Taylor Swift #63 Liverpool N1 truly the biggest night of foolishness we’ve ever had

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Songwriters dramatise stuff sometimes. The truth is not always compelling.

A fun example is that the key lime green dog in TGLAD was a cat in reality. "Dog" and "rock" have the same vowel sound, so it just sounds nicer (Taylor loves using the same vowel sounds as close as possible). Or she couldn't bear to make a fool of a cat in a song.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just don’t think I care enough about what ‘the truth’ is to be bothered if she was the villain or not in her relationships. I like her music so I just take what I want to from the songs and make it my own little story of what happened or relate my own experiences back to it to give it a narrative in my head.

I think there’s a lot of artistic license used as well, and it’s all a little embellished/over dramatised. I’ve said before but the songs would be boring if they weren’t over dramatised (see small man… if that was just ‘ugh you were a bit of a dick, it would not hit the same would it 🤣)

It’s a bit like watching the hills or made in Chelsea. I am invested even if I think a lot of it is probably not real. I’m just having a good time 🤷🏻‍♀️
This for me as well, I'm in it for the sparkly dresses and good music.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hello I got last minute tickets to night 1 still haven't come back down to earth. There was someone stretchered off and I was hoping to see something about if they were doing OK but I've seen nothing. I'm interested to see what she does after December.

• Heart
Don’t think I’ve used this much glitter eye shadow and highlighter since high school folks. Going to be finding it in my carpet for weeks I think!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This for me as well, I'm in it for the sparkly dresses and good music.
same! and absolutely we can’t take every lyric she writes as gospel, as the truth. i would be extremely surprised if things weren’t ever embellished at all to fit the song, to fit the style of whatever she was going for on a record etc! and yeah it’s fun to speculate but ultimately we will never know the truth.
either way, she writes songs i relate to on a crazy level and that’s what i love.

so long london is so accurate to my life rn and i go through so many emotions listening to it lol

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I like her music so I just take what I want to from the songs and make it my own little story of what happened or relate my own experiences back to it to give it a narrative in my head.
I get it! People are saying Gold Rush is about Karlie but no no, it's about that one out of this world handsome guy I had a very intense fling with back in 2018 (we really wanted it to work out, alas, he was already scheduled to move abroad when we met).
---
Maybe not on/off but highs/lows? I suppose like any relationship.

The songs that suggest lows; The Great War, Hits Different, afterglow, hoax(?), peace, happiness (?), the Alcott, you're losing me. Am I missing any?

I've been lucky enough to only have been in one serious relationship (plenty of flings though, lol) and have so far never had my heart broken in that way. Serious question, re the unfollowings etc etc... Is being cheated on worse than the other person simply not loving you enough or considering you not worth all the hassle?
Both are terrible, but I think being cheated on would hurt my self-esteem more (it's the mix of not being enough and being fooled at the same time).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sorry I don’t know why I went off on one about it all today, usually I’m a bit more balanced and I understand creative licence / truth being somewhere in between / not knowing any of the individuals involved etc. but something just went off for some reason, I think I was already annoyed. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry I don’t know why I went off on one about it all today, usually I’m a bit more balanced and I understand creative licence / truth being somewhere in between / not knowing any of the individuals involved etc. but something just went off for some reason, I think I was already annoyed. 🤣
i mean if we were ever going to discuss/dissect/give our own opinions on these kind of things then it’s going to be here on a discussion forum! i do like reading everyone’s takes, whether i agree or disagree and i like that it’s pretty much always a respectful discussion. it’s why i love this thread 🥰 (and the fact we are all equally unhinged when it comes to a tour livestream)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I read the article and rolled my eyes so hard at Billion dollar Swift machine Vs Ordinary Joe. Oh come off it he's not an ordinary guy serving pints in the local pub he's an Actor! He has a team behind him too, he's just been to Cannes, he has a Grammy, he had the balls to date the most famous woman in the world yet in their piece he's just nice man Joe who speaks well.

Let's not forget how they met and what was going on at the time, he knew how she operated and decided he liked it then.
I do agree with this he's rich and privileged even if not on the same scale as Taylor. But she is in a complete other ballpark. Even ballpark doesn't feel big enough a metaphor. 😅 And yeah he knew she was famous at the time, but her fame is wayyy bigger than it was then. I think he just genuinely did love her and maybe the negative aspects were worth it until they had bigger struggles and split. He has had to deal with a lot, some of it stemming from Taylors actions (interviews, lyrics, the mass unfollowings), and some just from her unhinged fans which appears to be undeserved. The mass unfollowing made me think something awful would come out about him but I think if he had cheated or done something crappy she would have revealed it by now.
---
Hello I got last minute tickets to night 1 still haven't come back down to earth. There was someone stretchered off and I was hoping to see something about if they were doing OK but I've seen nothing. I'm interested to see what she does after December.
I saw on a FB group that they were OK! Apparently someone in standing, she was pregnant and her friend said she maybe hadn't eaten or drank enough but she is fine now.

• Heart
  • Wow

A fun example is that the key lime green dog in TGLAD was a cat in reality. "Dog" and "rock" have the same vowel sound, so it just sounds nicer (Taylor loves using the same vowel sounds as close as possible). Or she couldn't bear to make a fool of a cat in a song.
I love the idea for Taylor men are free to be made fools but not a cat! That's where she draws the line. 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 13

The cat to dog thing was also an example of how ~folklore~ tales are passed down and over time change too, wasn’t it? I swear she said that somewhere too, or someone did.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There's apparently £60 tickets on Ticketmaster but I wasn't an 'invited fan' 😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I spent so long trying to decide of I wanted the Wembley standing tickets or wait for seated that they went 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Thanks to the fellow shortarses who left me their standing info! 🫶 Going to aim for seats but will take anything that comes up if I'm lucky enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My husband got a ticket master code 3 days ago and we've only just found the email so frantically refreshing and hoping 😬😬😬

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.