Taylor Swift #44 You should see your faces!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm as unhinged as she is because although I really like her with Travis I think he's healthy for her there's a part of me that is all for her and matty as toxic as he is 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know I’ve missed a lot of pages but have we discussed the in ear monitor sounds during ICDIWABH!?
They're beautiful aren't they? It's part of why I love that song so much. I'm a production over lyrics person and listening to that song on headphones makes me ascend. Good ear feel IYSWIM.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if the lack of Joe is out of respect - recognising he didn't do anything to warrant being viciously dragged for. Like how she said she writes bad men the best (not sure exactly how she worded it), and he isn't so was mostly absent. Though if so, still kinda mean she let her fans get carried away with the idea it would be about him/him cheating. So not as if he got away unscathed.

Or could be out of spite - e.g. you're not important enough to mention.

Or she's still dealing with her feelings. Or she saw midnights as the album to process her feelings on him. I have no idea!
I think we've had the Joe songs in dribs and drabs in other albums, and we just didn't know. Obv there's YLM which we did know, but others like Tolerate It, Bejeweled etc.

Reactions: 5
Seven bars of chocolate she likes like a mini hamper? ☺

or since it’s a Matty inspired album some hard drugs
Another inappropriate one…negative pregnancy test 😬

7 bars of chocolate 🫠
Thanks for the suggestions😂😂 I’m think chocolate might have to be the way forward, I’m gone through all the lyrics so many times and that’s the only thing I can really find to give 🙈

Reactions: 2
Has anyone checked on the gaylors? Surely they must be tying themselves in knots?!
---
I really want to believe her about the "chapter closing" stuff and I mostly do. But I have a niggling doubt 🥴
Urgh I really hope she isn’t that stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Has anyone checked on the gaylors? Surely they must be tying themselves in knots?!
---

Urgh I really hope she isn’t that stupid.
omg I saw a possible gaylor in the wild suggesting that the scouts honour is a way of fingering (three middle fingers up the canoe).
More than anything else it made me feel old 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Slightly OT but for my friends birthday this year I’m buying her a gift that relates to a lyric from each album. I was done a few days before TTPD was announced and now I have no idea what to get for that album, anyone got any ideas?🙈 I’ve already got a candle, notebook, alcohol etc
A Matt Healy tour T-shirt...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Slightly OT but for my friends birthday this year I’m buying her a gift that relates to a lyric from each album. I was done a few days before TTPD was announced and now I have no idea what to get for that album, anyone got any ideas?🙈 I’ve already got a candle, notebook, alcohol etc
I mean. Seven bars of chocolate.

Reactions: 4
My husband looooves the starting line, and has previously (years ago) toured with the 1975 before they were the 1975, so in my head, he introduced Matty to the starting line and now it's in a Taylor song 🤣🤣

I also realised I'm 3 degrees of separation away from her so we're essentially besties

It's been an emotional weekend with suprise Bluey as well, let me have it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I laughing at the Variety article breaking down all the songs and who they are about.
They skirt around the wank song saying it's about a romance that never got consummated, but ignore Taylor gripping the sheets calling his name consummating it all by herself. :ROFLMAO:

And then the wonder about The black Dog, I can only assume it's an American writer, saying their is one in Marthas Vineyard or maybe it's the heavy metal bar in Paris. And there was me just assuming it was 1 of the many hundreds Black Dog pubs on these shores.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Charlie Puth CD

• Haha
I do wonder if Matty will always be Taylors one who got away and that she's kinda settling with Travis

I'm as unhinged as she is because although I really like her with Travis I think he's healthy for her there's a part of me that is all for her and matty as toxic as he is 🙈
I can understand that, the way she writes about Matt is passionate and intense there seems to be a genuine depth of emotion when she's writing about him that is occasionally missing from some of her love songs.
Especially if Matt was run off by her crazy intense fans, she made it clear as day in Daddy I love him, for him she's willing to risk their wrath because it's him she has wanted. And wanted on some level for a decade.

Sure Matt is problematic but frankly I don't find Travis any less controversial, he just has a more acceptable packaging for American audiences.

For now I think Travis is what she needs but I'm not convinced she's over Matt. And I'm not convinced Travis will be happy to follow her around for the rest of his life, at some point he has to carve out a post retirement career/life for himself.

For those that follow 1975/Matt what is his reaction to this likely to be?

Reactions: 12
Todays observations:

The Alchemy is really starting to grow on me 👀 I like it as a song but lyrically it’s the one I believe “least” if you get me, I feel like she felt she had to put it in

I really quite admire the fact she got the word “greige” in the album

I wonder what her parents reaction to the wanking song was 🤔

Sorry to keep harping on about it but the content in this album is what's shocking to me and the music is falling short (as of right now), which is exactly the opposite of what I thought would happen. I really never foresaw Matty being such a huge part of her "lore" if that's not insensitive to say about a real person that I don't know.

It's going to re-contextualise the majority of her discography for me. I'm glad I had one last listen to the whole thing before Friday 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.