Taylor Swift #8 This thread is about you. You know who you are. I love you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well done @secretyoutubelover

And for any newbies, this is not strictly a rave thread. It is mainly Taylor fans, but we will call the bullshit out.

Taylor is currently on her ERAS tour in the states.
And she may or may not be dating Matty Healy, lead singer if the 1975.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Great thread title.

To be honest, the end of Tay and Joe has reminded me what I used to dislike about Swifties and the press’ relationship and speculation with Taylor (and how she manipulates it). It’s all so dramatic and yet somehow manages to be so boring.
I already miss the days where we (meaning fans, not Tattle) basically took invisible Joe for granted and picked apart Easter Eggs.

Reactions: 15
Excellent thread title!
To whoever said they had whiplash with the Matty thing, I totally agree. I’m still riding the midnights train and it’s so weird listening to the Joe songs. I wonder how she feels performing them!

As I side note I’m also baffled by Gigi and Leo DiCaprio?!?

Reactions: 7
James and Inez were there last night! Just saw a cute vid of them leaving holdings Taylors hands
Wonder if they know how lucky they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
really thought she was gonna do Ronan last night. I woke up ready to cry haha.

Reactions: 2
Update: bestie has still only played one extra song from Reputation 😭
So… on clock from ‘the man’ video, rep is next. Maybe this is why? Maybe that’s the next re record she is announcing and will be doing so on the tour so is saving surprise songs for that?

Reactions: 3
Well done @secretyoutubelover

And for any newbies, this is not strictly a rave thread. It is mainly Taylor fans, but we will call the bullshit out.

Taylor is currently on her ERAS tour in the states.
And she may or may not be dating Matty Healy, lead singer if the 1975.
Well said.

I'm still not ok with punishing people for the sins of others e.g. Taylor getting backlash for appearing (very briefly) in Amsterdam. Hers was a tiny role in a pretty awful movie with about a dozen very famous and current actors/legends. She probably should have had more sense than to work with RTD (or at the very least Tree should have known he was bad news), but what we "know' on Tattle about the bad tit people in the public eye get up to, does not reflect what the rest of the population knows. We all know Taylor fancies herself as a bit of an actress (we all know she's just ok at it though). Was I complicit in RTD's sins by watching the movie on Disney+? Possibly. Is this something I intend on beating myself up about? Absolutely not.

However... with so much coming out about this (unattractive*) man, I am definitely beginning to question her taste and sanity. Working briefly with and sleeping with are two very very different things. How he managed to get near her I will never know. Maybe (at a push) in his younger days but he has not aged well.

This may be a real thing for both of them, but I'm not inclined to believe that whatsoever. The (very bizarre) mouthing to the camera during cardigan came across less committed than his was and her face immediately went back into performance mode. It's like she's deliberately trying to do the opposite of everything that was Joe to punish him (by moving on so quickly and publicly with someone so unlike him). This is the only explanation that makes sense to me, yet i still think it's very unhealthy and bizarre.

I really hope the headlines about her being unsure are accurate. If so, i think she may continue it for a bit longer to spare the 2 week wonder headlines (maybe even surpass the typical 3 month limit of her previous album worthy relationships) but it will definitely be over by Christmas. Sooner I hope. She can definitely limit the amount she sees him in that time with the tour etc. If not, she really does risk a big fall from grace. How or why I don't know, but the feeling of uneasiness is there.

* Looks aren't everything and I don't think any of her exes have fully floated my boat. But I got them to a certain extent. With Matty, he still looks like a drug addict. That unwashed, scrawny heroin look makes me shudder. This is certainly not her typical type and I really hope it doesn't become her TS11 image. Can you imagine?

Reactions: 10
Well said.

I'm still not ok with punishing people for the sins of others e.g. Taylor getting backlash for appearing (very briefly) in Amsterdam. Hers was a tiny role in a pretty awful movie with about a dozen very famous and current actors/legends. She probably should have had more sense than to work with RTD (or at the very least Tree should have known he was bad news), but what we "know' on Tattle about the bad tit people in the public eye get up to, does not reflect what the rest of the population knows. We all know Taylor fancies herself as a bit of an actress (we all know she's just ok at it though). Was I complicit in RTD's sins by watching the movie on Disney+? Possibly. Is this something I intend on beating myself up about? Absolutely not.
I assume you mean David O Russell and not Russell T Davis from Doctor Who? 😂

I feel like she should be held accountable there, as should every other actor in that film. I also watched the film on D+ with the logic that I already paid the membership and they already had the rights to the film so no payment went directly to him on my end

• Haha

I feel like she should be held accountable there, as should every other actor in that film. I also watched the film on D+ with the logic that I already paid the membership and they already had the rights to the film so no payment went directly to him on my end
Lol yes. Lmao.
---
Where do you stop holding people accountable though? I don't know how the rights/income for movies on streaming services works, but surely more popular tv shows and movies get rewarded after rights are acquired?

Hollywood is such a fucked up place with so many problematic individuals, many of whom have created great movies/works of art. I'm not trying to have a go at anyone. I don't know what I'm ok with. For example.. my kids are too young still, but I would in the future like to introduce them to some great older movies. Does Kevin Spacey's controversy mean I can't let them watch The Usual Suspects? Are James Gunn's tweets ok because they were satire and his cast supported him?

It's a minefield.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Yeah I dunno where the line is. I would still watch Kevin Spacey movies because I enjoy them yet I can’t listen to Lostprophets anymore without feeling sick to my stomach…

The fact is if 1975 haven’t been cancelled for stuff Matty does, and are actually having their biggest boom in popularity the last year, I don’t think it’s gonna get Taylor cancelled by association.

Reactions: 10
There’s a tik tok clip I saw the other night of Matty chatting with his bandmate about having a family and missing out on little moments. A family walks past as he’s chatting with Hann and he says ‘that’s what I want right there not performing’. I think deep down he has good intentions, their music has always been very political and they often speak what others are saying. I’m not defending Matty at all, he’s made mistakes and arguably there are things he’s ‘cancellable’ for. But as some said it hasn’t happened and being cancelled these days seems almost impossible, and going back from what I said in the last thread, Taylor is 33 years old and capable of deciding who she wants to date and when she wants to date them. She hated her relationships being portrayed in a certain light in the media, and if she and him are the real deal I actually think she’ll be upset knowing her fans are slating him because they still love Joe, when he more so than Joe knows how toxic the industry can be at times.

There’s a tik tok clip I saw the other night of Matty chatting with his bandmate about having a family and missing out on little moments. A family walks past as he’s chatting with Hann and he says ‘that’s what I want right there not performing’. I think deep down he has good intentions, their music has always been very political and they often speak what others are saying. I’m not defending Matty at all, he’s made mistakes and arguably there are things he’s ‘cancellable’ for. But as some said it hasn’t happened and being cancelled these days seems almost impossible, and going back from what I said in the last thread, Taylor is 33 years old and capable of deciding who she wants to date and when she wants to date them. She hated her relationships being portrayed in a certain light in the media, and if she and him are the real deal I actually think she’ll be upset knowing her fans are slating him because they still love Joe, when he more so than Joe knows how toxic the industry can be at times.
I'm sure he's not all bad. But this whole spectacle feels rushed, fake (on her part anyway) and makes him look at best impulsive (at worst kinda stupid).

Here's this woman who lived with another man she wrote beautiful, heartfelt love songs about for 6 years (songs where she repeatedly told the world she didn't want to be without him)... Of course she's now in love with me when we've hardly had a chance to spend any time with each other over the past few months (or however long this relationship has apparently been going on). Not just not spending time together but spending most of it on different continents. Sure Jan.

Reactions: 14
I'm sure he's not all bad. But this whole spectacle feels rushed, fake (on her part anyway) and makes him look at best impulsive (at worst kinda stupid).

Here's this woman who lived with another man she wrote beautiful, heartfelt love songs about for 6 years (songs where she repeatedly told the world she didn't want to be without him)... Of course she's now in love with me when we've hardly had a chance to spend any time with each other over the past few months (or however long this relationship has apparently been going on). Not just not spending time together but spending most of it on different continents. Sure Jan.
yes I’d agree there’s a rushed element and they’re definitely playing into rumours etc!! Whatever they’re planning or up to is working as people are talking!

This is what raises my eyebrow because even if her and Joe did break up longer ago than we know it still seems there’s some crossover here of at least maybe not so harmless flirtatious banter with MH while being in her long term relationship with Joe for them to be so “madly in love” and comfortable being so public so fast. She’s not one to shy away from infidelity as we all know 😂.
Not judging her like because I’ve done it all myself and if Matty has always been her “what if” I’m happy she can now explore that, but I’m glad the Joe slander has died down because I’m starting to think that it’s Miss Swift that’s been a little bit naughty here (just my opinion, don’t get the pitchforks out guys. I would say this about a man too if it was the other way round lmao)

Reactions: 11
I like Taylor’s music but I’m not at all convinced she’s that nice of a person 🤷🏻‍♀️. She’s known Matty for a long time and knows him better than the public ever will, that isn’t really the issue I have with it.

She doesn’t get seen in public with a fling unless she wants to be seen which means she’s either trying to hurt Joe, in which case grow up you’re 33 🙄 or there was some cross over - and not for the first time in her history.

Reactions: 34
I like Taylor’s music but I’m not at all convinced she’s that nice of a person 🤷🏻‍♀️. She’s known Matty for a long time and knows him better than the public ever will, that isn’t really the issue I have with it.

She doesn’t get seen in public with a fling unless she wants to be seen which means she’s either trying to hurt Joe, in which case grow up you’re 33 🙄 or there was some cross over - and not for the first time in her history.
Oh she's definitely trying to hurt Joe. The big question being why? And at what cost?

Whether you agree with writing songs about exes, it's what she does and she's not alone there (just more notorious for it than others). The only people (afaik) she has been savage to in song or otherwise publicly are the ones she has felt (rightly or wrongly) treated her badly.

Joe may be completely innocent here.. or he could have done something really bad. I do think the Emma Laird Bowery posts were too much of a coincidence to be accidental though (especially given the fallout of her previous post). None of us know though and the likelihood of getting a statement from anyone involved is very very slim. The analysis and anticipation of her next album will be off the scale though.

Reactions: 12
I don't think cancelling is the only potential negative outcome of once more playing the media and doing things she already did in her 20s in some twisted little revenge act. She is indeed probably too big to cancel, and there will always be people willing to support even 100% proven awful humans, like the Chris Brown shitshow showed. And Taylor hasn't done anything like that, she's just exhibiting some very immature behaviour and associating with what publicly seem to be not so great people. But I have zero plans to return my Eras tour tickets, for example, and I'm sure most ticket holders don't plan on it either.

However, I don't understand why she keeps playing stupid games when she'll only win stupid prizes. What's her goal with playing the media again and once more plastering her romantic drama everywhere? She's not going to reach new audiences. The tour is basically sold out, and I doubt anyone would buy the super expensive tickets left just in case she kisses Matty Healy on stage. It won't make critics take her songwriting more seriously or people in general see her acting/screenwriting/directing ambitions in a better light. If anything, she'll harm those things she's worked so hard to build. It's boring and stupid and she doesn't seem stupid, so I don't get it.

And yes, absolutely agree that she's trying to hurt Joe but as someone said before, that's an old move at 33, and also, is all this worth that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Oh she's definitely trying to hurt Joe. The big question being why?
Because he broke up with her? That’s enough of a reason. Obviously feeling scorned if the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with decided he didn’t feel the same. And quite betrayed actually, as anyone would, if the person you had made life plans with, bought property with etc. made a U-turn.

I don’t think either of them cheated. I just think she pounced on Matty straight away to distract herself from probably the worst heartbreak ever, and also to get back at Joe at the same time. The “madly in love” headlines are probs solely for his benefit lol.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

I agree. I also think especially as she's so famous and has lots of connections it's not like it was a take this role or never get another shot at fame situation.

Remember that line in Ginny and Georgia about her dating loads of guys - she called that out, but then on the other hand will work on films like Amsterdam? I'm not excusing the Ginny and Georgia thing, but just seems hypocritical of her to me. 🤷‍♀️

Going a bit off topic but what does everyone think of her directing? I think it's fine but nothing special. I think the praise/opportunity to make her own film are purely because of her big following rather than her talent.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.