Taylor Swift #4 Midnights EST, we'll be in our jammies. Why does she need validation from the grammys?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love London Boy, don’t judge me swifties 😅

I am a bit scared about what it’s going to sound because I don’t blindly love all her songs BUT I have confidence that there will at least be one or two songs that I fall in love with.

Reactions: 6
I was convinced that ME would turn out to be part of the soundtrack for a film like trolls or sing… and when it turned out that it wasn’t and it was a serious lead single I was like… oh….
Yeah I was a bit like that.
I got the point of it. It was the opposite of reputation and her trying to show that she was happy, in love with someone who loved her back despite all her flaws etc etc. But it all turned TOO pink and fluffy and kinda ruined the whole aesthetic of the album for me. There are some truly great songs on it too.

I don't really think SYGB was out of place, as such. The point of Lover was celebrating different types of love. Romantic, friendship, sex, LGBT, family, ex loves

I've heard a bit of anti hero so far. It's good, as others said, very 1989. Not a bad thing.

Reactions: 6
well he was doing lines, and crossing all of mine

Can I ask you a question?
Did you ever have someone kiss you in a crowded room?
And every single one of your friends was making fun of you
But fifteen seconds latеr they were clapping too
Thеn what did you do?
Did you leave her house in the middle of the night? [Oh
Did you wish you put up more of a fight? [Oh
When she said it was too much, do you wish you could still touch her?
It’s just a question

Best believe I’m still bejeweled when I walk in the room
I can still make the whole place shimmer
And when I meet the band, they ask, “Do you have a man?”
I can still say, “I don’t remember”
Familiarity breeds contempt, don’t put me in the basement
When I want the penthouse of your heart
Diamonds in my eyes, I polish up real, I polish up real nice
[Nice]
I think vigilante is about scooter and Taylor telling his wife about his affairs!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Tbh Taylor needs to throw the glitter gel pen AWAY, there were very few times when I actually liked these songs. I get she tries not to take herself so seriously at times, but there's a huge difference between irreverent lyrics and downright bad writing.

Karma is bound to be one of her worst, those lyrics are atrocious and I hate when she tries to incorporate AAVE into her songs, it always ends up sounding like this:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.jpg

To me New Romantics is an amazing song because she gets to make fun of herself and the media without the need to resort to oversimplified or unauthentic songwriting, it's clever, well-written, masterfully produced AND fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The point of Lover was celebrating different types of love. Romantic, friendship, sex, LGBT, family, ex loves
This may be unpopular but I thought this theme was very weak and just made up as an afterthought. Any of her albums could be seen in the lens of love really. I agree about the fluffy pink being too much. IMO folklore is the natural successor to rep.

As I side note, I really dislike the Lover album cover so much 😂 The font, the glitter, the bad photoshopping, the heart around the eye, the dip dyed hair.

Lover has some bangers but the whole album and roll out screams “I’m on a new label who need me to do a big pop album so I’ll just do this”.

Midnights does feel more thought out and I hope it’s “sonically cohesive” 🙃

Reactions: 9
Full album has leaked

so good. That’s as far as I’ve got so far lol

Im staying strong until Friday. I need something to look forward to.
you’re better than some of us (me…)! I feel justified, I’ve ordered three copies of the album and will surely be dropping a bomb on her tour tickets

Reactions: 4
you’re better than some of us (me…)! I feel justified, I’ve ordered three copies of the album and will surely be dropping a bomb on her tour tickets
I think it’s totally fine to listen early, though I’m not, IMO the fans go too crazy about “respecting Taylor” by yelling at everyone who listens to one. Excited to discuss with everyone on here soon 😍

Its the school holidays and Im really busy so I feel like I need the time to listen properly and I wont have it until the weekend 🙊

Reactions: 2
Wow I’m underwhelmed… this was my favorite album photoshoot so I had super high hopes based on it and everything she has said about the 70’s vibes.

It’s not bad at all, but after impactful works like folklore and evermore this feels more of the same, like a continuation of lover. I don’t even feel the urge to replay the album which I always do. Hopefully it’ll grow on me.

Reactions: 3
I have a feeling this album will be divisive. I am seeing Swifties tit on it. I can't wait to see what the critics say.

In my opinion it is her worst album to date. Production is a mess and all blends into one. The lyrics seem to have regressed and are juvenile. Some of them made me gasp they are so bad but I will post them on release day as I'm not sure how do add a spoiler. Well, in one song she admits all of her good deeds are to feed her ego and narcissism so that was interesting.

If Taylor expects a Grammy for this then I imagine she will be disappointed. Going from folklore/evermore to this is whiplash and actually quite laughable.

• Sad
Wow I’m underwhelmed… this was my favorite album photoshoot so I had super high hopes based on it and everything she has said about the 70’s vibes.

It’s not bad at all, but after impactful works like folklore and evermore this feels more of the same, like a continuation of lover. I don’t even feel the urge to replay the album which I always do. Hopefully it’ll grow on me.
are the rumoured lyrics to Karma true?? Please say they’re not…

I have a feeling this album will be divisive. I am seeing Swifties tit on it. I can't wait to see what the critics say.

In my opinion it is her worst album to date. Production is a mess and all blends into one. The lyrics seem to have regressed and are juvenile. Some of them made me gasp they are so bad but I will post them on release day as I'm not sure how do add a spoiler. Well, in one song she admits all of her good deeds are to feed her ego and narcissism so that was interesting.

If Taylor expects a Grammy for this then I imagine she will be disappointed. Going from folklore/evermore to this is whiplash and actually quite laughable.
can you add a spoiler and say the song title?

are the rumoured lyrics to Karma true?? Please say they’re not…
They are. But I liked it. Justice for Karma

I really liked it.
I shouldn't have listened but I did. I have no patience. I'm bad.

I don't think it sounds like a continuation of Lover, more a combination of it and 1989, rep and folklore.

A lot of it definitely focuses on recent years and Joe but there's some that made me wonder who/what was the inspiration. Taylor Lautner? Tom? Calvin? Maybe Joe j. Need a listen again with the lyrics.

From memory I think my favourite was midnight rain, which I didn't expect. At all.

No, it wasn't. Mastermind was up there. As were the first 4 tracks. Track 5 was confusing a bit, needs analysis, lol. But there's another with an amazing bridge and I can't remember which one.

Midnight rain surprised me because it didn't expect it to be about what it is about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.