – like any industry – a degree of cultural homogenisation.

The 2 Johnnies came from outside that system. With no qualifications or training, they established a local business that quickly achieved a national and international reach. Yet when they arrived on 2FM, and almost immediately got in trouble, a lot of the commentary was of the I’ve-never-heard-of-them variety: if they weren’t on the cultural radar of the commentariat, they must be irrelevant.

I’ve been to one of their 3Arena gigs, and the atmosphere was one of celebration: for the audience as much as the performers. This was their life, being reflected back to them; and being done in the heart of the indifferent capital city. It almost didn’t matter what the 2 Johnnies said or did that night: it was what they represented.

Most Irish people now live in urban areas, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t still an urban-rural split; or more precisely, a city-town split. The 2 Johnnies are an archetype: the lads from the Town. They’ll live and die in that town, a place where GAA and family are of paramount importance, where everyone knows everyone, where there are a host of characters who let themselves be gently teased while teasing themselves. It’s a place where the concept of craic has its fullest and most subtle expression.

Their 2FM show was an aural representation of life in the Town, with the Parish Quiz and their mammies calling in and a host of real people who would regularly contribute. On their last show, they played out voice notes from many of them, in which there was a notable theme: it was great to hear culchies on the radio; a sentiment that underlined just how rare that is, not just in the media but in pretty much all aspects of our public life.'

His wife worked on the show with them

Reactions: 3
And there you have it. Complete hogwsh from Moncrieff, as if culchies were never on the airwaves before, sure 2js are just Pat Shortt ripoffs as it is! 🙄
And piss poor rip offs. I wonder how they will deal with the aussies podcasters who can show that the lads have repeatedly ripped off content.

Reactions: 2

I missed that article, it really nails what the lads represent, and also highlights how some people just dont "get" it

Reactions: 10