Taskmaster #2 Are you a child of divorce?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TT courtesy of the lovely Sam Campbell from the most liked post last thread.

Last night NYT 4 aired in the UK, and next up we've got CoC 3 in which Kiell Smith-Bynoe will stand in for Mae Martin who was unable to make filming.

Reactions: 5
Sorry if this was on the last thread. Uploaded and promptly deleted by Nick Mohammed! (Comedian, also Nate in Ted Lasso) - I would be over the moon if he's on the next series!!
I thought I already knew this, just scrolled back through the last thread and it had been leaked early in the last series, I wasn't going mad 😂

Where do I find the list of leaked contestants for series 17? Sure I’ve seen three so might as well find out who the other two are!!

They are usually leaked on cookdandbombd or reddit

Joanne McNally
Nick Mohammed
Sophie Willan
John Robins
Steve Pemberton

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this was on the last thread. Uploaded and promptly deleted by Nick Mohammed! (Comedian, also Nate in Ted Lasso) - I would be over the moon if he's on the next series!!
Haha yes i posted in the last thread about this. Found his ‘retraction’ post v funny.

I don't understand why they had a 14 year old kid on NYT. Trying to merge with junior Taskmaster or something? Not a fan. Felt like it would have been much better with no children present... e.g. are you really telling me no one called Alex a bleep in the poppadum task?

Thank you @Toffee finger - looking forward to S17 now!!

Also, have just read the whole previous thread, as I didn’t know there was a Taskmaster thread here! I’m a big fan.

So happy that Kiell is on CoC instead of Mae. Love Kiell, found Mae too boring and competitive.

Reactions: 6
I don't understand why they had a 14 year old kid on NYT. Trying to merge with junior Taskmaster or something? Not a fan. Felt like it would have been much better with no children present... e.g. are you really telling me no one called Alex a bleep in the poppadum task?
I thought this too and tbh it put me off watching. Taskmaster has always been an adult show, don't need it being invaded by children. His inclusion will have been a box ticking activity.

Reactions: 6
I think that it was still fine as it was on the New Years Treat episode and not on a full series. You can play around with things with a one-off that you can't easily do on a regular series of TM. And maybe they don't do it again with a kid, but I don't blame them for trying. He wasn't bad at all by any stretch of the imagination.

Reactions: 9
Just saw the advert for Champion of Champions and it said ‘starts’ on 14th Jan - is there more than one episode? I hope so - the more Kiell the better!!!

Reactions: 2
Just saw the advert for Champion of Champions and it said ‘starts’ on 14th Jan - is there more than one episode? I hope so - the more Kiell the better!!!
Ooooohhhh. I thought they were usually one off specials.

I want Kiell to win - King Kiell

They are usually leaked on cookdandbombd or reddit

Joanne McNally
Nick Mohammed
Sophie Willan
John Robins
Steve Pemberton
Genuinely haven't heard of any of these people, and I feel like I usually know 2 or 3 by name alone?

I was late to the prev series, but I adored Lucy on the show, which seemed to be an unpopular opinion in the prev thread. 🤷‍♀️ I find absurdist female comics tend to get a lot more of the 'it's all an act! booo' remarks than their male counterparts, but I don't care if it's an act, I found her to be perfect for the show.

I need more of s16 type contestants, less people who just try to take the task too seriously and consequently are the most forgettable (like Sarah Kendall).

Reactions: 3
Genuinely haven't heard of any of these people, and I feel like I usually know 2 or 3 by name alone?

I was late to the prev series, but I adored Lucy on the show, which seemed to be an unpopular opinion in the prev thread. 🤷‍♀️ I find absurdist female comics tend to get a lot more of the 'it's all an act! booo' remarks than their male counterparts, but I don't care if it's an act, I found her to be perfect for the show.

I need more of s16 type contestants, less people who just try to take the task too seriously and consequently are the most forgettable (like Sarah Kendall).
You've never heard of
Steve Pemberton?[\spoiler] He has been in so many tv shows
Benidorm, The League of Gentlemen, Psychoville, Inside Number 9, Whitechapel, Happy Valley series 1 [\spoiler] to name just a few

Reactions: 2
They should do a ‘legends’ one off episode. I’d choose Mike Wozniak, Rylan, Jenny Eclair, Sian Gibson and …. Probably Kiell.

Who would everyone else choose?

Reactions: 4