Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I’m really enjoying this series! I actually love this cast. Nick Mohammed is so cute ☺

also this might be a dumb question, but is the trophy the head of the taskmaster from Australia?!
The trophies are all localised to match their respective Taskmaster, so for the original UK Taskmaster it’s Greg’s head 🙂

Reactions: 3

Willow9999

Just thinking aloud while I’m battling yet another flu bug type thing of my best/ worst/ dream contestants.
Top 3: Mike Wozniak, Bob Mortimer, James
Acaster ( honourable mention to Mawaan Rizwan)
Bottom 2: Ian Stirling, Russell Howard, any of Morgana, Victoria CM. Sarah Kendall
Dream signing: Richard Ayoade, Diane Morgan, Pierre Novelli ( Kathy Burke has ruled herself out as has Jack Dee otherwise they’d be on the list)
Probably forgotten loads who could go on any of the lists. John and/ or Joanne could definitely end up on the least favourite by the end of this series

mindlessness

VIP Member
Like some others I know & like John from listening to his radio show with Elis (though I preferred it back in the radio X days) so his competitiveness doesn't bother me much. He and Alex also also very endearing on their shared youtube channel about golf. But I can totally see finding him irritating too.

I do think there's not as much camaraderie as some other seasons (I loved S9 for that, complete with Baddiel pissing Ed off, and Rose and Ed's competitiveness, and Katie Wix and Jo Brand just having fun). I think its likely a hard thing to cast for, because you don't really know if it's going to work all five together until you're filming with the studio audience.

Jellybean79

VIP Member
I’m not keen on the line up for the next series so I think it has helped me make my mind up to sit this one out.

Jusa

VIP Member
This is the leaked line-up, according to cookd & bombed:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁
If number 5 is on it then I won't be able to watch it

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
One of the end of the show tasks was a team task too, where they had to name film titles. I’m not really feeling it this series either. I like Sophie and nick, I don’t mind the rest but there doesn’t seem to be much chemistry between all of them in the studio. The tasks have been just ok too, no stand outs so far.

Aussie

VIP Member
Plus he’s wildly competitive and v pedantic so I think we’re going to see that play out a lot in the series which should make for entertaining viewing.

The show has been running for ages, not sure how you can’t expect people, esp in the industry, to have not seen it?
I quite like it when fans of the show participate in it, it's good viewing!

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I don't mind competent contestants who find loopholes in general but it's just too frequent in John's case imho. When it's every second task, I just groan because it has very little entertainment value to me. I felt the same about Mae. Even in the creative egg task, I just felt like I was watching a lesser version of Ed's chickpea movie.
Someone who got the perfect balance was Dara to me. Lots of lateral thinking but then there were tasks where he just fully leaned into his role as an entertainer and went for the joke instead of the points.
I'm dreading the day when a task like the "find the ducks" one in 13x01 becomes just 5 people drawing ducks on paper instead of 5 contestants going crazy in a room looking for them.
Completely agree, getting a bit annoyed with John now tbh, it doesn't make great or entertaining TV unlike someone like Sophie or Steve. I really hope John doesn't win.

qwikti

Chatty Member
They are usually leaked on cookdandbombd or reddit

Joanne McNally
Nick Mohammed
Sophie Willan
John Robins
Steve Pemberton
Genuinely haven't heard of any of these people, and I feel like I usually know 2 or 3 by name alone?

I was late to the prev series, but I adored Lucy on the show, which seemed to be an unpopular opinion in the prev thread. 🤷‍♀️ I find absurdist female comics tend to get a lot more of the 'it's all an act! booo' remarks than their male counterparts, but I don't care if it's an act, I found her to be perfect for the show.

I need more of s16 type contestants, less people who just try to take the task too seriously and consequently are the most forgettable (like Sarah Kendall).