Taylor Swift #44 You should see your faces!

Which is your favourite half of the double album: TTPD or The Anthology?

• Tortured Poets

Votes: 175 69.2%
  • The Anthology

Votes: 78 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Huh - on Spotify yesterday I’m sure the lyrics were up alongside the songs but this morning they’re not? 🙃🙃 it’s possible I dreamed it..

Reactions: 4
Shocked by the poll results at the moment. I expected the folklore and evermore girlies to be all over this - does it fall short for you too?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@IdeletedbutI'mbackagain I think that's a really interesting point. I think she probably built up this "man I've been secretly pining for is going to give me everything my long term relationship won't" narrative in her head and blamed the fan reaction for when the situationship turned out to be horrible and not what was promised.

I won't deny that Taylor Swift The Brand had a huge impact on all of her relationships, but they're only part of the story.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I thought on first listen that the Anthology would be my fave but it's the songs on TTPD that have me in a choke hold. I do love it all though

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Shocked by the poll results at the moment. I expected the folklore and evermore girlies to be all over this - does it fall short for you too?
I love folklore but theres only a handful of songs I like on evermore. The second half is v evermore to me and I think there’s an overload of Aaron. Also a lot of them sound way too similar to folkevermore (Cassandra/mad woman for eg). It’s just a bit too much for me

Reactions: 6
Anyone else feel sad listening to it imagining how tit it would feel to be in a relationship with someone who was always pining after someone else. I’m in the happiest relationship I’ve ever known so maybe that’s why it’s making me even sadder 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 18
@IdeletedbutI'mbackagain I think that's a really interesting point. I think she probably built up this "man I've been secretly pining for is going to give me everything my long term relationship won't" narrative in her head and blamed the fan reaction for when the situationship turned out to be horrible and not what was promised.

I won't deny that Taylor Swift The Brand had a huge impact on all of her relationships, but they're only part of the story.
I know it's said a lot, but she really would benefit from therapy. And sincerely that's not a dig, I think everyone would benefit from it, I have had a lot myself and it was life changing so I am a massive advocate for it!!

I just do feel like she's kinda a bit lost at the moment and probably cannot read where things are going wrong in her life or why.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve still only listened to bits and bobs from the second album, it’s just too much for me to take in at the moment. 100% prefer the first based on what I’ve heard so far

Reactions: 9

I think she thinks that he ghosted her because of the added scrutiny that was caused by her fans trying to find everything he has ever done or said wrong (feel like the way I worded doesn’t reflect how bad some of the stuff he said and has done is)

Honestly would have been interesting to see how far they’d end up going if that hadn’t happened

Reactions: 8
I think I will come to absolutely love the Anthology but it’s too much to take in at the minute. I feel the second half will have a few really loved songs on it but also more skips than the first. But honestly who knows, my feelings on nearly all of her albums and songs have changed over the years and I now love stuff I didn’t like initially and vice versa 🙃

Reactions: 15
I’ve been listening to it as a whole but I do prefer the songs on the 1st half atm, I genuinely think there are 0 skips. I know a lot of people aren’t sure on the alchemy but I really like it.

It usually takes me a while to grow into the slower songs once I fully grasp the lyrics, so the back end of the the second half is taking me a while but honestly the whole thing is incredible. Even once I’ve fully absorbed the whole thing I think there will be very little skips for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It does for me and I can't quite put my finger on why I'm underwhelmed with it. There are some good songs on it that I think may become faves, but idk overall I'm just a bit like oh ok. I think I've just heard so many songs about how her life is hard and people are mean to her 😂 I feel sad for her and think she's been honest and vulnerable but I've just not fully connected with it yet. I would love to see an album from her on deeper topics outside of herself - she doesn't owe it to me or anyone obviously, and she is known for writing about herself, just my thoughts on what would be a nice change from her. And working with new people.

I will say though that I am finding it hard how many songs there are - I feel so slow that I can't listen to them and analyse them all as quickly as you all 😂 so there is a chance I could connect with them eventually.

I also HATE that she encouraged buying the variants to have all the songs to then release a whole other load of songs. So happy I didn't preorder as I was fuming when she did that for midnights and I had preordered.

Reactions: 19
I'm really enjoying the first half and want to take that all in before I tackle the second half. The second half is also even more emotionally draining than the first half and I'm the type of emotionally constipated person that can only feel so many feelings in one day before I get completely overwhelmed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve given trying to catch up with all the threads!😭 I sat down on Friday night and did a lot of reading, wrote out my post….and then the page reloaded and deleted it. Just didn’t have it in me to rewrite it all! And then got lost again in yesterdays posts.

I am enjoying the album, it’s a grower. It’s a bit of an overload for my little brain though. 31 songs is A LOT!! It’s probably going to take a while for me to fully absorb it all. At the moment my brain is focusing in on so many different parts that I’m swinging from singing so many different songs in my head it’s all jumbled up.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Meant to be doing a 70 minutes couch to eras tour run in a min but I don’t want to listen to the set list I only want to listen to TTPD

Running to the bridge in smallest man that ever lived feels like it will be such a life feels like a movie moment

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.