Taylor Swift #63 Liverpool N1 truly the biggest night of foolishness we’ve ever had

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of interest, what would everyones dream surprise song combo be? Mash ups or non mash ups - dealers choice.
long time lurker of this thread and not going to any of her concerts but been wanting a white horse/your losing me mash up 👀

Reactions: 10
I think one of the problems with the Swifties hating on Joe is misplaced resentment from the time Taylor was more private.
She went very suddenly from posting on Tumblr, photographed daily, cute Instagram videos in her home and then fairly suddenly it all stops and everything changes. Which was more to do with the backlash but possibly also part of her ED recovery yet Joe has been unfairly blamed.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
How do we know that song is about him? It could easily be Matty and his struggles or from the perspective of someone talking to her.

Is the evidence Joe having depression just from Taylors music? I have always assumed he spoke about it somewhere, if he hasn't that brings into question him being the source of certain songs. She has after all spoke about her own mental health maybe she was singing about herself?
“You sacrificed us to the gods of your bluest days” in a song called so long London I’d say it was Joe, her relationship with Joe was so London based referenced in London boy looking at buying houses there etc etc, she knew what she was doing with the teenage petulant brat tit, thinking it was clever under the songwriting banner, but it was her usual petty Betty self when she has a score to settle. She had no right to put it on blast to the world, duck being a Taylor apologist, (I’m not saying you are one, I just mean in general x ) it wasn’t her story to tell, she just sounds selfish and it wasn’t necessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He has a team behind him too, he's just been to Cannes, he has a Grammy, he had the balls to date the most famous woman in the world yet in their piece he's just nice man Joe who speaks well.
The imbalance between Taylor and Joe and their experience in PR has always been a point of discussion when it comes to these issues. They all have PR teams but not all PR teams are going to be as experienced with dealing with things

Doesn’t he only have a Grammy because of Taylor giving him writing credits lol?

Reactions: 5
How do we know that song is about him? It could easily be Matty and his struggles or from the perspective of someone talking to her.

Is the evidence Joe having depression just from Taylors music? I have always assumed he spoke about it somewhere, if he hasn't that brings into question him being the source of certain songs. She has after all spoke about her own mental health maybe she was singing about herself?
I think this is half the problem. People assuming that they definitely know which songs are about which people/situation and therefore using that to form their opinion of a person/situation. I often think when I read some comments that we really don't know, won't know, until that ever comes out of Taylor's mouth. And even then she could be lying, because she owes nobody the truth except the people involved.

She needs therapy, but to be honest I don't buy that she's never had any. Again, she doesn't owe anyone the truth on whether she has or she hasn't. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Whether she cheated or not she definitely had Matty lined up, which whilst not polite/decent behaviour is very very very common.

I can't vilify her for that, or even the cheating if that happened (we know they were on and off for a good while), because of who she is and the way certain people talk about her. Even when she was with Joe there would be comments constantly about how she couldn't keep a man. It's a horrible way to be measured too. If you've managed to get a man to marry you then that's some sort of achievement. I know so many people who have struggled with relationships breaking down and they don't have the added pain of the whole world talking about it. Her behaviour wasn't normal but then nothing about her is.

I think that's why the Matty thing stung her so hard. The humiliation of it all. I'm still on the fence about that Sabrina lyric, lol.

The mental health references is another argument. I love renegade. I think it's a very honest song but I get how it offends some of you. There's such a stigma around MH though, maybe it's good to talk/sing about it.
You raise valid points, for sure, especially in how abnormal her life is.

However, I don't think it's up to her to air out other person's mental problems so blatantly and to such a wide audience.

Reactions: 6
No, there was a source saying there’d been rough patches etc and fans latched onto that and created their own narrative!
Most of the narrative seems to be made up by fans at this point.
And a lot of it seems to be to paint Taylor in a better light

Reactions: 7
I don't read it as Taylor cheated. He said "loving and fully committed". I think he's saying noone really knows what happened and they never will, except the two of them. I can't imagine how hard it is to watch the general public dissect your life in that way.
I think he said fully committed to try get people of his back to be fair because he probably barely saw the “she cheated on him” media frenzy, he saw the unhinge weirdos commenting on his and his costars posts that he was the one that cheated.

Reactions: 9

I didn't even mentioned this specific song was about Joe, and I don't think it is. My problem is with the message conveyed.

So Long London, though...

Reactions: 1
The imbalance between Taylor and Joe and their experience in PR has always been a point of discussion when it comes to these issues. They all have PR teams but not all PR teams are going to be as experienced with dealing with things

Doesn’t he only have a Grammy because of Taylor giving him writing credits lol?
The producer credits are what was added later and added in under his own name which some think was to secure him the Grammy. The WB credits for the piano and lyrics were oddly never changed to his name.
Taylor can't help the difference between their PR and fame levels, it's always been that way between them and he chose to move forward with the relationship and stay in it.

Reactions: 2
I better get some unhinged songs tonight.
I’m sure Taylor is losing her mind at Matty and Joes behaviour this week.
Maybe also annoyed at travis for implying her best cooking is “pop tarts”

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Taylor can't help the difference between their PR and fame levels, it's always been that way between them and he chose to move forward with the relationship and stay in it.
This is where mutual respect comes in and you decide not to sing songs that imply someone has cheated when there’s cheating rumours are going around, or ask your friends to unfollow him after a dinner together that happened to be photographed knowing full well the public message that sends

Not to mention that she doesn’t have to make direct statements. She can have her team release a million soft articles saying “oh Taylor is so sad but she still respects him” and whatever to try and chill the random rumours out

Reactions: 5
Its why I want to distance myself at times from the 'swiftie' label. The inability to see that actually yes hi she might be the problem, its her.

By saying this I am not saying she is an awful person and its all her fault. She has clearly been ridden hard by Scott (mostly) from a very young age. She admits herself she is a people pleaser and that probably stems from her younger years. This will have had a long term psychological impact.

However we only hear her narrative and her side of every single story and it doesnt take a critical thinker to recognise that every story has to have some nuance.

Was she the victim when it comes to a man like John Mayer. Id say absolutely. He was a much older man and she was young and probably quite naive.

Was she the victim with Joe? Im not sure. Ive said it so many times and this will be my only message today on it. Sometimes grown up adult relationships just dont work out. Noone is at fault. It just doesnt work. People are too different. People grow apart. Relationships change. Also the line about being better safe than starry eyed is a crushing one. Its so scathing and hurtful and honestly quite unbelievable. Imagine being in a relationship with someone for 6 years and either knowing the whole time you were second best or finding out after the fact that your significant other of many years was pining after someone else.

These songs may well be a 'work of fiction' but it sure doesnt seem that way.

I like her music and I like her even if she is flawed, we are all flawed but the way some will blindly defend her no matter what leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She’s probably lining up Travis to come to her shows quickly so that they can act like the happiest couple ever 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also if non-album songs are up for grabs, then I would love renegade too. I’d never be that lucky though lol

Its why I want to distance myself at times from the 'swiftie' label. The inability to see that actually yes hi she might be the problem, its her.

By saying this I am not saying she is an awful person and its all her fault. She has clearly been ridden hard by Scott (mostly) from a very young age. She admits herself she is a people pleaser and that probably stems from her younger years. This will have had a long term psychological impact.

However we only hear her narrative and her side of every single story and it doesnt take a critical thinker to recognise that every story has to have some nuance.

Was she the victim when it comes to a man like John Mayer. Id say absolutely. He was a much older man and she was young and probably quite naive.

Was she the victim with Joe? Im not sure. Ive said it so many times and this will be my only message today on it. Sometimes grown up adult relationships just dont work out. Noone is at fault. It just doesnt work. People are too different. People grow apart. Relationships change. Also the line about being better safe than starry eyed is a crushing one. Its so scathing and hurtful and honestly quite unbelievable. Imagine being in a relationship with someone for 6 years and either knowing the whole time you were second best or finding out after the fact that your significant other of many years was pining after someone else.

These songs may well be a 'work of fiction' but it sure doesnt seem that way.

I like her music and I like her even if she is flawed, we are all flawed but the way some will blindly defend her no matter leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
Oh this narrative she’s painted about her and Matty being star crossed lovers with a 10 year situationship is very much the worst aspect of it all.
I’d be devastated if I found out I was just a “second best option” for nearly 7 years.
It’s really messed up for her to do

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.