Taylor Swift #8 This thread is about you. You know who you are. I love you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also can’t stop listening to YLM. That bridge 😭😭

Part of me hopes this is the final song about Joe and she never writes a song about him again. Don’t think this will happen though, not when she could get another album out of the whole thing

Reactions: 11
YLM: sorry but I cannot get past "getting tired even for a phoenix rising from the ashes mending all her gashes".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lyrically one of the most bizarre songs she has done.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Surely one of her boyfriends would have pointed out by now that gashes has another meaning this side of the atlantic

• Haha
Reactions: 27
YLM: sorry but I cannot get past "getting tired even for a phoenix rising from the ashes mending all her gashes".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lyrically one of the most bizarre songs she has done.
I’m so glad someone said this! It’s a lovely song but I could do without the word “gashes” in any piece of music, especially a poignant breakup song

Reactions: 15
I mean if this is her Joe break up song it's a diss in itself because it's very half hearted.

Of all her exes she put the least effort into Joe's song I feel.....somehow I think she's trying to say something with this!

Reactions: 1
I mean if this is her Joe break up song it's a diss in itself because it's very half hearted.

Of all her exes she put the least effort into Joe's song I feel.....somehow I think she's trying to say something with this!
Surely you jest. Hello, Calvin Harris. It took her years to do High Infidelity. I Forgot That You Existed also took years and it was essentially about her indifference.

YLM is here to send a message and push Taylor's narrative that this breakup was coming, that she has processed it and therefore was fine, that she's blameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh but in my head Closure on Evermore was for Calvin. The reason I think this is it uses dance style beats that he is famed for (aka I can do what you do) and it talks about him being overseas (when it ended he returned to Europe) and it mentions a long letter he sent, which I think I remember him referencing.

And I think Closure is a first class break up song!!

Reactions: 3
I always thought closure was about karlie - not in a gaylor way, but in an end of friendship way.

Reactions: 4
Oh but in my head Closure on Evermore was for Calvin. The reason I think this is it uses dance style beats that he is famed for (aka I can do what you do) and it talks about him being overseas (when it ended he returned to Europe) and it mentions a long letter he sent, which I think I remember him referencing.

And I think Closure is a first class break up song!!
Closure is great, but if it is about Calvin, it came 4+ years post breakup too. What I'm saying is, it's way too early to say YLM is *THE* Joe Alwyn breakup song. It's*A* Joe Alwyn breakup song and one conspicuously put out to serve a certain purpose in Taylor's need to control and win.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There are 100% gonna be more Joe songs, we’ll be hearing about this break up for the next 2 albums at least 😂

If she wrote a 10 minute song about a 3 month relationship, I’m expecting nothing short of an opera about the last 6 years

• Haha
Reactions: 35
There are 100% gonna be more Joe songs, we’ll be hearing about this break up for the next 2 albums at least 😂

If she wrote a 10 minute song about a 3 month relationship, I’m expecting nothing short of an opera about the last 6 years
Nothing short of an opera has tickled me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Bit late on this but does the karma ice spice remix give anyone else ant & seb vibes (old x factor, if any UK people remember these guys) 😭😭
Omg, flashback to when I lived in the UK 🤣And yes, it's definitely giving the same vibe.

Reactions: 5
Anyone else a happily married woman and screaming at the top of her lungs “I WOULDNT MARRY ME EITHER; A PATHOLOGICAL PEOPLE PLEASER” 🗣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Anyone else a happily married woman and screaming at the top of her lungs “I WOULDNT MARRY ME EITHER; A PATHOLOGICAL PEOPLE PLEASER” 🗣
my Bf is going to think I’m expecting a proposal with how often I’m saying it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can you imagine if YLM became a secret song? Getting to shout both CP's "what a shame she's fucked in the head" and YLM's "I wouldn't marry me either, a pathological people pleaser" in one night?

The "who only wanted you to see her" line cuts me to the bone. Yeah. He didn't want to marry me either.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Can you imagine if YLM became a secret song? Getting to shout both CP's "what a shame she's fucked in the head" and YLM's "I wouldn't marry me either, a pathological people pleaser" in one night?

The "who only wanted you to see her" line cuts me to the bone. Yeah. He didn't want to marry me either.
He wasn't worth it.
---
Closure is great, but if it is about Calvin, it came 4+ years post breakup too. What I'm saying is, it's way too early to say YLM is *THE* Joe Alwyn breakup song. It's*A* Joe Alwyn breakup song and one conspicuously put out to serve a certain purpose in Taylor's need to control and win.
Was closure not about Kim Kardashian? I thought she was the one who wrote to her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Was closure not about Kim Kardashian? I thought she was the one who wrote to her.
I've heard it being said it's about Kim or also about Karlie Kloss. Like @Lilykins said, not in a Gaylor/Kaylor way, just in the "when the words of a sister come back in whispers"end of a friendship way. Makes sense to me too because of the line about new friends. And also, in my experience, friends betraying you can feel as intense as a romantic relationship breaking down.

But, if someone wants to read it as a Calvin Harris breakup song, who am I to deny them? ☺ It's the great thing about Taylor songs, they can be interpreted differently. I have trouble imagining Calvin sitting down to write a letter, but hey. Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.