Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

disneys

VIP Member
I LOVE how active these threads are now ! I have no one in my real life who loves Taylor , it’s good to have an outlet

• Heart
Reactions: 23

sleepingpanda

VIP Member
Really don’t mean any disrespect to any American swifties on here but…back off!! Please! You’ve had all the best surprise songs, you had SN announcement, you had guests…let us have our moment

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I don't know how you can call someone petty or immature when you don't know what they've gone through.

It's a very oppressive thing this business of telling women that even if they're cheated on or treated badly that they shouldn't react.

You're allowed to be pissed off when someone breaks your heart. You're allowed to get drunk and have revenge sex. You're allowed to make bitchy comments about your ex. You're allowed to cry in public. You're allowed to claim momentarily that you were never that into him anyway. All that and more.

Taylor has behaved with a lot of dignity. I personally don't know any humans who could go on working in such a high pressure job with as little deviation from standards.

But so what if she hasn't? Judging a 33 year old woman whose just lost by far the longest romantic relationship of her life takes a special kind of patronising.

"I''d take my friends to one side and have a word if they behaved like that"....just makes you a judgey, u empathetic and overstepping person.
By take them to the side I meant check up on their mental health. One of my friends had a breakdown recently, and I’m the only person who noticed that her love bombing a new random guy after her break up was a sign that she was in fact, not okay.
Call me judgy all you like, but you don’t sound much better tbh if you’d just let your friends act in ways that are completely unlike them and that they’ll regret just because they’re hurt.
In my friends situation, the guy she was claiming to love was actually very much into her, and she hurt him a lot in the process. Being hurt isn’t a reason to hurt people and that’s why i said id take them to the side and have a chat.

Now I’m not saying this is her situation because none of us know her life, just explaining why I’d check up on a friend if they were suddenly declaring public “I love yous” so soon after a break up.

Taylor can shit talk her ex all she likes to her friends, but she weaponises her fans against her exes which isn’t okay. And you can’t claim it’s oppressive for me to say she shouldn’t weaponise her fan base. She knew exactly what she was doing by releasing “you’re losing me” so quickly. To aim the fire back at Joe when she was being criticised for dating someone highly controversial.

I mean just look at all the shit Joe and Emma have gotten from the fan base. It’s due to the way she has always leveraged her break ups and it’s just not okay. Weirdly though it’s okay for everyone to judge Joe and Emma but when someone criticises Taylor they’re “a judgey, unempathetic and overstepping person”.

I wouldn’t really say she’s behaved with dignity and she never has with breakups.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21

disneys

VIP Member
I think the next thread title should be

screaming, crying, throwing up

as this is how I’ve felt since the announcement 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20

QueenBW

VIP Member
Taylor was "winning" the breakup before Matty. Everyone was on her side. People were being mean to Joe. She literally didn't need to take control of the narrative for any reason other than a wounded ego, because she was coming off as the dumpee.

But she had everyone's support, she also knew that just like Joe had not spoken publicly about their relationship, he was extremely unlikely to do so about their breakup.

It was ego. You can be a fan and you can love her songs and you can sympathize with how hard an almost 7 year relationship breaking down is, how much harder it must be when you're so extremely famous. But come on. She really didn't have to do all she did to take control of the narrative.

Reactions: 20

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Lover came out in August 2019. Surely if Cruel Summer was your favourite song off Lover it would have been released as a single before Covid happened. 🤯

Reactions: 19

kyaraslife

Whoever said that Taylor acted in a dignified manner must have truly lost their marbles.

Dignity isn’t a word I will associate with her.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I imagine the reality is that Joe told her he didn’t see a future with her, or that he no longer loved her, and that would feel like a betrayal, especially with how she’s always painted him in the best light possible and give it her all during their relationship.
I think if he cheated on her, she definitely would’ve alluded to it already in “your losing me”

Reactions: 18

ls240898

VIP Member
Me one week ago: Taylor just wants money, she loves capitalism, she’s ridiculous
Me now: take my money my capitalist queen!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Joy, McJoy. Received my Midnights confirmation. Where will I be at 10am on 10th July? On a sodding plane to Florida. This is not going to please the 16 year old Swiftie in the house.
Just before the flight start a rumour that there's something wrong with the left philange on the plane.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Yupyupyup

VIP Member
Personally I don’t think Joe would have spoke out if she hadn’t antagonised his with the song. He’s made it very obvious he’s a private person and was probably dying to just get on with this on the down-low but instead got called basically poor and jealous of her fame, a cheater, and then a noncommittal arsehole for not wanting to marry her. All he’s said about her is she’s acting embarrassing AFTER all of that has been said about him. He reacted a lot better than I would that’s for sure 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
10th thread... We are rattling through these.

He-who-shall-not-be-named is gone, Joe is embarrassed, we're all still a bit confused and Taylor is still touring.

More international dates TBA (which may or may not include Dublin this Sept). We're all a bit stressed about getting tickets and the best secret songs.

Waffleandlies

To bring my own level of TayTay relationship drama - my partner has suggested ringing buying tickets for my birthday given the dates align with my birthday now/next year- trying to politely suggest we get them in my name/I get them and he just gives me the cash as to put it bluntly- I don’t want him holding that insurance policy over me when he’s already on thin ice.😂 Will throw up if we break up and he takes someone else 🥲😂

• Haha

Folkevermore

VIP Member
I don’t think Joe cheated she would have made more of a point about it…Joe ended it and Matt was the “haha I don’t need you (when I actually really miss you)” rebound guy
If Joe cheated she would’ve burned and effigy of him on stage or something, and would be acting the victim even more than she is already, let’s be real

Reactions: 16