Taylor Swift #10 It’s truly exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know how you can call someone petty or immature when you don't know what they've gone through.

It's a very oppressive thing this business of telling women that even if they're cheated on or treated badly that they shouldn't react.

You're allowed to be pissed off when someone breaks your heart. You're allowed to get drunk and have revenge sex. You're allowed to make bitchy comments about your ex. You're allowed to cry in public. You're allowed to claim momentarily that you were never that into him anyway. All that and more.

Taylor has behaved with a lot of dignity. I personally don't know any humans who could go on working in such a high pressure job with as little deviation from standards.

But so what if she hasn't? Judging a 33 year old woman whose just lost by far the longest romantic relationship of her life takes a special kind of patronising.

"I''d take my friends to one side and have a word if they behaved like that"....just makes you a judgey, u empathetic and overstepping person.
By take them to the side I meant check up on their mental health. One of my friends had a breakdown recently, and I’m the only person who noticed that her love bombing a new random guy after her break up was a sign that she was in fact, not okay.
Call me judgy all you like, but you don’t sound much better tbh if you’d just let your friends act in ways that are completely unlike them and that they’ll regret just because they’re hurt.
In my friends situation, the guy she was claiming to love was actually very much into her, and she hurt him a lot in the process. Being hurt isn’t a reason to hurt people and that’s why i said id take them to the side and have a chat.

Now I’m not saying this is her situation because none of us know her life, just explaining why I’d check up on a friend if they were suddenly declaring public “I love yous” so soon after a break up.

Taylor can tit talk her ex all she likes to her friends, but she weaponises her fans against her exes which isn’t okay. And you can’t claim it’s oppressive for me to say she shouldn’t weaponise her fan base. She knew exactly what she was doing by releasing “you’re losing me” so quickly. To aim the fire back at Joe when she was being criticised for dating someone highly controversial.

I mean just look at all the tit Joe and Emma have gotten from the fan base. It’s due to the way she has always leveraged her break ups and it’s just not okay. Weirdly though it’s okay for everyone to judge Joe and Emma but when someone criticises Taylor they’re “a judgey, unempathetic and overstepping person”.

I wouldn’t really say she’s behaved with dignity and she never has with breakups.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Nah, Matty was a look-at-me rebound. Designed purely to give Joe the middle finger.

I think Joe checked out long ago and was giving her nothing back, so they agreed on some time out (we were on a break style). He either cheated or had Emma lined up as soon as she went on tour.
Yep yep yep

this lines up with what Deux Moi has reported . They agreed to have a break over the tour , and then Joe betrayed her (she didn’t say cheating , and said she hadnt Heard that , but wasn’t out of realm of possibility) and she decided to end it for good and that’s when all the unfollowing / pap walks / press leaks / Matty stuff started to
Happen

Reactions: 3
I imagine the reality is that Joe told her he didn’t see a future with her, or that he no longer loved her, and that would feel like a betrayal, especially with how she’s always painted him in the best light possible and give it her all during their relationship.
I think if he cheated on her, she definitely would’ve alluded to it already in “your losing me”

Reactions: 18
I imagine the reality is that Joe told her he didn’t see a future with her, or that he no longer loved her, and that would feel like a betrayal, especially with how she’s always painted him in the best light possible and give it her all during their relationship.
I think if he cheated on her, she definitely would’ve alluded to it already in “your losing me”
Hmm maybe , but would that then make you see red and get all your mates to unfollow him , and announce the break up to the whole world ? I don’t think so . It would be hurtful but the woman scorned actions don’t add up to that imo

also you’re losing me is just one song , about a moment in time in their relationship (we assume) . It’s not the entire story imo . This could have been from the “things are hard, let’s take a break” stage …

I don’t think we can say “well she didn’t say that in you’re losing me so it can’t be true” …it’s a bit reductionist . That’s one song , it’s never going to give the whole picture .

Reactions: 6
Hmm maybe , but would that then make you see red and get all your mates to unfollow him , and announce the break up to the whole world ? I don’t think so . It would be hurtful but the woman scorned actions don’t add up to that imo

also you’re losing me is just one song , about a moment in time in their relationship (we assume) . It’s not the entire story imo . This could have been from the “things are hard, let’s take a break” stage …

I don’t think we can say “well she didn’t say that in you’re losing me so it can’t be true” …it’s a bit reductionist . That’s one song , it’s never going to give the whole picture .
I’m not ruling out the possibility, but Taylor has used the woman scorned thing as a mechanism before in break ups.
There’s zero evidence that Joe cheated, but plausible evidence that there was some overlap between Joe and Matty, considering how fast everything moved there. Given the spotlight on Taylor’s life, I’d imagine she’d wait more than a few weeks before going public with a relationship. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started seeing each other much earlier in the year.
Everything we’ve seen is only one side of this, and it’s easy to blame Joe but Taylor has a history of cheating

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I’m not ruling out the possibility, but Taylor has used the woman scorned thing as a mechanism before in break ups.
There’s zero evidence that Joe cheated, but plausible evidence that there was some overlap between Joe and Matty, considering how fast everything moved there. Given the spotlight on Taylor’s life, I’d imagine she’d wait more than a few weeks before going public with a relationship. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started seeing each other much earlier in the year.
Everything we’ve seen is only one side of this, and it’s easy to blame Joe but Taylor has a history of cheating
Purely from the marriage line I think it’s been down to her asking him why there’s no ring yet and him telling her he doesn’t see that in their future, the friends unfollowing could easily be from something like that too. Seems childish but also plausible.

[Next part is general and unrelated to anyone particular/defo not aimed at you!]
I sometimes think fans love to jump on the “how dare you all say this about a WOMAN!!!:mad::mad:”defence far too quickly. Do we as women get a lot more tit for acting out of line? Unfortunately, yeah. But acting out of line is still acting out of line at the end of the day. This “we shouldn‘t judge!!!” Just because she’s a woman in a high pressure job is absolutely nonsense and honestly kind of funny to say on a gossip forum when the majoroty of us are probably in other threads judging others🤣. I love Taylor, have for well over a decade, but that doesn’t excuse her from acting like an absolute embarrassment sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Purely from the marriage line I think it’s been down to her asking him why there’s no ring yet and him telling her he doesn’t see that in their future, the friends unfollowing could easily be from something like that too. Seems childish but also plausible.
I 100% think the marriage thing was a huge part of this, especially after she put songs like paper rings on Lover and then years later it seemed her relationship didn’t move forward the way she expected.
If he lead her on about marriage and then told her that he didn’t want that, it would feel like the ultimate betrayal, especially after how long she was with him. I’d be destroyed if my partner did that.
Would probably feel worse than cheating to be honest

Reactions: 10
i’m just going off Deux Moi’s theory which I think is the most plausible , which stated a Joe betrayal . Deux MoI doesn’t think Joe cheated and I don’t either , but I think he betrayed her , DM’s theory is that Taylor heard that Joe was publicly talking to people about the break from her circles and was talking about it as if it were finite . She then hit the roof as they were meant to keep it private to avoid it getting out - apparently they’d had breaks in the past and managed it & she felt betrayed by his indiscretion , which I personally believe is plausible

but idk , I know Taylor has cheated in the past but I don’t think she cheated on him with Matty . I think the Matty stuff was fast , but I’m not convinced there was overlap this time . I think she loved and respected Joe too much for that & did really want it to work out , cheating burns all bridges . She had 0 respect for Calvin at the end - it’s a totally different situation … although I guess I could see a Ross / Rachel “we were on a break” scenario playing out here

Reactions: 7
[Next part is general and unrelated to anyone particular/defo not aimed at you!]
I sometimes think fans love to jump on the “how dare you all say this about a WOMAN!!!:mad::mad:”defence far too quickly. Do we as women get a lot more tit for acting out of line? Unfortunately, yeah. But acting out of line is still acting out of line at the end of the day. This “we shouldn‘t judge!!!” Just because she’s a woman in a high pressure job is absolutely nonsense and honestly kind of funny to say on a gossip forum when the majoroty of us are probably in other threads judging others🤣. I love Taylor, have for well over a decade, but that doesn’t excuse her from acting like an absolute embarrassment sometimes.
I think if you don’t want to listen to people gossip and judge this definitely isn’t the right place to be, there’s a reason why some people think tattle is the most toxic place of on the internet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think if you don’t want to listen to people gossip and judge this definitely isn’t the right place to be, there’s a reason why some people think tattle is the most toxic place of on the internet 🤣
Some people definitely aren’t cut out for the site that’s for sure 🤣

If they'd agreed to be on a break while she toured, and she saw it kind of as a "he'll think about things, get a chance to miss me, and be back begging me to marry him" thing, and then she found out that instead of missing her he was going around telling people he was single/they'd broken up, I'd understand seeing red.

This is all speculation, but she seems to get validation externally and also to be obsessed with controlling her public image. If Joe had gone against the official party line, he would have directly attacked those two things and could have caused the chain reaction we saw of squad, Matty, "never happier in all aspects of my life", YLM.

Reactions: 12
But so what if she hasn't? Judging a 33 year old woman whose just lost by far the longest romantic relationship of her life takes a special kind of patronising.
this bit!! if she is a "normal person", shes probably reacting normally to a long term break up, which is so intense. i couldn't go out for a walk, never mind a world tour.

Reactions: 5
I just want to add, people keep saying she weaponises fans against her ex’s but it’s really hard not to do when you write songs about your life. Maybe YLM was too fast or maybe also she wanted to take control of the narrative a bit but some of her best songs have come out of breaks ups, if she was releasing happy songs like Me! it’d be more concerning.
She’s done some stuff on stage which seemed pointed too I guess but at no point has said it’s about Joe, people just read in to things how they choose to read in to them

I definitely fall into the category of agreeing that the Matty thing was questionable, icky and too soon, but thinking that Taylor is going through the biggest break up of her life and having to perform to hundreds of thousands of people every week at the same time.

Her choices of secret songs definitely point to the ones about Joe just being too painful to sing about. The ones on the main set list are different. She's not as vulnerable there. She moved on quickly and the public declarations were weird but that definitely looked like it was Matty's idea. From the way he has behaved I really wouldn't be surprised if he genuinely thinks he's in love with her. Even the interviews regarding her in the past were a bit mentionitisy (yes that's a word).

I married my only LTR, but I've also made some bad choices when it comes to men in the past. If I had come out of a LTR I dread to think what cringey af thing I would have done (especially if I thought my ex had moved on with a much younger woman). When folklore first came out my favourite song was MTR because I really identified with the line "I didn't have it in myself to go with grace" because sometimes I just don't. I'll tolerate so much until I just think "nah" and say exactly what is on my mind or do something petty. It often works to my advantage in fairness, but people find it shocking sometimes.

My point being I literally can't imagine how I would cope with the attention if I were Taylor. I don't think You're losing me is particularly damning for Joe. I see the "he wouldn't marry me" admission as something that would be very very hard to admit actually and not something you'd normally want everyone and their dog knowing. Taylor has pretty much spent 5 years telling us how much she loves this man, he is the one for her, he is more than enough and how she didn't want to lose him. But now she has. She wasn't enough for him, or maybe she was too much for him. I see releasing that song as kinda shutting down the speculation a bit. She was worried he'd tire of her and look, he did. It was gradual and they both saw it coming.

We also don't know the timing of You're Losing Me. Yes it sounds very recent. But imagine they had broken up in the middle of writing for midnights and she wrote that. There's NO WAY she could have put it on the album then if they'd gotten back together in the interim.

I personally don't believe she cheated but we don't know either way. Yes we know she hung out with Matty for one night in Jan but that could have just been a seed sowing/flirting/spark/friends/drunk occasion. Or maybe she was trying to make Joe jealous. Or maybe they were on a break back then. Or maybe they've been having a dirty side thing since he worked on midnights. Or maybe she agreed to appear at his concert because their collab didn't make it onto midnights and she felt bad. We don't know.

Reactions: 8
If they'd agreed to be on a break while she toured, and she saw it kind of as a "he'll think about things, get a chance to miss me, and be back begging me to marry him" thing, and then she found out that instead of missing her he was going around telling people he was single/they'd broken up, I'd understand seeing red.

This is all speculation, but she seems to get validation externally and also to be obsessed with controlling her public image. If Joe had gone against the official party line, he would have directly attacked those two things and could have caused the chain reaction we saw of squad, Matty, "never happier in all aspects of my life", YLM.
Yes 100% agreed , I think this is plausible !

All of the declarations of her love for him in songs and interviews etc, getting him a Grammy and he never did the same. I know he couldn’t have got her a Grammy but when you see interviews where he is asked about her it’s like he wants to swerve the questions.
I feel like YLM just sort of confirms he wasn’t giving her the same back, even in private. If Matty came along and was giving her all of the stuff Joe hadn’t been for years, like public displays of affection then I don’t blame her for moving to fast, it wasn’t the right thing to do but I can see how it happened

I just want to add, people keep saying she weaponises fans against her ex’s but it’s really hard not to do when you write songs about your life. Maybe YLM was too fast or maybe also she wanted to take control of the narrative a bit but some of her best songs have come out of breaks ups, if she was releasing happy songs like Me! it’d be more concerning.
She’s done some stuff on stage which seemed pointed too I guess but at no point has said it’s about Joe, people just read in to things how they choose to read in to them
It’s the part about taking control of the narrative though. She knows Joe isn’t gonna speak out on it. She didn’t need to “control the narrative” on Joe at that point, the controversy around her break up was nothing with Joe and everything to do with her going very public very fast with an alleged racist and misogynist. Plenty of people rebound but she made the point to do it in the public eye, and it backfired because she expected everyone to be like “wow look at that strong woman who gives no fucks” but instead it blew up in her face. Youre losing me was strategically released to deflect from that. The timing made that obvious. She wanted the speculation back on Joe. It’s no coincidence, Taylor knows exactly what she’s doing and she’s pretty smart when it comes to stuff like this. Getting all of her friends to be seen with her in public and then have them immediately unfollow Joe is another aspect of this. She knew it would drive speculation than he wronged her.

Plenty of musicians release songs about their lives without it being like this. I think part of the issue is the songs have always been very specific and she loves putting out Easter eggs alluding to who it’s about, and fans eat that tit up and speculate harder. You can even see it on here, where people are convinced Joe was cheating despite no evidence, but Taylor moves on fast and yet apparently there’s no way she’d have been the one to cheat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I don't think her cheating on Calvin or Tom is solid proof that she would or did cheat on Joe. She wasn't in love with either of them and Calvin totally disrespected her. She might have done, definitely, but it doesn't ring true to me personally.

Saying that Joe wasn't going to speak out on it isn't accurate because he obviously has (admittedly after the song) and it looks like the breakup came from him too. Yes the timing of the YLM may have been to deflect from her but it could also have been to deflect from Matty. In many ways he's the one who has received the most hate regarding it, whether deserved or not. Taylor probably felt very bad about that because she was the catalyst for it.

What I meant by shutting down the narrative was also the constant comments of "it'll all be on her next album". Can you imagine how big the build up to TS11 would have been without YLM? I kinda personally hope she does a folklore and makes her next work less about her own life.

I definitely don't 'approve' of how she has behaved but it's not my life. I just think what she has gone through since March is a lot for anyone to have to cope with (and publicly). Joe has the protection of optional privacy that she couldn't have had with the timing of the tour.

I also am not confident that there's no proof that he cheated... Again we don't know but things are adding up a bit for me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.