Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the voting criteria? Should massive sales be more important than artistic vaule? Not saying midnights doesn’t have it, but what if an album was amazingly good and artistically original but just hadn’t sold as much as another? Could be down to fan bases being more passionate. Also of course midnight sold loads of vinyls, wasn’t there about a billion released?!?

Reactions: 9
What’s the voting criteria? Should massive sales be more important than artistic vaule? Not saying midnights doesn’t have it, but what if an album was amazingly good and artistically original but just hadn’t sold as much as another? Could be down to fan bases being more passionate. Also of course midnight sold loads of vinyls, wasn’t there about a billion released?!?
I think the voting criteria is just what you like best! Not sure though. I was just describing why I thought the album made a big impact 😊

seems the show is going to be delayed due to weather, might have to rectify my swiftball predictions to come in with the rain 😂

Reactions: 2
I do think over time Midnights has become more cohesive to me, and the songs all sound good together which I initially didn’t think.

The 1989 vault tracks actually cemented that for me because when I heard them I thought ‘they sound like Midnights tracks’ which I guess means midnights has its own sound.

It doesn’t get me in the feels like other albums of her but I still think it’s a great album.

Reactions: 6
Too late, please see yourself out (kidding!)

I meant it broke a lot of records, was hugely popular, had chart longevity etc
It:
1. Broke the record for most streamed album in a day on Spotify
2. Sold 1.57m upon release
3. Had the largest vinyl sales week of the 21st century
4. Had 10 songs in the top 10 at once

So whilst it’s certainly not as strong as her other wins, I wouldn’t mind her taking it home (as opposed to albums like OG Red or Evermore which were nominated but they weren’t the best albums that year). I could see SZA taking it, or Jon Baptiste bc the Grammys love him
---
View attachment 2563690Here are the other nominees btw
I know there are some big Midnights fans here so I was like hmm maybe I'll get roasted for that comment. 😂

I can't deny that she has impact, but I do think anything she releases will do the numbers, especially at this point of her career. This isn't to say I think she will ever release a truly terrible album and it even demonstrates her talent that she's got to the point where her fan base is so huge, supportive and passionate. It just makes it hard to say how good an album is based only on sales - kinda like what Lilykins was saying above. Especially as her marketing is so intense too, how many people bought multiple vinyls etc.

This is all just my opinion obvs, and someone's least fave album can always be someone else's fave so I'm not implying it's an objectively bad album, just not for me.

And to be fair I also think my opinion may be impacted by the album not being what I expected (the style of photoshoot had me expecting something totally different!) and I was SO excited for it that my expectations were v high. Also folklore and evermore are my faves so they were also tough acts to follow and maybe impact how I rate midnights.

Edited bits as some sentences made zero sense. :LOL:

Reactions: 13
Looking at the nominations fully I don't think she really should "win" the vast majority of the categories she's nominated in tbh

I think she ultimately probably will purely because of how "big" she is at the moment within the US. I always feel a bit disconnected with the US hype for her because she doesn't seem to have longevity or consistency (if the song does have longevity) in the UK charts

It will be interesting to see what happens when she's touring UK. It feels like South America goes a bit insane

Saw someone say she has a new lover outfit because she has a new lover 😂😂

• Haha
at the pictures watching the trailers now … no one here knows i’m knivesnflowers 😆
brought my red cardi but too warm to wear it

nine or ten people here so far and there’s looooads of buckets and cups left in the front (odeon huddersfield if anyone’s local and still after one) - blurry pic bc I was walking

IMG_2073.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Rescheduled tonight’s show, the fans must be heartbroken. Especially the ones who camped
Must be bad as she never cancels due to weather

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
at the pictures watching the trailers now … no one here knows i’m knivesnflowers 😆
brought my red cardi but too warm to wear it

nine or ten people here so far and there’s looooads of buckets and cups left in the front (odeon huddersfield if anyone’s local and still after one) - blurry pic bc I was walking

View attachment 2563870
Enjoy! I went to a showcase on my own in the middle of the working day to watch it 😳😂

I love that you called it the "pictures". My mum used to call it that when we were little!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The clown in me thinks she’s even more likely to announce something when they do the show on Sunday to make it up to the fans

• Haha
Call me cynical but she cancels due to weather on the night travis arrives….shes done a couple nights in full on rain and only postponed a little, never cancelled.

• Haha
Call me cynical but she cancels due to weather on the night travis arrives….shes done a couple nights in full on rain and only postponed a little, never cancelled.
Shes postponed it to Sunday not cancelled and the weather is pretty bad. I'm calling you cynical 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know there are some big Midnights fans here so I was like hmm maybe I'll get roasted for that comment. 😂

I can't deny that she has impact, but I do think anything she releases will do the numbers, especially at this point of her career. This isn't to say I think she will ever release a truly terrible album and it even demonstrates her talent that she's got to the point where her fan base is so huge, supportive and passionate. It just makes it hard to say how good an album is based only on sales - kinda like what Lilykins was saying above. Especially as her marketing is so intense too, how many people bought multiple vinyls etc.

This is all just my opinion obvs, and someone's least fave album can always be someone else's fave so I'm not implying it's an objectively bad album, just not for me.

And to be fair I also think my opinion may be impacted by the album not being what I expected (the style of photoshoot had me expecting something totally different!) and I was SO excited for it that my expectations were v high. Also folklore and evermore are my faves so they were also tough acts to follow and maybe impact how I rate midnights.

Edited bits as some sentences made zero sense. :LOL:
Lol you could literally be me , my thoughts on midnights!!! I do enjoy it as an album but I think some songs seem a bit hits by numbers/jumping on trends (looking at you viligante tit….) and after all the hype and the beauty that was folklore/evermore I found it a tad disappointing. But I still think I like it more than lover as whole?
---
From videos I saw of last night i thought the wind looked bad, so maybe it’s a combination of things.

• Heart
Hmmm I just checked & there is a full blown thunderstorm going on right now - I mean id happily sit naked in a snowstorm if it meant I got to see her live but I guess from a health and safety perspective she probs needs to reschedule

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
The "good news" bit of that statement seems a bit tone deaf 😅 there's going to be a bunch of people who can't go to the show on Sunday

• Haha
There may also be different rules/regulations in different countries that inform these decisions. The stadium may not allow her to perform, I doubt she personally decides!

Think I’d just be gutted if this happened on a night we were going. I know it’s rescheduled but it’s maybe not going to be possible everyone can go on the Sunday. Best for people to be safe though, I didn’t realise it was a full storm ❤

Thinking of all those fans in BA that can’t actually make it Sunday 💔 so many will have travelled from further afield and/or have made plans that just wont be possible to be moved to a different day.

Obviously not her fault in the slightest & hope she doesn’t get blamed for it. If my show next year were to be rearranged last minute I know I’d be devastated as I’d probably really struggle to make it work

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.