Taylor Swift #44 You should see your faces!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
chloe or sam etc is definitely about matty and their relationship since 2014 - which makes me think the 'and you saw my bones out with somebody new, who seemed like he would've bullied you in school' line could be about calvin? and maybe referencing her 1989 era ed / appearance too

Reactions: 4
Anyone else suddenly looking at Post Malone like 👀 after the Fortnight video? Is this the pull of TTPD that you become attracted to scruffy men who are always in their feelings?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m just listening to the Lover Live from Paris as I need a break from TTPD and my Lover heart hurts 😥😥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If you wanna feel sad go re listen to Dear Reader with perspective she and Joe were already over and she had an alcohol problem/was having these MH issues.

Reactions: 1
Yeah that’s what I mean! It’s such a weird feeling because she does feed into it. But then again, lots of artists do it but don’t get the same heat. I’m thinking lemonade by Beyonce, and then her cover of Jolene is still “bringing it up” but no one says she’s rehashing stuff? I enjoy pop culture but don’t put much stock into it as I don’t really care about celebs personal life as such, idk it’s just weird in some sense.
Taylor has definitely fed into the speculation and gossip for years, but I do get the feeling that's she trying to find a way to make her art without inviting that level of speculation into her life anymore. I thought this with folklore and evermore blurring the lines between fiction and reality, Midnights allegedly being about the past and not just the present, the social media posts about TTPD making it clear this chapter of her life is over and she doesn't need vengeance. I get the impression Taylor wants to find a balance where she can write about her life but not feed into the gossip in the same way any more.

I can't blame her. She definitely helped create this level of speculation, but it must be bloody exhausting to live with it.

Reactions: 7
But why did this make me cry?

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
View attachment 2888575
oooft, controversial maybe but on the surface I do agree with this! That all her stans want is more gossip and “tea” as opposed to what she’s actually saying. However, I don’t think she helps herself either by making clear links to people either. I’m back and forth, because people did it even for her more “fictional” albums - I did it too admittedly and I stand by “tolerate it” at least being inspired by something she felt while with Joe (I didn’t know it was supposed to be a fictional album when I first heard it!) I don’t think she can win whatever she does, so maybe now she’s like “duck it, here’s the gossip” as the “I’m having his baby, no I’m not” to me reads like when there were rumours about her getting married in secret etc. idk, what’s everyone’s thoughts?
Personally and I think for most people, I don’t think about who these songs are about, besides after the initial gossiping that happens since she’s had public relationships & has diaristic storytelling. They all just relate to my own life experiences. Which is great cause it means you can breezily listen to the 1 still and feel depressed (😊💁‍♀️🫶) about your own “one that got away” 🫠
---
I guess I’m saying that besides joking around, I can’t understand fans who say Lover has been ruined for them after the Joe breakup

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone else suddenly looking at Post Malone like 👀 after the Fortnight video? Is this the pull of TTPD that you become attracted to scruffy men who are always in their feelings?
Post is handsome! I wish he's groom his beard but he's a good looking guy.

I might regret saying this but I'm listening to Debut in my garden and having a much better time than I was listening to TTPD. 👽
---
Hmmm on the back of my thoughts of the Manuscript being about her saying all of her previous stories aren’t hers anymore and all that is over now….

The forget him pills in the fortnight video have the dates 13.12.1989-19.04.2024. So she wants to forget everything (very eternal sunshine of the spotless mind coded) up to the release of TTPD.

Again reading into it too much but I wanted to know what the numbers were and those were my thoughts when I found out.
I don't think you're reading too much into it. More chapter closing symbols. It's very interesting.

I wish there were more Manuscript/Anti Hero styles songs about reconciling her fame and lack of personhood, being a brand more than a human. It's fascinating.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I received my Bolter and Black Dog CD’s 🥳. They are so lovely and I love the way they have put all bits together. My only question, where is the Prologue?!! Unless I am being stupid it is not in the lyric booklet and I’m gutted 😞

Reactions: 2
I received my Bolter and Black Dog CD’s 🥳. They are so lovely and I love the way they have put all bits together. My only question, where is the Prologue?!! Unless I am being stupid it is not in the lyric booklet and I’m gutted 😞
it’s actually epilogue! At the end! Makes so much sense too “and so I enter into evidence…”

Reactions: 4
Ok the “you wouldn’t last an hour in the asylum that they raised me” goes to FLORIDA!!! In my head. Thus would be a killer of surprise songs (Cardiff please)

Reactions: 3
Slightly OT but for my friends birthday this year I’m buying her a gift that relates to a lyric from each album. I was done a few days before TTPD was announced and now I have no idea what to get for that album, anyone got any ideas?🙈 I’ve already got a candle, notebook, alcohol etc

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m trying to like Fresh out the Slammer but the beat change at the end throws me!! Still not a skip but probs my least favourite on this album.
I don’t see Florida!!! getting much love but I honestly adore it it’s such a bop for me. Someone on tik tok said the beats match the Florida State University team march (I’m not sure the right term I’m British and my school sporting experience doesn’t extend much past being on my schools rounders team 🤣)

Reactions: 5
Slightly OT but for my friends birthday this year I’m buying her a gift that relates to a lyric from each album. I was done a few days before TTPD was announced and now I have no idea what to get for that album, anyone got any ideas?🙈 I’ve already got a candle, notebook, alcohol etc
Inappropriate suggestions:

drugs
Novelty handcuffs
Period pants (like the cover)
Lab coat

real suggestions:
Collection of poems
Nice writing stuff (fancy pen?)
Something related to a famous poet like bookmarks with poems on?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.