Taylor Swift #44 You should see your faces!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've gone from Ok how many are going to be Matty songs, oh most of them at least it's only 1 (double) album to then coming on here and every hour another potential matty song is found on another album. o_O

It's starting to look like instead of texting like normal folk those two have been volleying songs back and forth since 2014!
I think alone is enough explanation for why Joe didn’t wanna marry her to be honest.
She probably just wanted to plan a wedding so Matty could have a speak now moment

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The more I listen and read I honestly don’t think she’ll ever tour any of this album

I can think of maybe four/five songs but the rest I don’t think we’ll ever hear live

Reactions: 16
I've been doing my own nails for a year and I still kind of suck but what do you think? ☺ I think I did a pretty good job at selecting the colours if I do say so myself!
Sorry about my cuticles I just couldn't be arsed x
1000002185.jpg

1000002186.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The more I listen and read I honestly don’t think she’ll ever tour any of this album

I can think of maybe four/five songs but the rest I don’t think we’ll ever hear live
could understand that but if she never performs I Can Do It With A Broken Heart or But Daddy I Love Him live I think I will sue her

also can her next album just be one word titles please 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 13
would you mind sharing you thoughts about Hoax? I’m new-ish to these Taylor threads
When she spoke about it on the long pond studio sessions, it further solidified it for me because she was so vague. I suspect the lyrics were tweaked to make it less obvious but for me it (literally) screams miscarriage, which is then backed up by the existence of bigger than the whole sky. Some other posters believe BTTWS is about her friend's miscarriage though.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When she spoke about it on the long pond studio sessions, it further solidified it for me because she was so vague. I suspect the lyrics were tweaked to make it less obvious but for me it (literally) screams miscarriage, which is then backed up by the existence of bigger than the whole sky. Some other posters believe BTTWS is about her friend's miscarriage though.
Yes, I hear this too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Gf just messaged me and said she got the me black dog vinyl and it’s just arrived 🥹🥹🥹 think she’s a keeper

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I am liking the early 2000s teen movie soundtrack vibe of So High School. The opening gives me nostalgia, it’s definitely a grower for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I agree with all of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I just don't understand
How you don't miss me in the shower
And remember how my rain-soaked body
Was shakin', do you hate me?
Was it hazing? For a cruel fraternity
I pledged and I still mean it
Old habits die screaming

• Sad
I am liking the early 2000s teen movie soundtrack vibe of So High School. The opening gives me nostalgia, it’s definitely a grower for me.
I will persevere with it 😭 - not to be a creep but I have noticed we seem to have very similar thoughts and tastes on songs (don’t you also like London Boy 😅😅) but I can’t get this one yet. I will keep going!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
So, I posted my original review of the album a few threads back, and said that I didn't like it as much as I hoped I would. I've since had time to listen to the album again, and again, I'm saddened to say that my review is largely the same. Perhaps I just need a break from the constant Taylor spam literally everywhere I go and her dropping new albums on a seemingly monthly basis, but some of this album remains quite the slog to get through, and not just because of its length.

I still think the album should've begun with So Long, London, and the first four tracks be left on the cutting room floor as the Midnights rejects they are. Off the standard, Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? remains a career highlight, as does loml. But Daddy, I Love Him still jumps out at me as a highlight, and Guilty as Sin? has crept up there too. Florence's feature in Florida is absolutely godly. Off the anthology, the only ones I really care about are The Manuscript, The Black Dog and How Did It End?. I originally said that I preferred the anthology to the standard, but I've now changed my mind and it's the opposite. I still think the standard is what Midnights should've been originally, and the anthology what the standard TTPD should've been, by my own logic (as "Manuscript" is the perfect closer). Lyrically, most of the album sees her in fine form, although there are some "spelling is fun!"'s in there, rare though they are.

I remain firm in my belief that Jack Antonoff really does need to go. His production is stale, and he just strikes me as a yes man who blindly agrees to do whatever Taylor asks him to without any pushback whatsoever and worships any and everything she does. I feel he's become the equivalent of some (or most) Twitter Swifties. Why at this point in her career she's willing to be arguably stagnant creatively and not branch out and work with different producers/sounds when she is one of the very few artists in the entire history of the industry whose projects are guaranteed to be successful before they even exist is utterly beyond me. We know she's chart/success-driven, but is commercial success really that important to her now over the expanse of her artistry? Like, when is enough enough in that department?

I think I'll be revisiting maybe eight songs from this album in future listens. It remains a very mid album for me, somewhere in the middle of her discography, maybe top-lower-half of it if we're including the OG versions of her re-records too. Maybe I'll think differently in the future, but for now at least, these are my thoughts that not a single one of you asked for.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I will persevere with it 😭 - not to be a creep but I have noticed we seem to have very similar thoughts and tastes on songs (don’t you also like London Boy 😅😅) but I can’t get this one yet. I will keep going!!
We do and yes I love London Boy, I appreciate a fun little song that doesn’t take itself seriously!

I might be a little older than you though (31) and therefore it could be pure nostalgia making me like SHS, it just imagine it playing during the credits of the movies I used to watch at about 13 and it kind of gives me the feels.

Reactions: 2
At this early stage, this is a mid tier album for me too.

There's no way of telling this but I do think folk/more was her peak.

I've had negative-ish thoughts about Antonoff's production/involvement before but I like his tracks the most on this album 🤷 Broken Heart, Down Bad and My Boy are the most listenable tracks for me.

Last edited:
We do and yes I love London Boy, I appreciate a fun little song that doesn’t take itself seriously!

I might be a little older than you though (31) and therefore it could be pure nostalgia making me like SHS, it just imagine it playing during the credits of the movies I used to watch at about 13 and it kind of gives me the feels.
Bless you my sweet summer child 😇 I am older but actually that makes sense as our teen movie references will be different. (Im 38 and completely fine about that even though keep thinking I’m 30 but again that’s totally fine honestly 😅😅😅😅)
---
It is kinda interesting - songs like The Great War, The Archer etc all speak of Taylor’s insecurities with (I ASSUME) Joe, and other songs even on Rep thinking about other women being after him etc….. yet all along you were wanting Matty lmao what the heck?!

Reactions: 8
I’m doing the weekly shop and I didn’t realise I was planning a life with Elon Musk. €6.59 for a box of honey Cheerios.

I’m definitely the Joe in my relationship 😂. After this album his real character shines through and I’ve never related to him more. Depressed povos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

I just don't understand
How you don't miss me in the shower
And remember how my rain-soaked body
Was shakin', do you hate me?
Was it hazing? For a cruel fraternity
I pledged and I still mean it
Old habits die screaming
She was on your mind
With some meathead guy
That you saw that night
The Alchemy always had some weird lyrics that didn't seem to be about Travis for me as they hadn't been linked to each other before:
This happens once every few lifetimes
These chemicals hit me like white wine
Weird because her songs about him are uninspiring af, and while she definitely thinks everyone is "the one", I don't think anyone is beating Matty

What if I told you I'm back?
The hospital was a drag
Worst sleep that I ever had
I circled you on a map
I haven't come around in so long

But I'm coming back so strong
The official narrative is that Travis chased her, this is giving Taylor chasing him
She has some clunky lines in the album but the "you" being a State doesn't really make much sense for me if we account for the next lines being about her plane touching down

'Cause the sign on your heart
Said it's still reserved for me
Again, they haven't really been linked to each other before and to me this reads like an ex-boyfriend who would still get back with you
---
I've had negative-ish thoughts about Antonoff's production/involvement before but I like his tracks the most on this album 🤷 Broken Heart, Down Bad and My Boy are the most listenable tracks for me.
She does just need to work with an editor and some other producers imo

I think this album has a fair bit of potential and the different interpretations you can get from them (and her other work as a result) is honestly sort of entertaining. It's just a shame that a lot of the songs themselves aren't really hitting the mark

Reactions: 5
"Does it feel just like everything's second best after that meteor strike?" is a wild thing to say in a commited relationship but it's a real yikes moment now.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Honestly I agree with needing a break from the const Taylor spam.

She was on tour /at football games getting shown often
Then she dropped this new album
Then she’s does back on tour until mid August with a September break when im assuming she’ll have either dropped or announced another re record
Then she’s on tour until the first week of December at which point I’m assuming there’s doing to be another announcement

you also can’t really escape her because even when I’m purposely trying to find any other content to consume she just pops up in on way or another

"Does it feel just like everything's second best after that meteor strike?" is a wild thing to say in a commited relationship but it's a real yikes moment now.
Honestly, if anything, I think she wasted Joes time

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.