Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

honkytonkcat

As an international fan I am starting to get a little peed off at the moment. We’ve had to wait ages for a good quality version of Hits Different, now this new exclusive song to NJ shows which we probs won’t get a decent version of until god knows when (I know most the US will be the same with that).

We’ve had to sit and watch endless coverage of the Eras tour with no international dates in sight (even though in the UK we all pre-ordered the original Midnights album on the promise of pre-sale for non-existent dates). On top of that, we’re getting an email from the UK store every 5 mins asking to purchase yet another vinyl/remix/merch.

Maybe I’m just being jealous and impatient but it really is TIRING always rooting for the anti-hero.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

JLXRD

VIP Member
I’m so over all this now. I feel like she’s using surprise songs/comments at shows as part of some weird game to show who’s come out on top in the break up. The comment last night about being the happiest she’s ever been felt so disingenuous.

Like sorry but you just split from your partner of six years about whom you wrote countless songs declaring about how pure that love was and now you want us to believe that you’re just over that? I don’t buy it.

It’s giving denial and pettiness. Even if she’s in rebound honeymoon heaven with MH, I’m not buying that she is truly so happy about all this.

Reactions: 40

QueenBW

VIP Member
You know who doesn't need to tell literally thousands of people that they're super happy, never ever been this happy and even add a dig that it's not just about their job? Happy people.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

smudge126

VIP Member
I’m on Joe’s side…Joe if ur reading this I’d make a great rebound AND I’d make you look so rich, you wouldn’t have to be the poor one any more!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

ChilliBean

VIP Member
There are 100% gonna be more Joe songs, we’ll be hearing about this break up for the next 2 albums at least 😂

If she wrote a 10 minute song about a 3 month relationship, I’m expecting nothing short of an opera about the last 6 years

• Haha
Reactions: 35

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
On first listen, I don’t mind You’re Losing Me- but it feels so soon for her to putting out a deeply sad and personal breakup song- and on top of that, monetising it as an exclusive on her tour. It’s really odd behaviour. I get that pain is art and musicians process heartbreak through their music… but something feels particularly invasive about this to me, even for Taylor. I can’t see how she can be over the relationship enough for this not to be to a decision made out of anger, pain or heartbreak - I just keep asking myself lately where is her line, and when does it start to become deeply unhealthy? All your fans wooping and cheering your heartbreak poetry does not mean you’ve healed. It’s sad to me…

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I like Taylor’s music but I’m not at all convinced she’s that nice of a person 🤷🏻‍♀️. She’s known Matty for a long time and knows him better than the public ever will, that isn’t really the issue I have with it.

She doesn’t get seen in public with a fling unless she wants to be seen which means she’s either trying to hurt Joe, in which case grow up you’re 33 🙄 or there was some cross over - and not for the first time in her history.

Reactions: 34

disneys

VIP Member
I do feel like this is her saying leave Matty alone
Yes defo it’s an “I am happy , don’t worry about me , my life is good” ….. but if I’m honest Taylor I don’t really care how happy you are, I’ll never condone you associating with a known racist , sexist , whatever else Matty Healy is !

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
She didn’t say it. She didn’t deny it either when her manic army assumed it and went crazy. To this day lots of her fans assume it was wrong on all counts for him to have dated a 19 year old.
But it is wrong. If my 19yo child male or female came home and told me they were dating a 33yo I would really have to wonder what the hell is wrong with a grown ass adult who wants to date a teenager. Im 34 and I cannot even imagine looking at a 19yo and thinking oh theyre attractive 🤯 for me its definitely a power play and this is coming from someone who was preyed upon by older men from a young age. Its only looking back I can see it for what it was

TS dating Connor Kennedy is also icky so Im not here to defend on that part. You can be a victim but also a predator. Theyre not mutually exclusive.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
“I’m the happiest I’ve ever been” it’s giving a Mum splitting up with the baby Daddy and posting “just me and the kids now”

• Haha
Reactions: 32

secretyoutubelover

Chatty Member
I think what bugs me the most about the narrative of the song is that apart from the ‘pathological people pleaser’, there seems to be no responsibility for her actions once again. She’s a phoenix, she’s always having to rise above, she’s the best one at the party, gave her best self to Joe, did all the fighting, etc. I just think this breakup has brought out all the absolute worst things about her personality and her celebrity level and how she perceives herself because of it. I think she’ll lose the interest of a lot of us older fans who have followed her since day one, because while we and Taylor grow up, the emotional processing does not seem to be moving forward. Which is hugely sad, as I really thought folklore and evermore were such beautiful, mature records. Huge step backward for me both in musical/lyrical output and public behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

grannypants

Chatty Member
I think it’s funny that well only ever know the breakup from her perspective when she releases her next album. Joe is never going to directly reveal or even hint at what happened the way Taylor will.

It’s always going to be The Breakup (Taylor’s version)

• Haha
Reactions: 30

grannypants

Chatty Member
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… girl would benefit hugely from

a) being single for a year
b) having some serious therapy.

She might be having some kind of identity crisis tbh, which isn‘t uncommon when coming out of a long term relationship. Not to mention that her last five albums, which was some of her best work that she was so proud of, is now littered with painful memories: they’re not just songs about Joe, they’re songs she also wrote with Joe. That must really suck, particularly considering her history of not owning her albums and re-recording etc. Now his imprint is all over her work. I know it was her decision to involve him in the writing and creating process but ouch, that’s gotta sting.

• Sad
Reactions: 30

disneys

VIP Member
Or it could show that she doesnt regard this relationship as serious or going the long term. I think she was so private with Joe partly through his choice but also partly because she was terrified of people ruining it as she wanted it to last. (Half the songs on Rep and Lover are her explaining that)

Maybe she knows this a rebound so is having fun with it 🤷‍♀️
Exactly !!!

she protected her relationship with Joe so fiercely because it was special and worth protecting , she said multiple times in lyrics that she thought he’d be her forever and she didn’t want any outside forces interfering with it and potentially jeopardising it . She’s so acutely aware that a life with her is not a normal life - “the rain is always gonna come when you’re standing with me” “is it enough?” .. she wanted to shield her relationship from that outside force .

with Matty , I think it’s clear what’s happened here . They clearly had something in 2014 , and it probably got rekindled when he worked with her on Midnights and then she appeared at their show in January . There’s been a mutual attraction there for years , and now she needs a ‘bad boy’ (… not a fucking racist though , Chris - anyone get that reference??) to just have fun with so the involvement of the media is less important , and to also she probably wants to hurt Joe a bit too and make sure she’s seen with him which is why it is more public !

• Haha
Reactions: 29

QueenBW

VIP Member
Taylor Nation is going live right now from the show and Taylor is talking about how Ice Spice reached out to her at the very beginning of the year saying she'd love to Collab, not knowing that Taylor had been listening almost exclusively to Ice Spice music while training for the tour.

I'm out and should not be on Tattle or Instagram but this was too weird. I don't recall Taylor Nation doing this full live for minutes on end on show nights before.

She's really trying to control the narrative here, but I think it's run away from her.

It keeps going and going, she's talking about how she's never been around another newcomer who's as prepared and curious and knows what she wants.

Sure, Jan.

And the second the "I'm Not a Racist" veiled propaganda ended, so did the live cast. Didn't even show a snippet of live show 🤣🥴

I should have taken a screenshot or recorded my screen to share it with y'all but it only occurred to me now. But it was extra cringey cause she made her dancers stand behind her. And many of them are POC, so the message was extra hammered in.

She's not a racist, guys. It's giving Alfie Deyes' I'm not a Tory, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: 29