Taylor Swift #44 You should see your faces!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the worst thing Joe probably did was string her along with regards to their future. I doubt there's any serious hard feelings there, hence only two tracks (I think) which are not nearly as scathing as the others. It's just one of those relationships that gradually falls apart with no huge drama.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I now am of the opinion that this is an entirely Matty album with the exception of So Long London (main album anyway).

But SLL is track 5 so I think she’s making a point that Joe was a great hurtful loss, just not one she has a ton to say about.

BTW did my run But Daddy I Love Him is literally the best running song ever. Pls go run to it.
Yes thank you, I tried to post about Joe getting the track 5 last night but I couldn’t word it.

Reactions: 1
I think the worst thing Joe probably did was string her along with regards to their future. I doubt there's any serious hard feelings there, hence only two tracks (I think) which are not nearly as scathing as the others. It's just one of those relationships that gradually falls apart with no huge drama.
Did he string her along though? Or did he know that proposing to her wasn’t going to fix things or change the fact that she had feelings for another man?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think they just grew apart. I don’t believe folklore and evermore were fictional albums anymore and it was the beginning of the end, with midnights being the break up album. I think she simply doesn’t have anything bad to say about him. He was what she needed during her darkness of 2016 which is evident in Rep however it really does sound like his only fault is not wanting to get married and struggling with his mental health. It is crazy that she keeps bringing up his depression but at the same time is willing to take on Matty and insists she could fix him - I think she may have a saviour complex and gave up with Joe when it felt like it wasn’t working and he didn’t want to commit

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hoax is now for sure about Joe and her being on the rocks whereas before I questioned it a bit.
I've spoken before on what I think hoax is about but not everyone is comfortable with that or agrees with me. My views haven't changed (it struck me immediately with it), especially now as we appreciate more that sometimes when she says her songs aren't autobiographical that's just not true.

I realised yesterday that the dress from the video was very similar to the horrible Grammy dress, making it somewhat more understandable, but what I didn't realise yesterday is that it's supposed to be a wedding dress. She has a garter on.

Reactions: 4
I think they just grew apart. I don’t believe folklore and evermore were fictional albums anymore and it was the beginning of the end, with midnights being the break up album. I think she simply doesn’t have anything bad to say about him. He was what she needed during her darkness of 2016 which is evident in Rep however it really does sound like his only fault is not wanting to get married and struggling with his mental health. It is crazy that she keeps bringing up his depression but at the same time is willing to take on Matty and insists she could fix him - I think she may have a saviour complex and gave up with Joe when it felt like it wasn’t working and he didn’t want to commit
She also seems to struggle with her mental health but almost sees it as a flaw in Joe.

Reactions: 14
She also seems to struggle with her mental health but almost sees it as a flaw in Joe.
I’d imagine being the partner of someone who struggles with their mental health is extremely difficult. It’s honestly the biggest worry in my relationship that he’ll get tired of “the gods of your bluest days” and find someone generally happier and whose brain isn’t hateful. She has the right to express that - but it almost pot calling the kettle black in her case.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The amount off Matty Healy thirst trap edits to Guilty as Sin I’m seeing…

Like i swear all these same people were calling him grimy less than a year ago

• Sick
Reactions: 6

it’s the open letter gang realising they were massively wrong and backtracking like it’s not their fault 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

It’s especially icky to me since the 1975 just had a controversy this year where they were giving special treatment (backstage access, free entry) to some men who were preying on women and underage girls at shows which they were aware of. Literally what redeeming qualities does this man have. Swifties will switch on a dime if Taylor shows a different narrative I swear

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
You swore that you loved me, but where were the clues?
I died on the altar waitin' for the proof
I know you can read the first line as her not feeling like she was loved because he was too busy being depressed and not focusing on her(which is slightly icky really), but I find it slightly toxic that "the proof" she wanted was marriage specifically. I honestly even wonder if that got discussed at all or whether she sort of threw it on him with Lover/Paper Rings

I know he has been criticised for not supporting her publicly but at the end of the day that doesn't necessarily mean that he wasn't doing things in private

I'm still of the view that she is constantly chasing rollercoaster-type of emotions and love and Joe just wanted normality. Travis may well be suited for her in that regard because he seems to be very open to a public relationship (at least for now) and that's not exactly "normal" - also she has that line about scandals bringing lovers together, and a public relationship is great for scandals and criticism and whatever

Reactions: 9
I've spoken before on what I think hoax is about but not everyone is comfortable with that or agrees with me. My views haven't changed (it struck me immediately with it), especially now as we appreciate more that sometimes when she says her songs aren't autobiographical that's just not true.

I realised yesterday that the dress from the video was very similar to the horrible Grammy dress, making it somewhat more understandable, but what I didn't realise yesterday is that it's supposed to be a wedding dress. She has a garter on.
I agree, I think I read someone’s thoughts on it and since then heard it totally differently and it’s now all I can hear in the song. Whether it’s about that scenario or “just” her and Joe I think the sadness in it is bigger than almost anything else of hers. It’s a beautiful song regardless and I feel weird speculating on it so never really brought it up.

Reactions: 5
I've gone from Ok how many are going to be Matty songs, oh most of them at least it's only 1 (double) album to then coming on here and every hour another potential matty song is found on another album. o_O

It's starting to look like instead of texting like normal folk those two have been volleying songs back and forth since 2014!

Reactions: 12

would you mind sharing you thoughts about Hoax? I’m new-ish to these Taylor threads

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.