Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay so I’m a die hard swiftie but I need to come clean.. all of these theory videos and people ‘clowning’ make me cringe really bad. I saw one about her saying the number 2 and 16 in her Champagne Problems speech and people analysing it. Someone mentioned she also said the number 17 and they’re like ‘yeah but that didn’t mean anything’ girl, are you in her mind or something? Do they hear how crazy they sound?

Don’t get me wrong, I find some really interesting and I know people create platforms based on these kind of videos but I really am finding myself more and more embarrassed when I watch them. I think I’m just devastated that I allowed myself to get caught up in the 1989 double album theory and it amounted to nothing despite every video I saw saying ‘IT’S 100% A DOUBLE ALBUM HERE IS THE EVIDENCE’ it’s not fair really, I can’t even imagine how tit it makes Taylor feel and it actually ruined the whole thing for me and I still haven’t really given the 1989 re-record the time it deserves because of how badly everybody hyped up the double album theory, almost made me gutted there wasn’t more when really I shouldn’t have expected it.

There I said it, sorry if some disagree 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’m a newish swiftie so I admit I only ”follow” the theories and clowning from what I see here and if I see it on tik tok I just scroll past. I know for many fans deciphering her Easter eggs is part of the fun but I don’t get it, probably because I am new. Personally I cringe more at the multiple album releases with different covers and different songs.

Reactions: 8
Okay so I’m a die hard swiftie but I need to come clean.. all of these theory videos and people ‘clowning’ make me cringe really bad. I saw one about her saying the number 2 and 16 in her Champagne Problems speech and people analysing it. Someone mentioned she also said the number 17 and they’re like ‘yeah but that didn’t mean anything’ girl, are you in her mind or something? Do they hear how crazy they sound?

Don’t get me wrong, I find some really interesting and I know people create platforms based on these kind of videos but I really am finding myself more and more embarrassed when I watch them. I think I’m just devastated that I allowed myself to get caught up in the 1989 double album theory and it amounted to nothing despite every video I saw saying ‘IT’S 100% A DOUBLE ALBUM HERE IS THE EVIDENCE’ it’s not fair really, I can’t even imagine how tit it makes Taylor feel and it actually ruined the whole thing for me and I still haven’t really given the 1989 re-record the time it deserves because of how badly everybody hyped up the double album theory, almost made me gutted there wasn’t more when really I shouldn’t have expected it.

There I said it, sorry if some disagree 😂😂
I agree in that I think we as fans expect too much from her and overanalyse everything to the point where when we just get what we were told we were getting it feels like a disappointment.

She must hate it when fans are hyping something she hasn’t actually planned.

Reactions: 10
I’m a newish swiftie so I admit I only ”follow” the theories and clowning from what I see here and if I see it on tik tok I just scroll past. I know for many fans deciphering her Easter eggs is part of the fun but I don’t get it, probably because I am new. Personally I cringe more at the multiple album releases with different covers and different songs.
Don’t get me wrong I think some of the theories are really good, and fair play to the people who come up with them, because I know I couldn’t. I just think it’s the people on Tiktok who use those theories over and over and twist everything Taylor does to suit their narrative that really grate on me. Like analysing everything she wears, what if she just finds an outfit cute? 😭 I said this on a video recently and the creator bit my head off saying ‘Okay come back to me at the end of the week when we’re all listening to Rep TV’ how can you be that confident? 😂

Oh yeah I think it’s actually got to the point where it’s ridiculous. Taylor started it all and now a certain sector of fans have clung to it and over play each time. I can’t be bothered with it all tbh and we get what get and I’m just very happy about it. I remember a time when the album cycles used to be every 2 years and it would be announced in normal ways, without the obsessive need to count how many lights flashed in a bracelet.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Don’t get me wrong I think some of the theories are really good, and fair play to the people who come up with them, because I know I couldn’t. I just think it’s the people on Tiktok who use those theories over and over and twist everything Taylor does to suit their narrative that really grate on me. Like analysing everything she wears, what if she just finds an outfit cute? 😭 I said this on a video recently and the creator bit my head off saying ‘Okay come back to me at the end of the week when we’re all listening to Rep TV’ how can you be that confident? 😂
Well that aged well!🤣
Swiftie tik tok irritate me. Poor Taylor can’t turn around and they are making a video.

• Haha
I’ve been thinking the same thing for a while now, the clowning and theories on TikTok have gotten out of control. It’s even more annoying because those people are using it to grow their following, so they latch onto mad out there things. The whole thing is exhausting and takes a bit of the fun out of things especially the rereleases. In a way Taylor has created a monster with the Easter eggs. On the one hand I’m sure it’s fun for her, but also when people are way off and expect even more from her it must be annoying for her.

And I’m really sorry, but she’s not announcing rep when 1989 just came out. She’s also not going to surprise drop it and miss out on all the preorders for vinyl variants. Girly is a capitalist Queen. Rep and 1989 would only competing against each other if she announced it now. There I said it!🙈

Reactions: 20
can only imagine what the inside of the stadium looked like if the street was like this. Gutted for people who will no longer be able to attend but everyone’s safety is far more important.

The Easter egg decoding can be a bit tedious, I agree, though I do like some of it. To me, the rep theory did make sense, announced last night for a Feb release (the black nail polish over 2 in the music video). The rerelease cycles are growing ever shorter and I think it’s really interesting that so far there’s been no word of a music video for 1989.

Editing just to say I wasn’t super pumped to see the surprise songs from night 1 but having seen clips of Labyrinth and the smile during “uh oh I’m falling in love” makes it so special.

Reactions: 7
At this point I get the vibe that the re-records will be pushed out without much promo to the general public other than the Eras Tour and her fandom pushing those re-records onto the charts

Reactions: 6
Well that aged well!🤣
Swiftie tik tok irritate me. Poor Taylor can’t turn around and they are making a video.
Now they’re all saying the new pink blazer and bodysuit means Rep TV is going to be pink! She would be mental to change the iconic black from the Rep era are they kidding themselves?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There's a thread on reddit right now discussing "your favourite ever Taylor Easter egg" and honestly reading it just makes you realise there have only been a handful and they were way more obvious than half these theories

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Now they’re all saying the new pink blazer and bodysuit means Rep TV is going to be pink! She would be mental to change the iconic black from the Rep era are they kidding themselves?! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yeah I call BS on that. Rep is black! By their insane logic Rep will be tracksuit bottoms too going by her Jet wear outfit.

Taylor would have to be insane to release Rep now and take all the shine off 1989 and has already been said miss out on all the pre orders she can get.

Reactions: 7
The pink theory started with the new outfit and it being linked to the spray paint used on the plane in the LWYMMD music video. She sprays ‘reputation’ on the plane in a similar bright pink, I get it’s a tenuous link. To me, it’s more a nod to “flamingo pink” which (I think) Taylor Nation as referenced when the photos were shared.

Reactions: 5
Ffs 😂 😂

on another note - how does everyone rank the bodysuits? We have blue and pink (1st pic), purple fringed (2nd), gold and blue (3rd) and just pink (4th).

mine would be
1. Pink and blue
2. Pink
3. Gold and blue
4. Purple fringe
She needs to burn the purple fringe one!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I personally don’t like any of them - all I see is camel toe. Although I think the 1st and 4th are the best out of bad options 🤣
---
Can the girl not just like pink? 🤣
NO - it must be a SIGN that only super dedicated swfities can decode.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.