The 2 Johnnies #6 Interviewing only fans girls for clout, but did ye hear? Maura choked a lad out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness they had the podcast first and I think they are contractors for rte rather than employees, as long as the ratings are good 2fm need them more than they need 2fm

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s no fairness in it though, that’s the point. They are using public funds and being paid by public funds to indirectly promote a podcast on a rival platform. People spending time on Spotify listening to their podcast is taking potential ears away from RTE. I’m just stating the facts here and what is being said around the building.

Reactions: 6
But everyone and their dog has a podcast these days! If not their own they are appearing on others as guests. Will all that stop?

Reactions: 3
How do you know this?
I like your name.
---
Yes, this whole scenario has opened the door to this conversation. The likes of Doireann G is the same, promoting her businesses through RTE radio for free.
I have nothing against the 2Js, they are good fun, this is not an attack on them.
Listen to latest LMcS podcast on how this is being seen as malpractice now.
---
But everyone and their dog has a podcast these days! If not their own they are appearing on others as guests. Will all that stop?
Yea, it is likely, or they will put all of their podcasts behind paywalls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yea, it is likely, or they will put all of their podcasts behind paywalls.
Oh I think that would be a very bad move for the lads. I love their podcast but I won't be paying for it. Don't subscribe to the xtrapod either.

I wonder would chose it to leave RTE is faced with that option? They would disappear from my mind completely.

I'd imagine this might only happen as contracts come up for renewal as there must not be anything in their current contracts to stop them doing podcasts or other work.

IMHO it goes both ways, the 2j were well-established podcasting, gigging and doing some TV. 2fm wanted them for the radio slot to boost the ratings and probably bring in a more rural listenership.

Reactions: 8
I'd say they would pick their own pod over the rte radio show if push came to shove. That sweet rte paycheque is nice though im sure. Wont come to that though. There will be new v strict guidelines I'm sure but no wy will eve rte contractor / presenter be prevented from doing a side pod. It's 2023..if anything podcasting is the way forward and radio is a dying art.

Reactions: 4
I'd say the podcast is the main attraction from RTEs side. The lads brought lots of podcast listeners with them.

Reactions: 5
I'd say the podcast is the main attraction from RTEs side. The lads brought lots of podcast listeners with them.
Was about to say the same thing. They knew podcast listeners would transfer over and that was the draw. Younger listeners and rural listeners.i haven't listened to 2fm in years because I felt I'd nothing in common with the presenters

Which stream is the biggest money maker? The live shows? Podcast? Or the rte gig?

Shur everyone knows Louise Mc S is bitter as duck because she was dropped like a hot snot by 2fm. Course she's going to say its unethical

Has anyone listened to todays pod? First time I can remember in yonks that Maura was actually bearable ! Maybe she’s reading here who knows but she was fine for a change.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone listened to todays pod? First time I can remember in yonks that Maura was actually bearable ! Maybe she’s reading here who knows but she was fine for a change.
I'm so sorry I have to disagree with her mystery topic just to boast about the fact she's building a house and an effort to call in favours! I'm such a b1tch about her lately 🙈🤣

Reactions: 6
Do you know what I actually really enjoyed? They made one of the Patreon podcasts available as a regular Monday one, becuase they were on holidays. I thought it was really good. There is less structure and it allows the lads to riff a bit more and just chat. I think it gives more opportunity to show off their natural ability to be funny about every day stuff. And of course no Mystery topic, which is a huge bonus!

Reactions: 9
Do you know what I actually really enjoyed? They made one of the Patreon podcasts available as a regular Monday one, becuase they were on holidays. I thought it was really good. There is less structure and it allows the lads to riff a bit more and just chat. I think it gives more opportunity to show off their natural ability to be funny about every day stuff. And of course no Mystery topic, which is a huge bonus!
The xtra pod is well worth the subscription.

Is it often like I described, like a bit more freewheeling?
Absolutely.
Much more relaxed and chatty. They go off on a tangent constantly which I think is great and it feels more personal.

I look forward to the Thursday episode- well worth the subscription.

Reactions: 1
I listen to both the main pod and the XtraPod and enjoy both most of the time. So I agree the subscription to the Thursday ep is worth it. I hate the interviews though. If I read the description or title and it mentions an interview I kind of get pissed off. I find them boring but I suppose lots of people enjoy them.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.