Taylor Swift #4 Midnights EST, we'll be in our jammies. Why does she need validation from the grammys?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m intrigued lol, I need to know these lyrics! Someone spoiler cut pleeeease!
cause Karma is my boyfriend, Karma is a God, Karma is the breeze in my hair on the weekend, Karma’s a relaxing thought but, for you, it’s not, sweet like honey, Karma is a cat purring in my lap cause it loves me, flexing like a goddamn acrobat, me and karma vibe like that

It's honestly a really good song though.
Think "I wish I was a little bit taller..." vibes

I need to go to sleep. Instead I'm reading reddit reviews. Mostly v positive.

I was wrong about Question. I'm so dumb.

Reactions: 3
I listened to most of a leak, didn’t really listen to full songs though and missed a few altogether.
No spoilers here, just general feelings.

I liked it, but it is VERY ~sonically cohesive~ lol, maybe too much so.

It’s also very different for her, less of her storytelling kind of songwriting, a lot more vague and poetic about feelings and reflections. In that sense she seems a lot more distant here, but also more personal in some way. Another contradiction is that the album seems vaguely sad, but also not— like full of love songs and she is clearly very in love. But kinda sad.

Reactions: 6
Whoever said that Vigilante tit is about Scooter - I truly think that’s bang on after listening

Where has it leaked to? Iv not seen anything anywhere haha.
I will wait till tomorrow though as a treat.

Reactions: 1
Reading all of this makes me excited and curious in equal measure - roll on tomorrow!!

Reactions: 4
Where has it leaked to? Iv not seen anything anywhere haha.
I will wait till tomorrow though as a treat.
I think it started on tumblr but it’s probably on twitter and tiktok by now, normally they put it on Google drives. I use an app that’s like WhatsApp (telegram) that people use to leak music as it’s encrypted

I’m trying to minimise the spoilers I read but can anyone tell me if there are many bangers. And if track 5 is a worthy track 5?

Im a bit apprehensive tbh and also if its not that good is she touring with that?!?

Folklore and Evermore are such a hard act to follow but Im quite gutted to hear it compared to 1989 and Lover as theyre my two least listened to 🙊

I’m trying to minimise the spoilers I read but can anyone tell me if there are many bangers. And if track 5 is a worthy track 5?
i will put this behind a spoiler so not to spoil it for anyone

track 5 is good but I think Labyrinth should’ve been track 5, much more vulnerable. The album doesn’t really have “bangers” it sort of blends in to one sound - very cohesive. Anti-Hero is probably the big pop anthem here

after a few listens, Anti-Hero, Lavender Haze, Mastermind and Vigilante tit are the stands outs for me.

i think this is going to divide the fanbase and public. Interested to see what the press say

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm a bit underwhelmed, but again might need a few more listens. Immediately liked: Lavender Haze, Anti-Hero (although the sexy baby line made me cringe a bit), Midgnight Rain (Is this about Tom?), Labyrinth, Sweet Nothing and Mastermind.

Still hate the Karma lyrics, but it didn't sound as bad as I expected when I first read it.

I'm a bit underwhelmed, but again might need a few more listens. Immediately liked: Lavender Haze, Anti-Hero (although the sexy baby line made me cringe a bit), Midgnight Rain (Is this about Tom?), Labyrinth, Sweet Nothing and Mastermind.

Still hate the Karma lyrics, but it didn't sound as bad as I expected when I first read it.
I thought Taylor Lautner

Is the wrong word. Nobody would describe 'As it was' as a banger as such but it was a huge hit. It's very cohesive and an overall similar sound to that kind of song. Sort of like an electro folklore. Track 5 is very, very good, but a probably an unusual choice i think. I get why it's there. It touches on something she hasn't really sung about before. Think it's the oldest (timeline wise).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Those of us who have listened, who/what do you think each song is about? Obviously Anti-Hero is about self-loathing, and I am fairly convinced Vigilante tit is about Scooter but can’t work out the rest.

Also the album is out tomorrow!! I wonder what the surprises she has in store are. After hearing the album, I would like an Aaron-ified version. I don’t think he is the producer of Hits Different as I’ve heard a snippet of it and it sounds like Jack again. So wonder what his tweet referenced?

Those of us who have listened, who/what do you think each song is about? Obviously Anti-Hero is about self-loathing, and I am fairly convinced Vigilante tit is about Scooter but can’t work out the rest.

Also the album is out tomorrow!! I wonder what the surprises she has in store are. After hearing the album, I would like an Aaron-ified version. I don’t think he is the producer of Hits Different as I’ve heard a snippet of it and it sounds like Jack again. So wonder what his tweet referenced?
We know what lavender haze is about also.
Not in order but in order of me remembering.

karma - kanye and the implosion of his life
mastermind - her plotting to get with joe
question - harry (because of the I remember sample)
sweet nothings - Joe and the simplicity he gives her
Bejeweled - not sure which relationship this refers to. Possibly Harry or Jake
Maroon - Deffo jake. The red references are everywhere
Snow on the Beach - what could have been and what probably couldn't really have been? Not sure who it's about.
Vigilante tit is part real part fantasy.
Labyrinth - not sure who but isn't it the one about taking their whole life to get over someone. Need to see lyrics
You're on your own kid - the insecurites of, unrequited love, eating disorder
Midnight rain- taylor lautner

On a maybe/ maybe not unrelated note, I watched this yesterday morning and my jaw dropped at how impressive but ultimately bad and cringe this is. I'm guessing it was filmed shortly after her monologue (which references him)... given the decorations, probably December...

This is definitely part of the reason she dumped him. Has to be. Swiftly after this too, lol.

Brace yourselves.

Last edited:
We know what lavender haze is about also.
Not in order but in order of me remembering.

karma - kanye and the implosion of his life
mastermind - her plotting to get with joe
question - harry (because of the I remember sample)
sweet nothings - Joe and the simplicity he gives her
Bejeweled - not sure which relationship this refers to. Possibly Harry or Jake
Maroon - Deffo jake. The red references are everywhere
Snow on the Beach - what could have been and what probably couldn't really have been? Not sure who it's about.
Vigilante tit is part real part fantasy.
Labyrinth - not sure who but isn't it the one about taking their whole life to get over someone. Need to see lyrics
You're on your own kid - the insecurites of, unrequited love, eating disorder
Midnight rain- taylor lautner
Bejeweled definitely gives me Tom or Calvin vibes, more Calvin because “And when I meet the band, they ask, “Do you have a man?” I can still say, “I don’t remember”” sounds like the original Gorgeous lyrics ‘I have a boyfriend he’s older than us, I haven’t seen him in a couple of months’

Bejeweled definitely gives me Tom or Calvin vibes, more Calvin because “And when I meet the band, they ask, “Do you have a man?” I can still say, “I don’t remember”” sounds like the original Gorgeous lyrics ‘I have a boyfriend he’s older than us, I haven’t seen him in a couple of months’
I don't believe she was that into Calvin. They got together and i think she thought if she didn't hold onto him for a decent length of time the media would have a field day. Comments below stories about her still have morons saying "onto the next one" type things.

Tom, if real, was a complete rebound. She wanted to leave him, she needed a reason. She wasn't trying to impress him either.

Reactions: 2
I don't believe she was that into Calvin. They got together and i think she thought if she didn't hold onto him for a decent length of time the media would have a field day. Comments below stories about her still have morons saying "onto the next one" type things.

Tom, if real, was a complete rebound. She wanted to leave him, she needed a reason. She wasn't trying to impress him either.
fair points. Tom is my favourite ex of hers - he seemed to properly care for her. And even if fake, I loved their pap shots. They live rent free in my head

Okay the post asking for the link and me giving the link have been deleted, so no sharing links I suppose

@Caffeine Fiend go on twitter, search midnights leak link, sort by latest and scroll down to the fifth tweet by latto prosti

Attachments

Last edited:
I always thought the ‘I got a boyfriend he’s older than us’ was about Tom but actually makes more sense if it’s Calvin with him being ‘in the club doing I don’t know what’.

I also like the idea of her not really acknowledging Calvin until IFTYE, like he never even deserved a song like the other guys.

Gorgeous is definitely about Calvin.

Some of Coney Island could also be Calvin aswell. I think anyway.

Gorgeous is definitely about Calvin.

Some of Coney Island could also be Calvin aswell. I think anyway.
Well Gorgeous is about Joe with the throwaway line about Calvin.

I don’t think she’s ever officially said this but Swifties have always said that he was so disrespectful about and after their break up (rants on twitter, trashing her in the press etc) that she decided never to even write a song about him. There’s a guy on tiktok who always does videos from Calvin Harris’s POV - listening to Taylor and expecting things to be about you then you get “all the boys and their expensive cars with the range rovers (Calvin) and the jaguars (Tom) never took me quite where you do” 😂

I actually think you might be right now @ls240898 but not Tom.

@Caffeine Fiend you may wait til tomorrow, lol. Mods having a tough morning.

I keep relistening to various songs. I love most of them. It's not a let down at all. Maybe not what some expected, but that doesn't make it bad.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.