Taylor Swift #7 We Think Joe Did It But We Just Can't Prove It

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@secretyoutubelover it's been discussed some here, I think more so last thread if you are curious. I personally don't see it.

Yes, there are songs that hint at issues in a way that only really make sense in hindsight but to say that they'd been broken up since then feels like a stretch to me.

Not to mention that there's also Sweet Nothing, which sees her be as in love with Joe as ever. Mastermind. Lavender Haze. And the 3AM section has The Great War, "I will always be yours, cause we survived the great war." And Paris. In these songs she writes of him as someone who truly sees her and loves her and accepts her.

Weren't they seen together post-Midnights release holding hands and stuff? ETA they were seen at least on October 19 together, she's smiling.

She also spoke in present tense about their relationship when talking about Lavender Haze in the run up to Midnights' release and the Lavender Haze music video had Easter eggs about them, like their zodiac constellations together and stuff.

In Anti-Hero she's talking of her fear of it happening, she's talking of waking up from nightmares in which he leaves. That's not the same as saying he's left. Maybe the writing was on the wall and she was holding on.

If we are official, the last line of the actual, official, 13 songed album is "cause I'm a mastermind" 😂 which fits perfectly. The 3 AM songs are absolute bangers (most of them anyway, ew glitch) but if we're going for the official album cut as intended, it's mastermind that's last.

Lord I need a hobby that's not Taylor gossip 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Just to say I am listening to my long pond vinyl for the first time and I am OBSESSED. I may prefer it to the standard folklore. She just sounds so good and ethereal.

Reactions: 5
@secretyoutubelover it's been discussed some here, I think more so last thread if you are curious. I personally don't see it.

Yes, there are songs that hint at issues in a way that only really make sense in hindsight but to say that they'd been broken up since then feels like a stretch to me.

Not to mention that there's also Sweet Nothing, which sees her be as in love with Joe as ever. Mastermind. Lavender Haze. And the 3AM section has The Great War, "I will always be yours, cause we survived the great war." And Paris. In these songs she writes of him as someone who truly sees her and loves her and accepts her.

Weren't they seen together post-Midnights release holding hands and stuff? ETA they were seen at least on October 19 together, she's smiling.

She also spoke in present tense about their relationship when talking about Lavender Haze in the run up to Midnights' release and the Lavender Haze music video had Easter eggs about them, like their zodiac constellations together and stuff.

In Anti-Hero she's talking of her fear of it happening, she's talking of waking up from nightmares in which he leaves. That's not the same as saying he's left. Maybe the writing was on the wall and she was holding on.

If we are official, the last line of the actual, official, 13 songed album is "cause I'm a mastermind" 😂 which fits perfectly. The 3 AM songs are absolute bangers (most of them anyway, ew glitch) but if we're going for the official album cut as intended, it's mastermind that's last.

Lord I need a hobby that's not Taylor gossip 😭
Agree with all this - he was also at her Grammys afterparty and she was wearing his jacket so they were still together then

Reactions: 4
I get the impression that their relationship was a lot rockier than most fans realised, despite it being hinted at in her music, songs that were once thought to be about others may have been about moments in her relationship with Joe. So not over officially but Midnights hints heavily that they were nearing the end and she knew it.

Reactions: 18
Interesting that WCS was written around the time of the 2021 Grammys because John Mayer performed there that night.

I love the stuff that Aaron and Taylor write together so I'm so happy that it sounds like they're still working together!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
^^ Ah, I was wondering if maybe being in LA for that time she had been hearing celeb gossip in certain circles and John Mayer had been in conversation which had her thinking, etc. But him performing that night makes it clear.

But also, she was probably in LA for a while rehearsing, won the AOTY Grammy, and of course the last time she’d done that was when she was living in LA and dating Calvin and she was with him when she won AOTY for 1989. So maybe that time got her reminiscing and finally able to write the definitive Calvin song in High Infidelity that she’d been avoiding.

Reactions: 3
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but what are peoples thoughts on ‘thethriftyswifty’ she pops up on my TikTok a lot at the mo!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but what are peoples thoughts on ‘thethriftyswifty’ she pops up on my TikTok a lot at the mo!
I can’t stand her. She talks wayyyy too much before getting to the point

• Haha
  • Heart
Okay strap in this is a long one about the break up so if you’re not interested in gossip about that then you maybe wanna scroll by ….

I listened to Deux Moi’s podcast today while cleaning and she talked for about Joe and Taylor’s split for around 25 minutes with “Enty” who I think is another gossip blind item kind of person . What she said was very interesting and I know it can’t be taken as fact but I think Deux Moi is rarely wrong . She’s got a lot of trusted sources !

From her sources , Joe had been pulling away from Taylor for a while in the lead up to the tour . He and Taylor decided to take a break during the US leg of the tour and regroup after to see if they could work this out . Apparently they have taken breaks before which they have successfully kept secret but haven’t lasted because one of them usually went running back as they missed the other too much . Not this time though . This supposedly happened before the Oscars this year .

then it started getting back to Taylor that Joe was talking about the break up . This was at the end of March . Apparently people in Joe’s circles kept asking her about it , and this enraged her , possibly leading to an altercation . The Tuesday before the break up was announced , a family member from Joe or Taylor (Deux Moi wouldn’t confirm whose family member it was) sent Deux Moi saying they’d split . From the DM , it sounds like it was from Joe’s side as it referenced Taylor as “everyone’s favourite pop star is single again” … idk it feels icky that someone in Taylor’s life would say that but again , no idea

Deux Moi didn’t post it because she didn’t believe it . She had always been very much team “they’re engaged if not married” and thought they weren’t . Then from Thursday Deux Moi was getting tip offs again that they’d split . She shared these and said she wouldn’t believe until People confirmed which they did on Saturday . It is thought that Joe’s team planted the initial announcement with ET . Then Taylor’s team got on the offence , releasing those statements saying how their relationship was insular and didn’t survive outside of lockdowns and public hiding , and that Joe couldn’t cope with Taylor’s fame .

At the moment , Deux Moi says she hasn’t heard anything from her sources to suggest Joe was unfaithful , but that things were not as amicable as first suggested as Taylor is extremely cross that Joe made the news public without consulting her .

It’s all gossip and hearsay but I think Deux Moi has some trusted sources and quite often gets it right . Guess we will know when TS11 is released , but thought this was probably the most credible timeline / explanation I’ve heard yet

Reactions: 10
Okay strap in this is a long one about the break up so if you’re not interested in gossip about that then you maybe wanna scroll by ….

I listened to Deux Moi’s podcast today while cleaning and she talked for about Joe and Taylor’s split for around 25 minutes with “Enty” who I think is another gossip blind item kind of person . What she said was very interesting and I know it can’t be taken as fact but I think Deux Moi is rarely wrong . She’s got a lot of trusted sources !

From her sources , Joe had been pulling away from Taylor for a while in the lead up to the tour . He and Taylor decided to take a break during the US leg of the tour and regroup after to see if they could work this out . Apparently they have taken breaks before which they have successfully kept secret but haven’t lasted because one of them usually went running back as they missed the other too much . Not this time though . This supposedly happened before the Oscars this year .

then it started getting back to Taylor that Joe was talking about the break up . This was at the end of March . Apparently people in Joe’s circles kept asking her about it , and this enraged her , possibly leading to an altercation . The Tuesday before the break up was announced , a family member from Joe or Taylor (Deux Moi wouldn’t confirm whose family member it was) sent Deux Moi saying they’d split . From the DM , it sounds like it was from Joe’s side as it referenced Taylor as “everyone’s favourite pop star is single again” … idk it feels icky that someone in Taylor’s life would say that but again , no idea

Deux Moi didn’t post it because she didn’t believe it . She had always been very much team “they’re engaged if not married” and thought they weren’t . Then from Thursday Deux Moi was getting tip offs again that they’d split . She shared these and said she wouldn’t believe until People confirmed which they did on Saturday . It is thought that Joe’s team planted the initial announcement with ET . Then Taylor’s team got on the offence , releasing those statements saying how their relationship was insular and didn’t survive outside of lockdowns and public hiding , and that Joe couldn’t cope with Taylor’s fame .

At the moment , Deux Moi says she hasn’t heard anything from her sources to suggest Joe was unfaithful , but that things were not as amicable as first suggested as Taylor is extremely cross that Joe made the news public without consulting her .

It’s all gossip and hearsay but I think Deux Moi has some trusted sources and quite often gets it right . Guess we will know when TS11 is released , but thought this was probably the most credible timeline / explanation I’ve heard yet
Interesting.

Enty is an interesting character. He claims to be close to Tree, Taylor's publicist. She used to follow him on Twitter, not sure if she still does.
Enty has posted blinds about Taylor and Joe's relationship over the years but what is also very interesting is he's posted about gaylor/kaylor and Joe having a grinder account.

I think Taylor (and maybe Joe, going by rumours) is bi but will never say it nor does she have to.

Interesting.

Enty is an interesting character. He claims to be close to Tree, Taylor's publicist. She used to follow him on Twitter, not sure if she still does.
Enty has posted blinds about Taylor and Joe's relationship over the years but what is also very interesting is he's posted about gaylor/kaylor and Joe having a grinder account.

I think Taylor (and maybe Joe, going by rumours) is bi but will never say it nor does she have to.
Oh interesting I didn’t know that . I just hate speculating about anyone’s sexuality . I don’t care who she dates , as long as she keeps making great music :)

Reactions: 8

Hmmm. So i listened myself. They may have showbiz connections but neither of them seemed to have much of a clue about Taylor's music and/or WHY everyone was so stunned that they broke up.

Enty knew Invisible String was a love song but not how personal to Joe it is, for example.

His comments about wishing she had been nominated for an Oscar because 'she would have shown up without Joe and people would have asked questions then' for example is just utter bollocks. They never did red carpets, which an entertainment blogger should know. If anything, a nomination may have made Joe stick around longer maybe, but we know he has issues being known as Taylor's (ex) boyfriend.

I think they are probably correct about the circumstances of the breakup though. But I think Joe has been a naughty boy in some way too.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone remember a prolific Tumblr from years back with Ginger in her name? She seemed to get invited to a lot of fan stuff despite the fact that she and her sisters were rather mean to others bordering on bullying. She seems to have disappeared I was wondering if anyone knew what happened?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone remember a prolific Tumblr from years back with Ginger in her name? She seemed to get invited to a lot of fan stuff despite the fact that she and her sisters were rather mean to others bordering on bullying. She seems to have disappeared I was wondering if anyone knew what happened?
Are you thinking of palegingerbabies? I remember people bullying her and her sister back during the rep era.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.