Taylor Swift #7 We Think Joe Did It But We Just Can't Prove It

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you thinking of palegingerbabies? I remember people bullying her and her sister back during the rep era.
Yes! During 1989 and before they were pretty dreadful to others, I had ducked out by Rep time so maybe the tables were turned on them.

Reactions: 1
Yes! During 1989 and before they were pretty dreadful to others, I had ducked out by Rep time so maybe the tables were turned on them.
I remember people started getting mean when one of them got to meet Taylor in New York. I think it might have started with the kaylors.

Reactions: 3
I have just realised we still don’t have any physical copies of the 3am tracks 🥲 like when is this happening pls. Surely before she drops speak now?

Reactions: 6
Karma impacts US radio stations starting next week so do we assume that was what she was filming for?

The Ryan Reynolds unfollow of Joe is the one that baffles me the most and makes me think there is more to it than just personality differences and Joe not being able to take Taylor's fame and her getting tired of making herself small to fit into his life (which I do think is a huge part of it).

First of course, because Ryan wrote that sycophantic article about Joe and praised him as a person not just as an actor. And second cause Ryan while friends with Taylor is more friends with Taylor because of Blake than anything else. It's one thing if Blake, Gigi, "the squad" unfollow. But partners sometimes can be less involved with their partner's friend's drama.

And I don't think it necessarily has to be that Joe cheated. I could totally see Taylor taking it as a huge betrayal that they were on a break and he went and blabbermouthed to all. She doesn't like it when she's not controlling the story, when the perception of her isn't the one she crafted.

I sustain that he did it knowing it'd be the last straw. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it , 😂

Reactions: 10
Okay strap in this is a long one about the break up so if you’re not interested in gossip about that then you maybe wanna scroll by ….

I listened to Deux Moi’s podcast today while cleaning and she talked for about Joe and Taylor’s split for around 25 minutes with “Enty” who I think is another gossip blind item kind of person . What she said was very interesting and I know it can’t be taken as fact but I think Deux Moi is rarely wrong . She’s got a lot of trusted sources !

From her sources , Joe had been pulling away from Taylor for a while in the lead up to the tour . He and Taylor decided to take a break during the US leg of the tour and regroup after to see if they could work this out . Apparently they have taken breaks before which they have successfully kept secret but haven’t lasted because one of them usually went running back as they missed the other too much . Not this time though . This supposedly happened before the Oscars this year .

then it started getting back to Taylor that Joe was talking about the break up . This was at the end of March . Apparently people in Joe’s circles kept asking her about it , and this enraged her , possibly leading to an altercation . The Tuesday before the break up was announced , a family member from Joe or Taylor (Deux Moi wouldn’t confirm whose family member it was) sent Deux Moi saying they’d split . From the DM , it sounds like it was from Joe’s side as it referenced Taylor as “everyone’s favourite pop star is single again” … idk it feels icky that someone in Taylor’s life would say that but again , no idea

Deux Moi didn’t post it because she didn’t believe it . She had always been very much team “they’re engaged if not married” and thought they weren’t . Then from Thursday Deux Moi was getting tip offs again that they’d split . She shared these and said she wouldn’t believe until People confirmed which they did on Saturday . It is thought that Joe’s team planted the initial announcement with ET . Then Taylor’s team got on the offence , releasing those statements saying how their relationship was insular and didn’t survive outside of lockdowns and public hiding , and that Joe couldn’t cope with Taylor’s fame .

At the moment , Deux Moi says she hasn’t heard anything from her sources to suggest Joe was unfaithful , but that things were not as amicable as first suggested as Taylor is extremely cross that Joe made the news public without consulting her .

It’s all gossip and hearsay but I think Deux Moi has some trusted sources and quite often gets it right . Guess we will know when TS11 is released , but thought this was probably the most credible timeline / explanation I’ve heard yet
A lot of the subreddit seems to think it's true purely because Taylor's behaviour has been "petty" (public appearances) and some of the songs suggest that they went from talking about marriage to Joe rejecting it completely - I think it's Lavender Haze that many seem to see as a "coping" song rather than her deciding against marriage herself

Reactions: 7
Record store day 2024 probably
I hope not - I feel like it’s similar to releasing a deluxe version, I dunno how long she’s waited previously between standard and deluxe releases?

She could definitely sell far more by not making it RSD and Tay is a capitalist queen so I’d be shocked.

I hope not - I feel like it’s similar to releasing a deluxe version, I dunno how long she’s waited previously between standard and deluxe releases?

She could definitely sell far more by not making it RSD and Tay is a capitalist queen so I’d be shocked.
All of the other deluxe releases were released on CD at the same time. Except for Taylor Swift and Fearless Platinum which were released physically and digitally a year later. It was more normal back then to release a deluxe version a year later and she hasn’t done this since those first two albums.

Speak now, red and 1989 had the regular and deluxe albums released at the same time - in the US the deluxe version were target exclusives. In the UK they kind of just sold both in stores.

Reputation, lover, folklore and evermore never had deluxe editions.

She’d have made more on folklore long ponds by not making it RSD too though.

Vinyl was never that big for her previous deluxes though (from Taylor Swift to 1989) and the deluxes of the non Taylor versions ( save fearless platinum which only got the deluxe release) have never been released on vinyl

Last edited:
All of the other deluxe releases were released on CD at the same time. Except for Taylor Swift and Fearless Platinum which were released physically and digitally a year later. It was more normal back then to release a deluxe version a year later and she hasn’t done this since those first two albums.

Speak now, red and 1989 had the regular and deluxe albums released at the same time - in the US the deluxe version were target exclusives. In the UK they kind of just sold both in stores.

Reputation, lover, folklore and evermore never had deluxe editions.

She’d have made more on folklore long ponds by not making it RSD too though.

Vinyl was never that big for her previous deluxes though (from Taylor Swift to 1989) and the deluxes of the non Taylor versions ( save fearless platinum which only got the deluxe release) have never been released on vinyl
Ughhhhhh okkkkk but I don’t want to queue again 🥲🥲🥲 I’m going to pretend like it might come out separately from RSD until it happens haha.

Desperately want a repress of the lover live from Paris vinyl (I was in the cinema when it got released and sold out in like 10 mins) and I was hopeful bc it was still on the website just not available but now it’s been totally removed so don’t feel it’s likely.

Reactions: 2
Hmmm. So i listened myself. They may have showbiz connections but neither of them seemed to have much of a clue about Taylor's music and/or WHY everyone was so stunned that they broke up.

Enty knew Invisible String was a love song but not how personal to Joe it is, for example.

His comments about wishing she had been nominated for an Oscar because 'she would have shown up without Joe and people would have asked questions then' for example is just utter bollocks. They never did red carpets, which an entertainment blogger should know. If anything, a nomination may have made Joe stick around longer maybe, but we know he has issues being known as Taylor's (ex) boyfriend.

I think they are probably correct about the circumstances of the breakup though. But I think Joe has been a naughty boy in some way too.
Hmmm , I think maybe you’ve missed the point slightly . They never claim to be huge Taylor fans - they’re celebrity gossip blogs . And they are some of the most popular . I don’t know Enty (and i wasn’t overly imprsssed by him , he didn’t add much to this podcast really) but I’ve followed Deux Moi for a very long time . She has trusted sources and usually her gossip is pretty reliable .

the point of the podcast is that they are reporting on the gossip and tidbits they’ve heard to try and piece together the story , not really analysing every detail of her lyrics and things like that . And I really disagree about Duex Moi not knowing about their relationship and not understanding why it was so shocking . I guess you haven’t followed or heard of Deux Moi before but she has been solidly posting blind items about how strong their realtionship is , that they’re engaged , talking about marriage etc for YEARS . When she received the first blind item / DM from a source saying they broke up she did not post it and told the person it was bollocks because of how strong she felt Joe and Taylor’s relationship was .

I wasn’t hugely convinced by their analysis of some things and I agree about the Oscar comment as I don’t think they would have walked the red carpet together regardless , although if they had both attended it would have been interesting to see how they handled that . But that’s not what I’m interested in . I follow Swifties on TikTok for that analysis . That was Enty who suggested that about the red carpet , and to be honest he really didn’t seem to know as much about the whole situation as DM despite claiming to be a swiftie . I didn’t mention any of his analysis here because I kind of thought it was bogus , but I don’t think we can discredit them for not being big fan when it’s only really their jobs to report on the gossip . And they don’t just focus on Taylor , they report on the whole celeb world . They can’t possibly be experts on everyone !

But as someone who has followed DM for a long time , I completely and utterly disagree that she doesn’t know anything about Taylor and why the breakup is so shocking . You can be a good gossip blogger and understand a situation and have reliable sources without being a massive fan who knows every lyric off by heart , understands every reference and picks apart every Easter egg . That’s not DM’s function .

but it is all hearsay and gossip . I do trust DM but like every blind item site you’ve got to take it all with a pinch of salt . Only 2 people will know what happened exactly : Taylor and Joe . All we can do is guess and gossip about it (which , if you didn’t get that from my previous posts , I find so interesting !!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
PGB is now jonathantaylorthomas
Her sister Mag is magxit

They’re both still active on tumblr. I only got into the Taylor side of tumblr around 2015 so can’t remember why people hated them! There are quite a few characters on there. Do you remember Johnny (this-sick-swift) who was accused of bullying but then Taylor bought him a swiftmas gift and kissed his cheek at the brits. Then she posted the famous glove photo about the drama and everyone got so upset 😂

I never had a Taylor blog but followed a few and the constant self-reblogging when Taylor was online was so annoying.

Hmmm , I think maybe you’ve missed the point slightly . They never claim to be huge Taylor fans - they’re celebrity gossip blogs . And they are some of the most popular . I don’t know Enty (and i wasn’t overly imprsssed by him , he didn’t add much to this podcast really) but I’ve followed Deux Moi for a very long time . She has trusted sources and usually her gossip is pretty reliable .

the point of the podcast is that they are reporting on the gossip and tidbits they’ve heard to try and piece together the story , not really analysing every detail of her lyrics and things like that . And I really disagree about Duex Moi not knowing about their relationship and not understanding why it was so shocking . I guess you haven’t followed or heard of Deux Moi before but she has been solidly posting blind items about how strong their realtionship is , that they’re engaged , talking about marriage etc for YEARS . When she received the first blind item / DM from a source saying they broke up she did not post it and told the person it was bollocks because of how strong she felt Joe and Taylor’s relationship was .

I wasn’t hugely convinced by their analysis of some things and I agree about the Oscar comment as I don’t think they would have walked the red carpet together regardless , although if they had both attended it would have been interesting to see how they handled that . But that’s not what I’m interested in . I follow Swifties on TikTok for that analysis . That was Enty who suggested that about the red carpet , and to be honest he really didn’t seem to know as much about the whole situation as DM despite claiming to be a swiftie . I didn’t mention any of his analysis here because I kind of thought it was bogus , but I don’t think we can discredit them for not being big fan when it’s only really their jobs to report on the gossip . And they don’t just focus on Taylor , they report on the whole celeb world . They can’t possibly be experts on everyone !

But as someone who has followed DM for a long time , I completely and utterly disagree that she doesn’t know anything about Taylor and why the breakup is so shocking . You can be a good gossip blogger and understand a situation and have reliable sources without being a massive fan who knows every lyric off by heart , understands every reference and picks apart every Easter egg . That’s not DM’s function .

but it is all hearsay and gossip . I do trust DM but like every blind item site you’ve got to take it all with a pinch of salt . Only 2 people will know what happened exactly : Taylor and Joe . All we can do is guess and gossip about it (which , if you didn’t get that from my previous posts , I find so interesting !!)
Oh no I know a good bit about Deux moi and I believe her overall understanding of it too. My point being, some of the stuff they were saying re songs was a poor interpretation of the significance.

I don't understand why she didn't believe the initial tip off if it came from someone related to (most likely) Joe. I didn't notice her saying "relation of", so related to could mean publicist etc. Her not believing it is very odd though. She also says Taylor believes that Joe released this info, which she would obviously know if the tip came from his camp, especially as the she said it was worded the same as the initial articles.

Joe wanted out. He took the cowards way though.

Ughhhhhh okkkkk but I don’t want to queue again 🥲🥲🥲 I’m going to pretend like it might come out separately from RSD until it happens haha.

Desperately want a repress of the lover live from Paris vinyl (I was in the cinema when it got released and sold out in like 10 mins) and I was hopeful bc it was still on the website just not available but now it’s been totally removed so don’t feel it’s likely.
I’ll be low-key pissed if they repress the lover live from Paris vinyl solely based on how much I had to spend to get it 🤣 just kidding, I’ll be happy for everyone just a bit bitter

Reactions: 2
PGB is now jonathantaylorthomas
Her sister Mag is magxit

They’re both still active on tumblr. I only got into the Taylor side of tumblr around 2015 so can’t remember why people hated them! There are quite a few characters on there. Do you remember Johnny (this-sick-swift) who was accused of bullying but then Taylor bought him a swiftmas gift and kissed his cheek at the brits. Then she posted the famous glove photo about the drama and everyone got so upset 😂

I never had a Taylor blog but followed a few and the constant self-reblogging when Taylor was online was so annoying.
oh yes I remember the Johnny drama. Swifty fandom tumblr around the 1989 era was peak crazy especially with the clamouring to get noticed by Taylor.
Many speculated Calvin Harris couldn't take the paps and media attention my impression was he could cope with them but not the way over involved fans tracking his every movement, getting into his families private FB accounts, posting photos and names of his niece and nephew whom he had always kept private and other very personal family stuff that he and his family never publicly shared.
The fandom was scarily toxic back in those days which I rather suspect contributed to Taylor withdrawing from SM for a long time, she had accidentally created a monster by interacting with them.

Reactions: 7
someone asked if she is still friends with Abigail, they had dinner in Tennessee last night, they were spotted but not photographed. Nice that she doesn’t drag her non-famous friends in to pap shots haha

Reactions: 9
someone asked if she is still friends with Abigail, they had dinner in Tennessee last night, they were spotted but not photographed. Nice that she doesn’t drag her non-famous friends in to pap shots haha
She's just about the only person who can actually afford to go out for dinner these days :cry:. Well done Taylor for propping up the hospitality industry.🤑😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wanna know where they ate so I can check it out next time I'm in Nashville!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.