Taylor Swift #24 Four down, two to go. Just her rep and her name to get back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that even though she writes the songs she can mentally change who it’s about as if she didn’t write it about a particular person.
apart from when she made Cardigan suddenly be about Matty “this ones for you” 🤢 I’m still recovering from that one, such a beautiful song for that mess of a man 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I feel like this is a safe space to announce this. Swifties are SO welcoming.

I am a new found Swiftie. You could almost say I have done a complete 180 - from being a Kanye apologist to a Swiftie. My husband is actually in disbelief of the change 🤦🏼‍♀️

BUT I got tickets today to the resale in Australia and I am so excited!! So please give me your tips. Does everyone make friendship bracelets? Do I need to learn every single album? I am a huge fan of Lover, 1989 and Reputation
Welcome! I’m also a new Swiftie! I’m so pleased you got tickets! That’s awesome!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Grammy nominations right now. Taylor nominated in all the usual:
Song of the year + record of the year (anti hero), album of the year (midnights), pop/duo performance (karma ft ice spice), pop vocal album (midnights), pop solo performance (anti hero)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Grammy nominations right now. Taylor nominated in all the usual:
Song of the year + record of the year (anti hero), album of the year (midnights), pop/duo performance (karma ft ice spice), pop vocal album (midnights), pop solo performance (anti hero)
I don't think Midnights deserves album of the year but I won't be surprised if it wins.

Reactions: 15
I don't think Midnights deserves album of the year but I won't be surprised if it wins.
Came to say this too! Also the Karma version with Ice Spice does not deserve a win.

Eta: I find the Grammys, and most awards, pretty boring tbh. Usually feels like the same people getting celebrated and isn't it all a bit corrupt? Don't know too much about it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I think out of the other nominees, Midnights deserves album of the year. It had a huge impact on the music industry. It’s not my fav Taylor album by any means but it’s good quality, but I won’t be disappointed if she didn’t win that. I believe ROTY / SOTY is hers tho

Reactions: 10
I think out of the other nominees, Midnights deserves album of the year. It had a huge impact on the music industry. It’s not my fav Taylor album by any means but it’s good quality, but I won’t be disappointed if she didn’t win that. I believe ROTY / SOTY is hers tho
Huge impact how? I'm not disagreeing just curious to hear your thoughts!

Don't kick me out 😂 but I am really not a fan of it and don't think it would have been as well received if it didn't have Taylor's name/fan base behind it. I do like a few of the songs but don't ever feel the urge to listen to it.

Reactions: 13

Don't kick me out 😂 but I am really not a fan of it and don't think it would have been as well received if it didn't have Taylor's name/fan base behind it. I do like a few of the songs but don't ever feel the urge to listen to it.
I listened in full today and forgot how much I loved it on release. I don't think it's as cohesive as some style /sound wise but I rate it. I don't know the other albums she's up against to make a comparison but I'd give it to Taylor ;)

I listened in full today and forgot how much I loved it on release. I don't think it's as cohesive as some style /sound wise but I rate it. I don't know the other albums she's up against to make a comparison but I'd give it to Taylor ;)
That's a point as I don't know all of the other albums either so can't really compare them to say which I think is deserving and that's the whole point that it's the best of a selection when I'm looking at it more generally, like it doesn't feel like an award winning album (to me, whose single opinion doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things 😂 ).

I'm not surprised it got nominated though and wouldn't be suprised if it wins. Have any of her albums not been nominated?

Reactions: 1
That's a point as I don't know all of the other albums either so can't really compare them to say which I think is deserving and that's the whole point that it's the best of a selection when I'm more looking at it like it more generally, like it doesn't feel like an award winning album (to me, whose single opinion doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things 😂 ).

I'm not surprised it got nominated though. Have any of her albums not been nominated?
Reputation wasnt, was it?

Reactions: 4
That's a point as I don't know all of the other albums either so can't really compare them to say which I think is deserving and that's the whole point that it's the best of a selection when I'm looking at it more generally, like it doesn't feel like an award winning album (to me, whose single opinion doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things 😂 ).

I'm not surprised it got nominated though and wouldn't be suprised if it wins. Have any of her albums not been nominated?
Taylor Swift, Speak Now, reputation and Lover

Too late, please see yourself out (kidding!)

I meant it broke a lot of records, was hugely popular, had chart longevity etc
It:
1. Broke the record for most streamed album in a day on Spotify
2. Sold 1.57m upon release
3. Had the largest vinyl sales week of the 21st century
4. Had 10 songs in the top 10 at once

So whilst it’s certainly not as strong as her other wins, I wouldn’t mind her taking it home (as opposed to albums like OG Red or Evermore which were nominated but they weren’t the best albums that year). I could see SZA taking it, or Jon Baptiste bc the Grammys love him
---
IMG_2436.jpeg
Here are the other nominees btw

I feel like after the first week of Midnights being out (which arguably was a big hit & broke records etc), it sort of fizzled out a little and then it was the tour that had the *huge* impact. I could be completely misremembering though!

Midnights is a weird one for me as it has some of my all time favourite songs of hers on it (YOYOK, The Great War) but the album as a whole is not in my top 3 albums of hers, maybe not even top 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I feel like after the first week of Midnights being out (which arguably was a big hit & broke records etc), it sort of fizzled out a little and then it was the tour that had the *huge* impact. I could be completely misremembering though!

Midnights is a weird one for me as it has some of my all time favourite songs of hers on it (YOYOK, The Great War) but the album as a whole is not in my top 3 albums of hers, maybe not even top 5.
You do make a good point. It would’ve carried on longer in the news and general public if it was the Midnights tour imo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.