Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it's that different. It's about what it means at the personal level being willing to drop your life (doesn't matter if you can travel easily, she admits to basically being based in London, that means not traveling back and forth). It's the psychology of it, not the practicality.
---

Nope, sorry ,everything about this relationship media is still a no for me.
I love your responses to this 🤣

Because if it was me I would hate it.
But I love it for taylor.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She may well have had staff with her in London. There's normally a risk with moving countries/continents/state for a relationship/job that it won't work out and you'll be stranded, possibly needing money etc. That wasn't really a risk.

Reactions: 2
I expected more for the release of 1989 tbh

I'm a pessimistic person, so now I really, really don't have much hope for rep. rep has a very (don't come for me rep stans) dated production style; it sounds like a 2012 album even though it was 2017. That being said, I like it more than 1989. I'm keeping my expectations low as possible (except the Vaults, which should be fun and interesting at least)
Unfortunately I agree. They have somehow managed to fumble this and Rep has certain elements to it that they seem to have struggled with replicating in this re-record

Reactions: 7
I don’t like to diagnose people but we’ve spoken before about neurodivergence on this thread and one thing I struggle with is taking it slow in relationships. I’m very all or nothing and honestly the relationships that lasted a few months or never even turned in to relationships tend to hurt me the most, because the sun still shines out of their backside and they seem like this perfect person still. Also there’s being sensitive to rejection which is what failed relationships feel like.
Sorry to get personal, it’s not about me but I’m just saying, some people just don’t have it in them to learn from past mistakes 😂

Reactions: 13
Aww I love Travis , he honestly seems so wholesome and I meannnnn he is a 6’4 football player - go get it Tay 😉. In comparison Joe seems a right wet weekend snoozeville bore.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If Harry had been so awful she wouldn't still be being civil with him so the fans need to chilllllll. He was like 20 at the time and new-ish to being famous so it seems a bit harsh to drag him if he hasn't done anything super bad (as far as I know, may be missing something?)

I think her and Travis seem sweet and having fun even if parts are cringe and seem a bit try hard to portray a certain image - but that’s celeb world I suppose. Time will tell if they are meant to be.

I also think her and Joe seemed sweet and don't really take his quietness for being boring (maybe just see it that way as I am shy but with people I'm comfortable around completely different 😂). I also don't see how she would write all those songs about him if they didn't have the spark and really don't see her being with someone super dull for so long. Whatever it was clearly worked for her as it's been her longest and most serious relationship so far hasn't it? He also seems respectful of her as he has stayed pretty quiet since the split and has never leaked anything about her as far as I know?

V excited for her next album - will there be Joe songs or will it be all Travis stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If Harry had been so awful she wouldn't still be being civil with him so the fans need to chilllllll. He was like 20 at the time and new-ish to being famous so it seems a bit harsh to drag him if he hasn't done anything super bad (as far as I know, may be missing something?)

I think her and Travis seem sweet and having fun even if parts are cringe and seem a bit try hard to portray a certain image - but that’s celeb world I suppose. Time will tell if they are meant to be.

I also think her and Joe seemed sweet and don't really take his quietness for being boring (maybe just see it that way as I am shy but with people I'm comfortable around completely different 😂). I also don't see how she would write all those songs about him if they didn't have the spark and really don't see her being with someone super dull for so long. Whatever it was clearly worked for her as it's been her longest and most serious relationship so far hasn't it? He also seems respectful of her as he has stayed pretty quiet since the split and has never leaked anything about her as far as I know?

V excited for her next album - will there be Joe songs or will it be all Travis stuff.
I thought maybe I was missing something with the way people were reacting 😂
If we cancelled every celeb for cheating, especially when they were 19/20 years old, there wouldn't be many left 😂

Reactions: 11
I thought maybe I was missing something with the way people were reacting 😂
If we cancelled every celeb for cheating, especially when they were 19/20 years old, there wouldn't be many left 😂
Ikr! Haha. And its been speculated that Taylor has cheated in relationships too so if her fans are trying to cancel him for that then it makes zero sense. 😂

Reactions: 11
My 3 year old son asks for the “shake song mama” (Shake it Off), dances uncontrollably and sings the hummed bits. It’s now the best Taylor song to exist. I will not be taking questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ikr! Haha. And its been speculated that Taylor has cheated in relationships too so if her fans are trying to cancel him for that then it makes zero sense. 😂
And she literally says she was hooking up with somebody else too in the exact same song 😄
---
I think they were just both young and horny and had casual fun but Taylor caught feelings as sometimes happens 🙃. But that's nobody's fault and the fans are making it a bigger deal than it is.

And of course Taylor is gonna embellish for the album, that's how inspiration and being creative works.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Controversial question but how do people know the vault songs are real vault songs and not just stuff she made around midnights?

Reactions: 2
Controversial question but how do people know the vault songs are real vault songs and not just stuff she made around midnights?
Usually song titles are registered. Also, if she wrote with other people, there would be contracts from that time, payment even if a song wasn't released. More to come obviously when the vaults are released. Like there's a Rolling Stone article about the cowriter of Say Don't Go, and she says the lyrics are exactly the same as what they wrote almost a decade ago.
That said, there's obviously no knowing how much she might have tweaked without her releasing verified originals and there will always be sound things from most recent albums bleeding in since production has moved on. I think that's why people are moaning about the vault songs sounding Midnights -y

Reactions: 8
They do sound like Midnights tracks but we don't know how long she's been sitting on the finished product; she may well have had those songs wrapped up before work on Midnights started if Wildest Dreams was ready in 2021.

It doesn't bother me if the Vaults don't sound cohesive with the original album. The Dianne Warren song sounds just as 80s as the original tracklist. I've never made a song in my life but I bet it's harder than it looks to replicate a certain sound. Music trends change very fast.

It's a fair question though. I think T and the other songwriters do tweak things from the original product. I really struggle to see 2011 Taylor writing ATW10 in its final form. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.

Reactions: 10
I am going to presume they're all a bunch of teenagers.

Their reasons were that Jake Gyllenhaal and John Mayer were both cancelled because of Taylor... apparently.
John Mayer is known to be an unpleasant character. I have no sympathy for him. Other ex partners of his have shared information about the type of man he is, and IMO, any dislike he gets from the public is deserved.

Reactions: 10
John Mayer is known to be an unpleasant character. I have no sympathy for him. Other ex partners of his have shared information about the type of man he is, and IMO, any dislike he gets from the public is deserved.
Oh I totally agree. I wasn't defending him in the slightest.
It was more that people were saying both him and Jake were cancelled simply because of Taylor.
I don't even know the meaning of cancelled apparently because to me they're not cancelled as they're still around, especially Jake. 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.