Taylor Swift #8 This thread is about you. You know who you are. I love you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else a happily married woman and screaming at the top of her lungs “I WOULDNT MARRY ME EITHER; A PATHOLOGICAL PEOPLE PLEASER” 🗣
I was singing it around and my husband goes: "You? A people pleaser?" Grounds for divorce, right? :p

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It's interesting to me that this breakup happens now that she has shot to the most famous that she has ever been, semed that their relationship was more managable for him when she was more lowkey.

It can't ever be normal dating someone that famous, you can't do regular things, it must take a real toll on your mental health and life - this is what it's like going out to eat as a famous person....

Taylor has now proven thatshe has the emotional maturity of a 17 year old. It's a deeply emotional and sad transitional period when a relationship that long ends, so for her to be acting like this really says it all... very strange. It's really quite unhinged.

Attachments

Reactions: 11
I’ve been thinking that this song YLM fits in to the narrative that was originally given that it was a mutual split and the relationship had run its course.

But it also fits the other story that Joe couldn’t handle her level of fame and maybe rather than it being the fame it was the people pleasing that came with it and he wasn’t used to being with that side of her cos she was less popular when they met and then covid etc. I actually think all narratives we’ve been given could be true (or none at all) because the end of long term relationships are generally more complex.

Reactions: 7
Feel like I’m showing my age that I would think of him as Austin Powers before Shrek 💀🤣
I think of him in So I Married An Axe Murderer.
It's cringe now but teenage me loved that movie and quoted it all the time.

You know, Scotland has its own martial art? It's called duck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground.
---
1993. Christ.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I think of him in So I Married An Axe Murderer.
It's cringe now but teenage me loved that movie and quoted it all the time.

You know, Scotland has its own martial art? It's called duck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground.
---
1993. Christ.
This is still one of my favourite movies 😂 I had a boyfriend at the time whose dad was Irish and was exactly like the Scottish dad on this includingthe glasses. HEEEEEEEEEEEEED

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I've been listening on YouTube, bit easier than tiktok at least
I screen recorded and saved it to my files - it’s also on Spotify apparently. You could add the file to iTunes too if you’re not lazy like me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Apparently she didn't say anything before singing False God the other night and was then visibly upset during it.

I used to think "God help this girl if they ever break up" and now she's having to appear on stage for 3 hours, 2-4 times a week in the aftermath of the split. The whole mess with Matty probably seemed like a good idea but it can't be helping (not where she really needs help).

Reactions: 6
Apparently she didn't say anything before singing False God the other night and was then visibly upset during it.

I used to think "God help this girl if they ever break up" and now she's having to appear on stage for 3 hours, 2-4 times a week in the aftermath of the split. The whole mess with Matty probably seemed like a good idea but it can't be helping (not where she really needs help).
I wonder how much of it is a glisten from the screen/camera, sometimes I see people’s videos of the screen during songs and it looks like she’s crying or watery eyed but she definitely isn’t.

I think it must be hard singing “fan faves” about how much you wanted to marry your now ex

Reactions: 7
She repeated Clean ? Did she mess up the first time ?

welcome to NY was a given !!

Reactions: 3
I wonder how much of it is a glisten from the screen/camera, sometimes I see people’s videos of the screen during songs and it looks like she’s crying or watery eyed but she definitely isn’t.

I think it must be hard singing “fan faves” about how much you wanted to marry your now ex
Yes I've watched a few times and can't decide if she's crying or not exactly. The not saying ANYTHING before it is telling though.

Reactions: 6
She repeated Clean ? Did she mess up the first time ?

welcome to NY was a given !!
She didn’t, but did tell someone on tik tok that she could have possibly done it better in a higher key — the girl from the video was there last night 🥹

Reactions: 4
On reddit people are saying her mood seemed to change second half of show and although everything executed flawlessly there wasn't any real engagement with the audience.

Matty is obviously in the UK and was smoking and drinking out of a red wine bottle through his set in which he didn't do any "you know who you are"s.

But I'm sure this is coincidental.

A rebound is there to distract you from your pain by their constant presence.

A long distance rebound just doesn't hit the same.

Reactions: 12
On reddit people are saying her mood seemed to change second half of show and although everything executed flawlessly there wasn't any real engagement with the audience.

Matty is obviously in the UK and was smoking and drinking out of a red wine bottle through his set in which he didn't do any "you know who you are"s.

But I'm sure this is coincidental.

A rebound is there to distract you from your pain by their constant presence.

A long distance rebound just doesn't hit the same.
I’m not surprised he chose to not bring it up on stage, with the backlash they’ve had.
The wine drinking and smoking is always part of the set and sometimes it’s not even alcohol.
Their tour resumes on Friday so I wonder if they’ll be together until then

Reactions: 8
Yeah from what I saw was a very typical 75 set to me, with the exception of the lab coat and the Antonoff glasses !!! Was that on purpose??

I can’t believe Taylor is going to have a 100% great show everytime - like how is she not exhausted?!

Last edited:
Reading through it now and I wonder how much of it is just people already knowing the usual script of the whole show as a few people are saying that she didn’t talk enough or it didn’t feel genuine

I also enjoyed the parasocial take that she’s disappointed in her fans for intruding her privacy and is therefore “punishing” them by not giving a 100%
For clarification I enjoyed it because it’s such an insane take

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.