Taylor Swift #10 It’s truly exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think Joe cheated she would have made more of a point about it…Joe ended it and Matt was the “haha I don’t need you (when I actually really miss you)” rebound guy
If Joe cheated she would’ve burned and effigy of him on stage or something, and would be acting the victim even more than she is already, let’s be real

Reactions: 16
If Joe cheated she would’ve burned and effigy of him on stage or something, and would be acting the victim even more than she is already, let’s be real
Taylor's new thing for a couple of years has been to seem powerful. Getting cheated on negates that.

Reactions: 1
Taylor's new thing for a couple of years has been to seem powerful. Getting cheated on negates that.
Maybe, but honestly there’s not much evidence that he cheated. Taylor has been hanging out with Matty since at least January and got very close very quickly. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d been together longer - I mean would anyone make an “I love you” declaration on stage two weeks into a relationship? Because even it’s a joke it’s still beyond weird.
The evidence that Joe cheated amounts to a picture of him on a scooter taken by a coworker, and a picture of said coworker staying at a well known New York hotel. The amount of tit Emma got from swifties over pure speculation was disturbing.
They were annoyed about Matty, but only because of his actions and not because of the monumental speed that Taylor was bleeping someone else

Reactions: 14
If he's dating Emma now... her sharing that pic of him in April and the Bowery post were designed to either provoke Taylor or get publicity for Emma and were neither accidental or cool

If he's dating Emma now then looks a lot more probable that he was weeks and weeks back immediately after news if the split broke

And a lot more likely that he cheated

With someone who was 15 when he started seeing Taylor

I think a LOT about Joe will come out.
Yeah I had a weird feeling about it ever since the Bowery post. I'd find it hard to believe she didn't know his pen name, and it felt a little too pointed.

Reactions: 4
My thoughts would be along the lines of after lockdown maybe they started drifting a bit, Maybe she wanted some guarantee he was in it long term, he didn’t want to marry so maybe it caused a lot of ?

I think when she started Midnights promo/touring promo maybe they decided to break up and the stuff with Matty was a rebound so she looked “over it”

I will say if Joe and Emma are dating the scooter and the Bowery hotel things are very immature. These people are adults.

Reactions: 5
My thoughts would be along the lines of after lockdown maybe they started drifting a bit, Maybe she wanted some guarantee he was in it long term, he didn’t want to marry so maybe it caused a lot of ?

I think when she started Midnights promo/touring promo maybe they decided to break up and the stuff with Matty was a rebound so she looked “over it”

I will say if Joe and Emma are dating the scooter and the Bowery hotel things are very immature. These people are adults.
If they are dating, Joe is clearly into immature and petty girls 🤣 the way Taylor had acted has been very immature also.

Yeah I had a weird feeling about it ever since the Bowery post. I'd find it hard to believe she didn't know his pen name, and it felt a little too pointed.
Wasn’t she a fan of Taylor too? So she would have definitely known

Wasn’t she a fan of Taylor too? So she would have definitely known
Doubtful on definite, I’m a fan and only found out from reading this thread. I don’t watch the docus or read up on articles generally.

Reactions: 8
Maybe, but honestly there’s not much evidence that he cheated. Taylor has been hanging out with Matty since at least January and got very close very quickly. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d been together longer - I mean would anyone make an “I love you” declaration on stage two weeks into a relationship? Because even it’s a joke it’s still beyond weird.
The evidence that Joe cheated amounts to a picture of him on a scooter taken by a coworker, and a picture of said coworker staying at a well known New York hotel. The amount of tit Emma got from swifties over pure speculation was disturbing.
They were annoyed about Matty, but only because of his actions and not because of the monumental speed that Taylor was bleeping someone else
I fancied a Matty type once (in my last year at school). He was very alternative, indifferent and cool. We kissed once for about 10 seconds (long sorry but it was a great (brief) kiss) and then I liked him on and off for over a year (had 2 boyfriends in between) but the timing was always messy and he never seemed that interested anyway.

Anyway, the summer after we finished school he decided to approach me on a night out to tell me he was in love with me. I was over it by then and tried to let him down gently but he insisted, told everyone around us that he loved me and then (honestly) asked me to marry him. I firmly believe he just thought he loved me because he had been jealous of the other blokes I was with. My point is, it can happen. This bloke was sooo laid back I didn't even think he liked me that much, never mind publicly declaring he was in love and proposing. It wasn't real but he definitely thought it was (and it really upset me).

Reactions: 1
I fancied a Matty type once (in my last year at school). He was very alternative, indifferent and cool. We kissed once for about 10 seconds (long sorry but it was a great (brief) kiss) and then I liked him on and off for over a year (had 2 boyfriends in between) but the timing was always messy and he never seemed that interested anyway.

Anyway, the summer after we finished school he decided to approach me on a night out to tell me he was in love with me. I was over it by then and tried to let him down gently but he insisted, told everyone around us that he loved me and then (honestly) asked me to marry him. I firmly believe he just thought he loved me because he had been jealous of the other blokes I was with. My point is, it can happen. This bloke was sooo laid back I didn't even think he liked me that much, never mind publicly declaring he was in love and proposing. It wasn't real but he definitely thought it was (and it really upset me).
It could do, but I feel like people are really projecting their lives onto Joe and Taylor when none of us really know anything, except that she publicly moved on first. At the end of the day, Taylor is in her mid 30s, and if she’s acting like a high schooler, then she needs to reassess. If my friends in their 30s were making declarations two weeks into a relationship, I’d take them to the side and check their sanity level.

I don’t think it’s fair how people are dragging this Emma girl and calling her immature when she has nothing on Taylor’s pettiness level. Or speculated that Joe cheated when Taylor is the one who was first publicly seeing someone (and also cheated on her last two partners).

Don’t get me wrong, I love Taylor, but she isn’t always the victim of everything. And she does have a history of being petty and disloyal in relationships

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
We don’t know it was 2 weeks in to their relationship that she was declaring she was in love 🥲 we just know how long it had been since she PUBLICLY broke up with Joe and then PUBLICLY was dating Matty.

We don’t know it was 2 weeks in to their relationship that she was declaring she was in love 🥲 we just know how long it had been since she PUBLICLY broke up with Joe and then PUBLICLY was dating Matty.
That was my point. That they’ve probably been together for much longer, and therefore if anyone cheated it was probably her

Reactions: 6
My point was that they could have mutually broken up way before and Joe could have already been seeing someone else too.

Reactions: 3
Oh definitely, I was more replying about people discussing that Joe cheated
I sometimes be on mumsnet (dirty word on here though) and any brief time I've spent on the relationships board has told me that there's no smoke without fire.

Yes Taylor's relationship with Matty was in poor taste, and she can be immature (don't they say celebs maturity depends on the age they got famous?) but the great-unfollowings indicate that she told them something bad and shocking about him and I doubt it's all lies.

In many ways this tour is maybe the right time for Taylor as she has very little time to host be at home and noticing he's not there.

Reactions: 3
I don't know how you can call someone petty or immature when you don't know what they've gone through.

It's a very oppressive thing this business of telling women that even if they're cheated on or treated badly that they shouldn't react.

You're allowed to be pissed off when someone breaks your heart. You're allowed to get drunk and have revenge sex. You're allowed to make bitchy comments about your ex. You're allowed to cry in public. You're allowed to claim momentarily that you were never that into him anyway. All that and more.

Taylor has behaved with a lot of dignity. I personally don't know any humans who could go on working in such a high pressure job with as little deviation from standards.

But so what if she hasn't? Judging a 33 year old woman whose just lost by far the longest romantic relationship of her life takes a special kind of patronising.

"I''d take my friends to one side and have a word if they behaved like that"....just makes you a judgey, u empathetic and overstepping person.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't know how you can call someone petty or immature when you don't know what they've gone through.

It's a very oppressive thing this business of telling women that even if they're cheated on or treated badly that they shouldn't react.

You're allowed to be pissed off when someone breaks your heart. You're allowed to get drunk and have revenge sex. You're allowed to make bitchy comments about your ex. You're allowed to cry in public. You're allowed to claim momentarily that you were never that into him anyway. All that and more.

Taylor has behaved with a lot of dignity. I personally don't know any humans who could go on working in such a high pressure job with as little deviation from standards.

But so what if she hasn't? Judging a 33 year old woman whose just lost by far the longest romantic relationship of her life takes a special kind of patronising.

"I''d take my friends to one side and have a word if they behaved like that"....just makes you a judgey, u empathetic and overstepping person.
100% this!!! Well said

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.