Taylor Swift #8 This thread is about you. You know who you are. I love you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not defending him, I’ve already commented twice about how I think he’s problematic.

I was just correcting the poster, because it wasn’t him that said it. I also said in my last post that he laughed at what was said and that that was basically condoning it.
Sorry, Little Pea, I didn't mean to say you yourself were defending him, I believe I've seen and liked your posts mentioning he was laughing. I have seen the "he didn't say it" used as a defense on this very forum and that's what I was referring to and why I added the article detailing what happened. He didn't say it but he laughed and agreed and then went on to call her dumb and also to be racist against the Japanese so same difference in my book.

Reactions: 12
Not a fan of the new lover costume. It’s like they made it then were like “let’s add tassels and giant sequins!” Looks so odd and cheaper now 😅 the new evermore dress is horrible too.

Reactions: 16
Not a fan of the new lover costume. It’s like they made it then were like “let’s add tassels and giant sequins!” Looks so odd and cheaper now 😅 the new evermore dress is horrible too.
Not a fan of the big bust on the enchanted dress either!
IMG_5786.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Of course Taylor’s songs are going to be from her perspective. Nearly every break up people tend to go through a cycle of feeling sorry for themselves and then processing it through the different emotions until they eventually reach a semi-mature place. I don’t understand why she is being criticised for writing a song about her break up from her perspective - that’s the only perspective she has and YLM sounds to me like it was written during the relationship which would explain why she wouldn’t release it as they were together still (again?). Midnights/YLM gives the impression of a very on/off ending to their relationship.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Of course Taylor’s songs are going to be from her perspective. Nearly every break up people tend to go through a cycle of feeling sorry for themselves and then processing it through the different emotions until they eventually reach a semi-mature place. I don’t understand why she is being criticised for writing a song about her break up from her perspective - that’s the only perspective she has and YLM sounds to me like it was written during the relationship which would explain why she wouldn’t release it as they were together still (again?). Midnights/YLM gives the impression of a very on/off ending to their relationship.
It’s not the song per se, but the reaction she’s trying to invoke from it. There’s a reason it’s coming out now, and that’s to send the hate Joes way instead of Mattys

Reactions: 17
Is it just me or does ice spice seem kinda bored?. In the video and performing there was no.. performance. Felt like she was bored or uninterested. I'm sure she wasn't but made for awkward watching.

Reactions: 18
I do feel she is pushing this ice spice collab thing so hard. Premiering the video at a tour date, doing a video in the first place, all the pics on her insta etc. I’m kinda cringing and the words ‘ice spice’ have lost all meaning for me I’ve read them so much 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Is it just me or does ice spice seem kinda bored?. In the video and performing there was no.. performance. Felt like she was bored or uninterested. I'm sure she wasn't but made for awkward watching.
Everything I’ve seen of them just looks really awkward. In the pictures Ice Spice looks fun while Taylor looks like she doesn’t really want to be there

Also, this may explain it too:
IMG_3978.jpeg

plus, I’m sure Ice Spice is somewhat aware of the whole controversy and knows how this may look to the public, and it’s not like she has the power to say anything

Reactions: 15
Oh my gosh the TikToks I’m seeing about this song !!!

People saying “when you’re in a 6 year relationship you shouldn’t have to communicate !! They should KNOW why you’re upset” 🥲

My husband isn’t Psychic Sally ffs - of course I have to tell him if something’s on my mind ! He might pick up on a vibe that I’m upset or angry but he likely won’t know why unless I’ve said ! Taylor is teaching these young Swifties that communication in relationships is not necessary and they’re eating it up 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Oh my gosh the TikToks I’m seeing about this song !!!

People saying “when you’re in a 6 year relationship you shouldn’t have to communicate !! They should KNOW why you’re upset” 🥲

My husband isn’t Psychic Sally ffs - of course I have to tell him if something’s on my mind ! He might pick up on a vibe that I’m upset or angry but he likely won’t know why unless I’ve said ! Taylor is teaching these young Swifties that communication in relationships is not necessary and they’re eating it up 🤣
Men are way to thick to pick up hints like that 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ice Spice always looks like this to me. I think it's her USP (which really doesn't work for me).

Reactions: 6
Men are way to thick to pick up hints like that 🤣
Honestly! All these people either have never been in a relationship or are as immature as Taylor. Well, I guess the third option is that they have all been lucky enough to date men who are mind readers...

We all need help understanding the other person sometimes. And if after six years you're expecting your partner to do all the work of deciphering you, then you're failing too.

I love the song, nothing against the song, but it just shows once more how whenever she gets to a touchy spot of self-realization she backs away and blames the other.
---
Everything I’ve seen of them just looks really awkward. In the pictures Ice Spice looks fun while Taylor looks like she doesn’t really want to be there

Also, this may explain it too:
View attachment 2200123
plus, I’m sure Ice Spice is somewhat aware of the whole controversy and knows how this may look to the public, and it’s not like she has the power to say anything
Yep! Either way, it's not good news for what it says about her as a person.

Reactions: 14
It’s not the song per se, but the reaction she’s trying to invoke from it. There’s a reason it’s coming out now, and that’s to send the hate Joes way instead of Mattys
I listened to the song many times and I can see why people are blaming Joe but I read it so differently. I see her as describing the drift people in long term relationships often experience. She is clear she is communicating with her body language but not actually communicating her words and this is why he doesn’t understand.
Many of Taylor’s fans are young and/or immature and don’t really understand that relationships can fall apart.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have followed Taylor since Fearless (original version) and have enjoyed her music throughout the last decade. Never has it been this way, where I have felt secondhand embarrassment and disgust towards her, when it comes to her actions.

I had blindly bought her narrative when it came to

1. Joe Jonas

The reality: The 27 second phone call breakup was publicised by her unnecessarily on public television. When it was later publicly revealed that the phone call was not supposed to be a breakup over the phone but an explanation, and she hung up on him! and that was the end of that relationship.

2. Jake G

The reality: She aired the dirty laundry again in royal fashion when the 10 minute video came about. A complete production from HER perspective about how it all went down, and what a poor little lamb she was. The Swift army attacked Jake after a decade, for a relationship that lasted for less than 3 months.

3. John M

The reality - I don’t support abuse. However she is controlling this narrative by implying that she wasn’t of age to be taken advantage by him. Last I checked she was an adult when this relationship happened. Her feelings are her feelings, she is allowed that. But the meanings between the lines are painting her as such a goody goody.

The Kanye scandals, Scooter, etc: I am very skeptical about the versions we hear from her. I am positive those things happened, and it caused her a great deal of pain. However I don’t buy her narrative.

Even if I disregard everything above, the way she is behaving towards Joe ( if the relationship ran it’s course as per her own song) is outright disrespectful and vindictive. A mature human being cannot take that stance about a relationship they cherished for 6 years and would not purposely try to hurt their ex publicly in this way. That says a lot about her as a person.

As fans her age has matured with time, she hasn’t. Younger fans will surely adore her and buy these narratives, but I can see straight through it and it’s disgusting.

The victim mentality is getting so old. Old as she is in age.

That’s my rant for today. I like her music and believe that Forklore was her best work. It was mature and beautiful. It’s truly sad to experience 16 year old behaviour from the same woman.

She shouldn’t have made her personal life her job to THIS EXTENT

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I have followed Taylor since Fearless (original version) and have enjoyed her music throughout the last decade. Never has it been this way, where I have felt secondhand embarrassment and disgust towards her, when it comes to her actions.

I had blindly bought her narrative when it came to

1. Joe Jonas

The reality: The 27 second phone call breakup was publicised by her unnecessarily on public television. When it was later publicly revealed that the phone call was not supposed to be a breakup over the phone but an explanation, and she hung up on him! and that was the end of that relationship.

2. Jake G

The reality: She aired the dirty laundry again in royal fashion when the 10 minute video came about. A complete production from HER perspective about how it all went down, and what a poor little lamb she was. The Swift army attacked Jake after a decade, for a relationship that lasted for less than 3 months.

3. John M

The reality - I don’t support abuse. However she is controlling this narrative by implying that she wasn’t of age to be taken advantage by him. Last I checked she was an adult when this relationship happened. Her feelings are her feelings, she is allowed that. But the meanings between the lines are painting her as such a goody goody.

The Kanye scandals, Scooter, etc: I am very skeptical about the versions we hear from her. I am positive those things happened, and it caused her a great deal of pain. However I don’t buy her narrative.

Even if I disregard everything above, the way she is behaving towards Joe ( if the relationship ran it’s course as per her own song) is outright disrespectful and vindictive. A mature human being cannot take that stance about a relationship they cherished for 6 years and would not purposely try to hurt their ex publicly in this way. That says a lot about her as a person.

As fans her age has matured with time, she hasn’t. Younger fans will surely adore her and buy these narratives, but I can see straight through it and it’s disgusting.

That’s my rant for today. I like her music and believe that Forklore was her best work. It was mature and beautiful. It’s truly sad to experience 16 year old behaviour from the same woman.

She shouldn’t have made her personal life her job to THIS EXTENT
Nothing to say on the rest as yes it’s very much her narrative is the final word, but on the Kanye thing she was definitely telling the truth as the full 27 min phone call got leaked back in 2020

Reactions: 20
We should all prepare for songs with the following themes

- Us against the world: A love story revisited

- I am literally the happiest I have ever been. Really!

- You are not always who you love

- Living in a house with three walls (our lives are so
public I hate it!)

- Love is (whatever colour she wants to use for this new era)

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.