Taylor Swift #4 Midnights EST, we'll be in our jammies. Why does she need validation from the grammys?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well Gorgeous is about Joe with the throwaway line about Calvin.

I don’t think she’s ever officially said this but Swifties have always said that he was so disrespectful about and after their break up (rants on twitter, trashing her in the press etc) that she decided never to even write a song about him. There’s a guy on tiktok who always does videos from Calvin Harris’s POV - listening to Taylor and expecting things to be about you then you get “all the boys and their expensive cars with the range rovers (Calvin) and the jaguars (Tom) never took me quite where you do” 😂
Oh yes ha it is about Joe but I meant that line about Calvin.

I love those videos.

I will come back later with my thoughts on Midnights 😊

Reactions: 1
Re: Aaron Dessner - I’ve not seen the production credits yet but the album sounds 100% Jack production so would be surprised if Aaron had any credits. I’ve also heard a snippet of Hits Different (not the full song) and that also sounds very Jack. Unless Aaron produced the other two remix bonus tracks, I wonder what he was talking about here. I’m not a double album truther but this is intriguing

Reactions: 2
Ok another question from me if you don’t mind. Without spoilers, are there any moments, lyrics, revelations where you were like 😮

Ok another question from me if you don’t mind. Without spoilers, are there any moments, lyrics, revelations where you were like 😮
yes a few for me

If Liz Truss truly was a Swiftie she should’ve waited to resign until after Midnights roll out

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Music leaking forums, file sharing websites etc are good place to find the album. Telegram got the leaks first
Lavender Haze: it sounds like an ITHK remix
Maroon: rep/Lover hybrid
Anti-Hero: 1989 sound
Snow on the beach: the most like Folklore/Evermore, it's disappointing that Lana is just doing backing vocals. Pointless extended outro that could've been a Lana verse
You're on your own kid: very Antonoff production, gradual build, just a typically well-written and well-produced pop song. The first song that doesn't sound like an outtake from a previous album or sounds like a hybrid of her previous albums.
Midnight Rain: I think they used a vocoder for the sound effects, it's a throwback to the experimental I Did Something Bad instrumental made from modifying her voice. It's the midnights sound/style
Question: the vocal modifications are here again, more pointless swearing that doesn't add much to the lyrics
Vigilante tit: reputation outtake. Is she trying to have her own Billie Eilish bad guy moment? I think they took inspiration from Finneas for the production
Bejeweled: reputation vibes
Labyrinth: like Daylight and Afterglow but with more interesting synths. One of the few songs that has the distinct midnights sound
Karma: doesn't sound like anything else on the album, definitely a bop with its own groove. It's a glittery gel pen song, the lyrics aren't her best. Could be the Cruel Summer of this album but the lyrics are nowhere near as good as Cruel Summer. There's something a bit more raw about her vocals for the bridge, they're not clean and perfect
Sweet Nothing: Folklore/Evermore outtake but with a Lover production. Very intimate song
Mastermind: synth pop song, steady build up. I get Welcome to New York vibes because it's a great opener, would've made more sense to have this as track 1. I don't know if this a confession or a character she created like Blank Space

I get the vibe that some of the songs are about her hypothetical alternate universe scenarios that she makes up when she can't sleep at night. In general the expletives and swearing just don't add much, it's like they're just there so that Taylor can have an explicit song/album. Out of 13 tracks, 7 sound like outtakes from previous albums or hybrids of her previous sounds. This is an album for the Reputation and Lover stans. Taylor's made worse albums and she's made better albums.

I think it’s hard to say, because it’s less confessional storytelling and more abstract/poetic thoughts and feelings. You really have to interpret what she really means to say on most songs… but the jaw dropping moments would be some of the lyrics lol, there is one really unpopular line that is already going viral on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not sure if this tweet would count as a spoiler but putting it under one just in case
A0AE1470-4EC0-4882-A10A-8D29705C8164.jpeg

Music leaking forums, file sharing websites etc are good place to find the album. Telegram got the leaks first
Lavender Haze: it sounds like an ITHK remix
Maroon: rep/Lover hybrid
Anti-Hero: 1989 sound
Snow on the beach: the most like Folklore/Evermore, it's disappointing that Lana is just doing backing vocals. Pointless extended outro that could've been a Lana verse
You're on your own kid: very Antonoff production, gradual build, just a typically well-written and well-produced pop song. The first song that doesn't sound like an outtake from a previous album or sounds like a hybrid of her previous albums.
Midnight Rain: I think they used a vocoder for the sound effects, it's a throwback to the experimental I Did Something Bad instrumental made from modifying her voice. It's the midnights sound/style
Question: the vocal modifications are here again, more pointless swearing that doesn't add much to the lyrics
Vigilante tit: reputation outtake. Is she trying to have her own Billie Eilish bad guy moment? I think they took inspiration from Finneas for the production
Bejeweled: reputation vibes
Labyrinth: like Daylight and Afterglow but with more interesting synths. One of the few songs that has the distinct midnights sound
Karma: doesn't sound like anything else on the album, definitely a bop with its own groove. It's a glittery gel pen song, the lyrics aren't her best. Could be the Cruel Summer of this album but the lyrics are nowhere near as good as Cruel Summer. There's something a bit more raw about her vocals for the bridge, they're not clean and perfect
Sweet Nothing: Folklore/Evermore outtake but with a Lover production. Very intimate song
Mastermind: synth pop song, steady build up. I get Welcome to New York vibes because it's a great opener, would've made more sense to have this as track 1. I don't know if this a confession or a character she created like Blank Space

I get the vibe that some of the songs are about her hypothetical alternate universe scenarios that she makes up when she can't sleep at night. In general the expletives and swearing just don't add much, it's like they're just there so that Taylor can have an explicit song/album. Out of 13 tracks, 7 sound like outtakes from previous albums or hybrids of her previous sounds. This is an album for the Reputation and Lover stans. Taylor's made worse albums and she's made better albums.
I think the cursing here is actually supposed to add to it. We'll know when we see if there's a comma after bleeping IYSWIM

Okay, even Swifties are saying Question is about Karlie Kloss/kissgate. I think that's the first time they've ever admitted that situation could have actually happened.

Reactions: 3
People’s obsession over her an Karlie is odd. Even if it did happen it ended six years ago

Reactions: 7
Okay, even Swifties are saying Question is about Karlie Kloss/kissgate. I think that's the first time they've ever admitted that situation could have actually happened.
No they’re not, it’s just Kaylors flooding various platforms pretending to be like ‘hm I’m not a conspiracist but sounds like THIS one is about Karlie’ even when it once again makes no sense and making it seem as though everyone agrees on it when most people have no idea what they’re talking about. Even the term ‘Kissgate’ is so cringe, like please let it go.

What did I tell you the other day, the goalposts always change. Lavender Haze was supposed to be her coming out song, well surprise surprise there’s a new conspiracy that will be forced upon us all.

Reactions: 5
No they’re not, it’s just Kaylors flooding various platforms pretending to be like ‘hm I’m not a conspiracist but sounds like THIS one is about Karlie’ even when it once again makes no sense and making it seem as though everyone agrees on it when most people have no idea what they’re talking about. Even the term ‘Kissgate’ is so cringe, like please let it go.

What did I tell you the other day, the goalposts always change. Lavender Haze was supposed to be her coming out song, well surprise surprise there’s a new conspiracy that will be forced upon us all.
Agreed. I'm far from a kaylor. She's with Joe.

But the lyrics in question are definitely pointing to a specific incident... whether its the same incident (or whether it even was an incident) is debatable.

I had initially thought it was about Tom, then Harry. But to my knowledge there was no public kissing with either. Doesn't have to have been public as such though..

Agreed. I'm far from a kaylor. She's with Joe.

But the lyrics in question are definitely pointing to a specific incident... whether its the same incident (or whether it even was an incident) is debatable.

I had initially thought it was about Tom, then Harry. But to my knowledge there was no public kissing with either. Doesn't have to have been public as such though..
Idk how to do a spoiler so I’ll say this more vaguely… I took that line not as a specific incident but as either a kind of metaphor (being taunted for loving her or being seen with her, but also celebrated)… OR, as something that happened in private. But no I don’t see it literally, really.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.