Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m super jealous of everyone getting their physical items. Damn my parents for wanting it to be a Christmas gift🤣

As I’m still a new Swiftie I have to buy all her albums, streaming is fine but I like to own the music i buy.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hope you all don't mind me joining!
I adore this cardigan 😫 I need it. But can't justify the £70 😂

1989 is my favourite album so was super excited for TV to release.
I love it.
I wouldn't class myself as a Swiftie, I guess, but I have always loved her music and it's always a go to.

I've got bored of reading/seeing all the videos on Tiktok about her and Harry.
Calling her awful for releasing the songs when they're friends 🤣
And then calling for Harry to be cancelled 😂

Reactions: 9
Hope you all don't mind me joining!
I adore this cardigan 😫 I need it. But can't justify the £70 😂

1989 is my favourite album so was super excited for TV to release.
I love it.
I wouldn't class myself as a Swiftie, I guess, but I have always loved her music and it's always a go to.

I've got bored of reading/seeing all the videos on Tiktok about her and Harry.
Calling her awful for releasing the songs when they're friends 🤣
And then calling for Harry to be cancelled 😂
Welcome!
Are people wanting Harry to be cancelled? Seriously?

Honestly, I wouldn’t be too upset, I can’t stand him even if he was the perfect boyfriend to her. It’s a shame the Vault songs are giving him attention!

Reactions: 5
Welcome!
Are people wanting Harry to be cancelled? Seriously?

Honestly, I wouldn’t be too upset, I can’t stand him even if he was the perfect boyfriend to her. It’s a shame the Vault songs are giving him attention!
I am going to presume they're all a bunch of teenagers.

Their reasons were that Jake Gyllenhaal and John Mayer were both cancelled because of Taylor... apparently.

Reactions: 2
The irony is I was bopping away in the kitchen to 1989 with earphones on so the postman put it in my bin because I didnt hear the door. 😂 my dogs were barking their heads off in the garden and I went out and the posite said theres a parcel in your bin!

Id forgotten for a hot minute.
Haha thats quite funny! I was painting my nails when my postman came, so I got super excited and ruined my nails... and it was just something for my partner 🤣🤣.
On a positive note, I have had a shipping email now so least I know it should be here Monday 😊
---
I’m struggling to find anything- when I search I just get generic cardigans
For mine I searched folklore cardigan and quite a few came up, and then in the listing they had different colours. I don't want to link the one I ordered because I haven't got it yet so I'm not sure of the quality.

Last edited:
I got mine this morning but even on the record player I feel like I can still hear the drowning noise 😢

Reactions: 4
Has anyone been lucky enough to receive a marbled tangerine vinyl? Mine is opaque and I'm gutted lol

I definitely need more time to fully listen to the album but I’m loving the vault tracks this time around, especially Say Don’t Go & Is It Over Now.

So far my favourite re-release has been Red, not necessarily the album but I loved the roll out. All the talk show interviews, the autumnal TikToks, getting the All Too Well short film the day of album release. It just felt so right seasonally too 🍁

I’m surprised there hasn’t been as much promo for 1989 but I guess with the tour & all the Travis stuff she’s already everywhere anyway and then she’d really be at risk of overexposure (which people are already accusing her of - myself included at points!). Red was pre-Midnights & tour which is when she seemed to really blow up in the media again

Reactions: 3
I don’t mind Harry, I think he seems like a nice enough guy and some of his songs are catchy. I did think “oooooh,” when I heard Is It Over Now. I don’t think Harry should be cancelled for being a (maybe?) crappy boyfriend when he was like 20. They’re both grown adults and im sure I heard they’re at least civil now?

my tangerine vinyl came today I’m going to play it now!

Reactions: 7
I'm sorry to be negative but I've listened through a few more times and I think it is, generally speaking, the worst mixed TV yet. It's a shame because Fearless and Speak Now were elevated and Red was hit and miss but 1989 is more miss than hit. I think the absence of Max Martin is really keenly felt.

Stupid mistakes like the clicking in Shake It Off and the fumbled guitar riff in Style should not have happened. I initially liked the new sound of Blank Space because I like a strong bass but I listened the original again and was reminded how immaculately produced and mixed that is. New Romantics seems to have lost its melody in the TV, it's just a fug of buzzing bass.

I think T's vocals on a technical level are better across the board, as usual for the re-records, but I can't really forgive her for Style. I know she can emote in songs, I know she's a good actress when she sings. I'm not sure why she couldn't turn it on for Style.

Eventually when I get a new turntable I'll listen to my vinyl and hopefully the sound quality will better there.

I'm a pessimistic person, so now I really, really don't have much hope for rep. rep has a very (don't come for me rep stans) dated production style; it sounds like a 2012 album even though it was 2017. That being said, I like it more than 1989. I'm keeping my expectations low as possible (except the Vaults, which should be fun and interesting at least)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t mind Harry, I think he seems like a nice enough guy and some of his songs are catchy. I did think “oooooh,” when I heard Is It Over Now. I don’t think Harry should be cancelled for being a (maybe?) crappy boyfriend when he was like 20. They’re both grown adults and im sure I heard they’re at least civil now?

my tangerine vinyl came today I’m going to play it now!
I’d say they’re definitely civil, they were seen talking at the Grammys and she was the very first person to stand up when someone shouted “Beyoncé should’ve won” at this years ceremony when he got album of the year.

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t recommend listening to New Romantics TV on a speaker 🥴 on headphones it was okay but my Sonos makes it sound terrible! Why is it so different from the original?!

Reactions: 6
If I've learned anything these past few days it's that Harry and Taylor were more serious/on and off more than I thought. I thought they were just casually dating for a couple of months.
---
Finally it's happening to me right in front of my face 🎶 View attachment 2536964
Oh God yeah. This whole 3 months thing is just not true. They were one-off for about a year.

Reactions: 2
That diary entry also proves that she really doesn't learn from past mistakes. She admits to basically moving across a country and ocean three months into a relationship with a guy. And she's kinda going really hard with the KC thing now too. You'd think in ten years she'd grow more cautious/averse to dropping it all to go to a guy.

Sorry, I'm super anti all that 🤣 I've learned the hard way following a guy that soon doesn't end well.

Reactions: 18
That diary entry also proves that she really doesn't learn from past mistakes. She admits to basically moving across a country and ocean three months into a relationship with a guy. And she's kinda going really hard with the KC thing now too. You'd think in ten years she'd grow more cautious/averse to dropping it all to go to a guy.

Sorry, I'm super anti all that 🤣 I've learned the hard way following a guy that soon doesn't end well.
Yeah but she's not like your average 27 year old. Moving continents isn't really a big deal when you have your own plane...

Reactions: 4
Yeah but she's not like your average 27 year old. Moving continents isn't really a big deal when you have your own plane...
I don't think it's that different. It's about what it means at the personal level being willing to drop your life (doesn't matter if you can travel easily, she admits to basically being based in London, that means not traveling back and forth). It's the psychology of it, not the practicality.
---
Nope, sorry ,everything about this relationship media is still a no for me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.