Taylor Swift #7 We Think Joe Did It But We Just Can't Prove It

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I low-key love London Boy but also very happy to admit that it’s terrible lol

Overall I think Lover is a great album that was let down by appalling singles. Cruel Summer, Cornelia Street and DBATC are some of her best work and I’m also a big fan of The Archer

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No it's 100 percent awful....I cringe when I see the BBC live lounge video in particular...she's not infallible our taylor
It's cringe but it's not taking itself too seriously either. She redeems herself though on the same day with the other songs. I love the live lounge video of her singing can't stop loving you. So gorgeous.

Reactions: 6
It's cringe but it's not taking itself too seriously either. She redeems herself though on the same day with the other songs. I love the live lounge video of her singing can't stop loving you. So gorgeous.
Holy Ground was stunning that day too. I also love what she’s wearing
IMG_4011.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think Lover is a bit weak as an album but DBATC is one of my favourite TS songs, it’s just such a gorgeous break up track. Plus obviously Cruel Summer is amazing. There’s some really good tracks on there.

I’m amazed to see very little beef about London Boy which is absolutely terrible. Like ‘what was she thinking’ terrible. Am I alone in this? 😄
London Boy is my least favourite Taylor song by a country mile. Absolutely agree on the 'what was she thinking' thing! It is total cringe from start to finish. I skip it now.

Reactions: 5
London boy = straight to jail.

'I FANCY YOU' 'BEST MATES'

Instant ick. 🙈 sorry. I will die on this hill.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
London Boy is a song I feel I shouldn’t love but I just kind of do 😂 It’s so catchy and… jolly.

Reactions: 12
London Boy is a song I feel I shouldn’t love but I just kind of do 😂 It’s so catchy and… jolly.
I agree and I like that she’s not taking herself too seriously on it, just simply singing about the hometown of the man she loves (now loved)

Reactions: 3
I’m amazed to see very little beef about London Boy which is absolutely terrible. Like ‘what was she thinking’ terrible. Am I alone in this? 😄
I love London. I've loved my fair share of London Boys. Nothing will make me skip a song faster than "We could go driving on my scooter".

It's so so so cringe for me. It's like what someone who's never been to London would write about London. And the tune itself is so saccharine. I can't even enjoy the hamminess of it all the way I do with, say, Shake it Off or You Need To Calm Down.

Reactions: 6
Comfort rewatching Rep tour on Netflix seeing as she won’t give us the international dates

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Forgive me if this has been discussed on here - but does anyone feel convinced Joe and Taylor have been over awhile and Midnights is a break up album? There is so much evidence to speculate over in the lyrics now, reading them with that possibility - and to be honest it makes it a more cohesive album…

I suspect that just because we know about it now doesn’t mean it happened now. The PR team surrounding Taylor will have planned for this meticulously- hence the pap walks, the friends unfollowing in unison, her ability to do the shows without having a meltdown!! I think it’s very possible that the pressure has come from Joe’s camp because he’s met someone and doesn’t want to be branded a cheater… even if he is.

there are many lyrics in Midnights to hint at a Joe split inspiring the writing:

“How'd we end up on the floor anyway?" You say
"Your roommate's cheap-ass screw-top rosé, that's how" - followed by

And I wake with your memory over me/ That's a real bleeping legacy to leave

One day I'll watch as you're leaving
And life will lose all its meaning

But it's been two thousand one hundred and 90 days of our love blackout
The system's breaking down (the system's breaking down)

If you knew where I was walking
To a house, not a home, all alone 'cause nobody's there
Where I pace in my pen and
My friends found friends who care
No one sees when you lose
When you're playing solitaire

And the last line of the whole album is ‘you should find another’!! Another what?!

thoughts??

Reactions: 9
Yes, I think they broke up around or before Midnights came out.... Not announcing it then gave her time to grieve the relationship (if needed) prior to the tour starting.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.