Taylor Swift #44 You should see your faces!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay, I am finding this album tough, I really am, I don't think I will continue to listen to it as it currently is. I put * beside the ones that I'm going to put on a seperate playlist to listen to.

*Fortnight - is really growing on me!! Really reminds me of the Drive soundtrack from 2011, would totally fit on that!! Plus, I love Malone on it.

TTPD - I hate this song. It's official. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!

*My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys - I enjoy this a lot!! She is playing at be Lana again though.

*Down bad - really could have been so good and the aliens thing is another layer to this weird album 🤣

So Long London - I really hate the intro and then when you move on from that she just sounds like a Lana clone. But that eventually disappears and she sounds more like herself and it turns into an okay song, just feels unfinished to me.

*But Daddy I Love him - I just find it so funny and unhinged 🤣🤣 I don't agree with her at all but this song has a place on my playlist!!

*Fresh Out The Slammer - I really like this!! I can see this growing on me even more!

Florida - I just don't get it. Taylor and Florence voices do not gel in any way. It's a flop for me.

Guilty as Sin - I do not like this song.

Whose afraid of Little Old Me - I find it hard to listen too. Her ego is painful in it. Her paranoia freaks me out and the self pitying makes me wanna roll my eyes. It's a skip for me.

*I Can Fix Him - my favourite song!!

*Loml - just sweetly sad. 🩷

*I Can Do It With A Broken Heart - I love this!!! I love the energy, this is my favourite 🩷🩷 even though the lyrics are dire at times it's so upbeat I don't care really but honestly "he said he'd love me for all time but that time was quite short" is such a clanger of a line 🤣

The smallest Man who ever lived - I can't get past how panaroid and unhinged she sounds on this for me. It's a skip for me.

The Black Dog - I don't like it, maybe I'm too tired by the time I get to it. This album is exhausting.

So High School - No. Don't like it. Yuck, GTA and American Pie references don't land for me.

*The Bolter - really enjoy this

I'm Gonna Get You Back - don't feel anyway about it really, very forgettable.

Thank You Aimee - Taylor just get over it. Honestly, build a bridge, it's old, so bleeping old.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I was mentioning Taylor to my parents today (a bad idea I mean why did I even try) and I said how there was a double album etc and in an attempt to get their interest I said how Stevie Nicks had written a thing for one of her CDs.

My mum: “Stevie Nicks… who’s he”

🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I was mentioning Taylor to my parents today (a bad idea I mean why did I even try) and I said how there was a double album etc and in an attempt to get their interest I said how Stevie Nicks had written a thing for one of her CDs.

My mum: “Stevie Nicks… who’s he”

🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️
this thread is now your parents. Emancipate yourself from them
---
(I don’t know if you can emancipate yourself? Or if that’s when you get disowned? You know what I mean. I’m tired.)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've listened enough now to know this album is one of my favourites even if it does discombobulate me that all my favourite songs are clearly Matt Healy songs. That makes a lot of sense it was obviously (bafflingly) a very significant relationship for her, arousing many emotions that she feed into lyrics. Those songs all together make a cohesive story, and storytelling is what Taylor does best.

Reactions: 6
I am liking the early 2000s teen movie soundtrack vibe of So High School. The opening gives me nostalgia, it’s definitely a grower for me.
It came on shuffle this morning and got the exact same vibe. Could have seen it being the opening song for a film.

Reactions: 3
There's a post on the Bridgerton account from the Australian world tour stop which has a sample of the instrumental Snow on the Beach on the last slide ♥

Reactions: 2
My least favourite is definitely My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys. I just don’t like the sounds of the chorus and I don’t know why - it reminds me of another song and I’m not sure sure what. Maybe it will grow on me but it hasn’t yet.

Reactions: 3
I’m seeing a lot of videos on tik tok of people with a lot of negative things to say about this album. Of course I expect not everyone will like it and that’s absolutely fine but do ya know what enrages me a lot.

‘it’s just not a good album, it’s terrible, the lyrics are one dimensional’ in an argumentative tone.

.. I think what you mean is ‘I don’t personally think it’s a good album, I think it’s terrible and I find the lyrics one dimensional.’

people who state their opinions as fact (mostly men, pls make them stop) will never not rile me. Like sorry didn’t realise you were the authority on this and therefore the fact other people like it is wrong…

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yep just had my 3rd listen & it’s not a grower, it’s poor by her standards.

She needs to go away for a bit after the tour, & come back reinvented, maybe put out a prog rock concept album or something, something totally different, maybe with lyrics about something other than her love life.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m seeing a lot of videos on tik tok of people with a lot of negative things to say about this album. Of course I expect not everyone will like it and that’s absolutely fine but do ya know what enrages me a lot.

‘it’s just not a good album, it’s terrible, the lyrics are one dimensional’ in an argumentative tone.

.. I think what you mean is ‘I don’t personally think it’s a good album, I think it’s terrible and I find the lyrics one dimensional.’

people who state their opinions as fact (mostly men, pls make them stop) will never not rile me. Like sorry didn’t realise you were the authority on this and therefore the fact other people like it is wrong…
I had this whole discussion yesterday with my partners best friend. “It’s happy and then depressed. It’s all over the place” BECAUSE SHE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE. Why are Straight Men ™️ so baffled that people can have more than one emotion? It’s wild.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I had this whole discussion yesterday with my partners best friend. “It’s happy and then depressed. It’s all over the place” BECAUSE SHE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE. Why are Straight Men ™️ so baffled that people can have more than one emotion? It’s wild.
1713706973694.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I was trying to have a chilled afternoon with a cup of tea so I put the album on in the background but the minute that beats hits in ICDIWABH I have to dance! Now I’ve played it twice and my tea is cold 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have to say I love how
I was trying to have a chilled afternoon with a cup of tea so I put the album on in the background but the minute that beats hits in ICDIWABH I have to dance! Now I’ve played it twice and my tea is cold 😩
It’s such a mindfuck of a song because on one hand it makes me want to not go to eras tour but on the other it makes me want to 🤸🤸🤸🤸🤸💃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It still knocks me sick that the "dodged a bullet or lost the love of my life" performance that made her emotional was because she was thinking of MATTHEW.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Hmmm on the back of my thoughts of the Manuscript being about her saying all of her previous stories aren’t hers anymore and all that is over now….

The forget him pills in the fortnight video have the dates 13.12.1989-19.04.2024. So she wants to forget everything (very eternal sunshine of the spotless mind coded) up to the release of TTPD.

Again reading into it too much but I wanted to know what the numbers were and those were my thoughts when I found out.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.