The 2 Johnnies #7 The lads are grand, it's Maura we can't stand.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The face on Johnny B when Brendan said what if they offered ye more money🤣🤣Did anyone see the clip?
I've listened to Brendan a few times on radio and he is sharp as a lance.

Reactions: 7
Never listened to Brendan before on radio, so good ended up listening to other podcasts of him on it. He gave the lads a good interview. Tbf when they explain it like with all the work it does make sense. I imagine Smacks and Annie want to start a family at some stage too and he’d want to be there for it all no doubt.

Reactions: 6
Brendan O'Connor very sharp.

The lads are saying its purely lifestyle choices, but that interview leaves me with the impression , reading between the lines, that if the deal was right they would have stayed

Brendan O'Connor very sharp.

The lads are saying its purely lifestyle choices, but that interview leaves me with the impression , reading between the lines, that if the deal was right they would have stayed
Definitely Johnny B kinda let too much out of the bag there they were in talks and it didn't work out

What are the chances 3 top acts all walk at the same time because they want to pursue other things...would be a big coincidence.

What are the chances 3 top acts all walk at the same time because they want to pursue other things...would be a big coincidence.
It all comes down to money. They all wanted more money while having loads more time off. The boys played their hand by getting that article bigging them up released , "the insider " was from their camp. They want to remind 2fm /rte how valuable they were.
This doesn't apply to the two boys. Doireann genuinely believed she was worth a higher pay check, she was already over paid🤣🤣

Reactions: 12
It all comes down to money. They all wanted more money while having loads more time off. The boys played their hand by getting that article bigging them up released , "the insider " was from their camp. They want to remind 2fm /rte how valuable they were.
This doesn't apply to the two boys. Doireann genuinely believed she was worth a higher pay check, she was already over paid🤣🤣
I’d say given all their revenue streams, they have often said radio isn’t their No. 1 which it is for others. Given the commitment required travelling up from Tipp, working 5 days a week in the show, and the restrictions on travel and tours and the album etc. they have very little time available for this “lifestyle”. There’s only so long you can keep burning the candles before something goes. They have employees on the podcast and then the band as well - so they have to look after other people’s salaries as well as their own.
They put a price on them staying and working as hard as they have for 2 years and also wanted the time to tour and do the album - RTE didn’t want to match it so they said goodbye. People have a price and the boys are entitled to name theirs.
The fact that others are leaving at the same time probably strengthened their hand in negotiations but ultimately they have walked away. Of course it could be that they were being told to change time slots and that didn’t work with their current work plus away for the tour and the album already this year - RTE probably think they can manage without them.

Reactions: 10
That was a very enjoyable podcast episode. I love when they have people like Joe/Tour Manager James on! Also the no Maura aspect helped a lot too.

Reactions: 10
I'm a few weeks behind as way away lately. Just listened to the interview with lyra - fantastic interview. You can tell the boys were a little in awe of her and really enjoyed her approach. Annie was fab too,!

Reactions: 6
Maura isn’t on the podcast often enough lately. I wonder is she stepping back 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Reactions: 8
Oh god 😱 I went on to superfans tiktok 😳 she apparently works on Carlow FM or something? On a Saturday. Maybe not recently but a few came up of her on the mic. Then I saw her dancing to two Johnnie's song. 😳😅 In her kitchen. I thought she was young going by FB posts but I think she could be about 19.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Is the fb group closed to new people? Can't seem to get in at all, dying to see about the superfan!

Reactions: 2
Aifric and Andriu bookies favourite to replace the lads . I hope they get it, especially Aifric.

Reactions: 11
Hopefully they'll call it Andriu and Aifric as when they say her name 1st all I hear is "African Andrew " 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14