The 2 Johnnies #6 Interviewing only fans girls for clout, but did ye hear? Maura choked a lad out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't listened to all of the podcast yet I got as far as Smacks talking about New York. I cringed so hard when Maura asked what the manachan that was replacing her was wearing. She thought the manachan would be naked or wearing just a bra. The lads do not see her like that - does she not realise that at this stage? When she said she was sitting at home naked she did not get a response she expected. I laughed when Johnny B said it was inappropriate. The whole thing was so awkward.

I'd say JB is nervous when hanging out with Maura and Trisha Lewis now that he's single 🫣

I agree that Maura is less annoying these days. Maybe the breakup knocked her confidence. I wouldn't want that for her in real life but her bravado didn't add anything to the pod.
What was I on this morning when I spelt mannequin like that? 🀯🀯 I'm so embarrassed! Poor spell check hadn't a clue how to help me either it was so wrong!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
What was I on this morning when I spelt mannequin like that? 🀯🀯 I'm so embarrassed! Poor spell check hadn't a clue how to help me either it was so wrong!
When I read it I thought is that how you spell it 🀣 I’m as bad as you

• Haha
Reactions: 2
When I was reading it, I was half asleep and thought you were referring to this guy....

1706776754384.png

πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You must have been mad confused that they were putting a bra on him πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You must have been mad confused that they were putting a bra on him πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
I was shocked to be honest. I was coming here to ask you to explain yourself.

I think a lot of my views of Maura have been coloured by what I have read here without having any opinion on her before. I am trying to take her at face value.

If Tattle teaches me anything it is that women trash women a lot easier than they trash a dude - we can be rather sexist. It's a head trip to analyse and challenge our views some times.
Anyhow. I am trying to see does she actually offend my senses or not. She seems a bit of a drip, but I would take her over Laurita Blewitt any day of the week for "podcast side kick".

Reactions: 6
If Tattle teaches me anything it is that women trash women a lot easier than they trash a dude - we can be rather sexist. It's a head trip to analyse and challenge our views some times.
Anyhow. I am trying to see does she actually offend my senses or not. She seems a bit of a drip, but I would take her over Laurita Blewitt any day of the week for "podcast side kick".
I get what you are saying and I don't disagree. Personally, I don't get the Neil love on here - he's grand but he's not much craic. He does his job and doesn't get in the way. I definitely spoke out against JB in the catfish scandal - the way he treated his ex was not on if that voicenote is true. I don't think I have anything bad to say about Smacks but I do think his wife deserves a medal!

When the podcast first came out I was Maura's biggest fan. I loved her and thought someone in RTE should snap her up quickly as a presenter. I even thought I'd love her to do her own podcast. I think the podcast and the association with the 2 Johnnies gave her a big head. She changed. I'll tell you my issues with her:

1. That high-pitched cackle that pierces my ears. There is no need for it.
2. She puts herself forward as a spokesperson for women but I do not agree with a lot of what she has to say. She comes across as a pick me who is "not like other girls".
3. The overtly sexual persona she has built for herself. It is cringy.
4. The fact that she goes on about being able to choke lads out. Give it a rest. She did a very intense MMA program 7 years ago and has not kept BJJ up. Hats off to her, I know people who did that program - it is tough - and she did the fight - that is hugely impressive - she is some woman for doing that but it is time to move on. Either go back to BJJ or stop talking about it constantly (a mention when it's appropriate is fine).
5. Some of her mystery topics are very childish but she thinks they are crazy and will shock people.

1, 2, and 4 are my main issues. I don't wish any bad on her at all, of course I don't, but I would like her to take it all down a notch. She ruins the podcast for me and I don't subscribe to the extra pod because of it.

Let me know if I am being unfair - I am open to being persuaded. If I liked her more I'd enjoy the podcast more.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I get what you are saying and I don't disagree. Personally, I don't get the Neil love on here - he's grand but he's not much craic. He does his job and doesn't get in the way. I definitely spoke out against JB in the catfish scandal - the way he treated his ex was not on if that voicenote is true. I don't think I have anything bad to say about Smacks but I do think his wife deserves a medal!

When the podcast first came out I was Maura's biggest fan. I loved her and thought someone in RTE should snap her up quickly as a presenter. I even thought I'd love her to do her own podcast. I think the podcast and the association with the 2 Johnnies gave her a big head. She changed. I'll tell you my issues with her:

1. That high-pitched cackle that pierces my ears. There is no need for it.
2. She puts herself forward as a spokesperson for women but I do not agree with a lot of what she has to say. She comes across as a pick me who is "not like other girls".
3. The overtly sexual persona she has built for herself. It is cringy.
4. The fact that she goes on about being able to choke lads out. Give it a rest. She did a very intense MMA program 7 years ago and has not kept BJJ up. Hats off to her, I know people who did that program - it is tough - and she did the fight - that is hugely impressive - she is some woman for doing that but it is time to move on. Either go back to BJJ or stop talking about it constantly (a mention when it's appropriate is fine).
5. Some of her mystery topics are very childish but she thinks they are crazy and will shock people.

1, 2, and 4 are my main issues. I don't wish any bad on her at all, of course I don't, but I would like her to take it all down a notch. She ruins the podcast for me and I don't subscribe to the extra pod because of it.

Let me know if I am being unfair - I am open to being persuaded. If I liked her more I'd enjoy the podcast more.
Completely agree with all of your points except I was never a Maura fan. Always found her insufferable, even at the very start. She is the ultimate pick-me girl.

She honestly thinks a mystery topic on periods or vibrators is so cutting edge and taboo.
It's like she is trying to make the lads squirm and it often just falls flat

HOWEVER - I have slightly softened towards her in the last couple of months (perhaps the break up has humbled her a little?)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
HOWEVER - I have slightly softened towards her in the last couple of months (perhaps the break up has humbled her a little?)
I know what it is like to be heartbroken - I hope she is ok x

I am glad to not have to listen to stories about her and Pete riding though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh I was not getting at you @surlook just taking the piss on your mannachan spelling and then made my points after.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yep I agree with her thinking she's a spokesperson for women, when she's not. I remember one episode she said labour isn't that bad, but she's never had a baby!
I thought it was bad form on the mystery topic this week to say she'll talk about her break up when Johnny B talks about his. Noone had asked her about hers, and Johnny B has never mentioned his on the podcast but she loves outing their business

Reactions: 7
Yep I agree with her thinking she's a spokesperson for women, when she's not. I remember one episode she said labour isn't that bad, but she's never had a baby!
I thought it was bad form on the mystery topic this week to say she'll talk about her break up when Johnny B talks about his. Noone had asked her about hers, and Johnny B has never mentioned his on the podcast but she loves outing their business
She's done that more than once now too. Remember she did it with the girl messaging Neil too?

@surlook We knew what you meant anyway!

It seems Neil’s romance may be over now too. His girlfriend has a cryptic quote story up on insta and all evidence of him seems to have been deleted from her grid. I could be reaching though!

• Wow
  • Sad
It seems Neil’s romance may be over now too. His girlfriend has a cryptic quote story up on insta and all evidence of him seems to have been deleted from her grid. I could be reaching though!
Maura will prob throw him under the bus next if so.
TBF I find Maura a little less of a sickener and also think she's looking well.

Reactions: 2
Neil might be well shot of her. I think there's a post somewhere from someone who met her at an after party and said she was a dose

Reactions: 1
Is lottie Ryan actually being serious? What Irish person hasn’t heard of Grace, or the rattlin bog! She’s away with the fairies

Reactions: 5
Is lottie Ryan actually being serious? What Irish person hasn’t heard of Grace, or the rattlin bog! She’s away with the fairies
She’s only prendending surely ? Even if you didn’t know the words you would have heard it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.