Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Noooo please not Rosie Jones
It’s so difficult with Rosie Jones as the representation and diversity she brings is great - we definitely need more people with disabilities on screen. However, she’s pegged as a comedian and she’s just not funny. It’s got nothing to do with her disability, she just isn’t funny - not everyone is and that’s ok. She did a tv show a while ago called Trip Hazard where she travelled the UK with a different celeb pal each week and found out about somewhere new - I loved it! She was a decent presenter and bounced well off her celeb friend each week. But put her on panel shows etc and she just isn’t funny. I don’t think her being on TM will cause me to not watch the next series but the chaos that will undoubtedly ensue if anyone dares say she’s not funny will seriously put me off. Other comedians get criticised for not being funny all the time and no one bats an eyelid but the world goes into chaos when someone with a disability gets criticised for the same thing. It’s madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

CausticYoda

Nick’s delight in the chocolate biscuit and not being bothered about turning over all the cards v. John’s Uber competitive humourless efforts illustrate perfectly why Nick and Sophie are the real winners.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Totally agree with the Lou/Iain comment. Loved Joe Thomas though, and him and Sian as a team were so funny.
Joe was great. Perpetually bewildered.
One of my favourite series is still S7 with Rhod Gilbert and James Acaster. The whole cast seemed to have a lot of fun.

Reactions: 16

GiveMeFreebies

VIP Member
Controversial but I love Joanne - the MTGM podcast with vogue was recommended to me (I never liked vogue) and they are hilarious. Completely changed my mind about vogue. I think if you don’t know Joanne already then she probably doesn’t seem as funny whereas when you are 2 years into regularly listening to her, she is hilarious. The face is just lip filler + amount of Botox & Morpheus she’s had. Sophie grew on me - felt like her casting was Greg doing a mate a favour at the beginning. John is best mates with Alex so that explains that casting.

The disappointment that RJ is going to be in the next series has completely cancelled out the excitement of Jack Dee being on it. I really hope that we’ll see a different side to her and she’s actually entertaining, however currently I just find her completely unfunny with a thin skin and nasty streak, which is a bad combination for a comedian on social media.

Reactions: 15

orangehead

VIP Member
I like Sophie, nick and Steve. I can’t warm to John and Joanne and I feel like they hardly interact with the others. I think if Sophie nick and Steve were a team it would be funny and I feel sorry for Sophie stuck on a team with John and Joanne.

Jellybean79

VIP Member
They churn out the next series far too quickly in my opinion. Give me time to miss it and look forward to the new series. Currently I’m just bored of it.

HoGi

VIP Member
I'm gutted that Jack Dee is on the same series as Rosie Jones.

He has potential to be my favourite ever contestant and she will ruin the series for me.

wkdlass

It would have been so much better if Sophie, Nick and Steve had been together in the task. I loved that those 3 all dressed up fancy tonight. You can tell they got on really well.

Reactions: 14

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I really enjoyed the genuine happiness between Steve and Sophie when she got 5 points last night

Reactions: 13

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I really don't think I'm going to be able to watch the next series, I just don't find her funny, and I can't stand her
It's very disappointing it is actually confirmed.
I think what annoys me is not her not being funny - lots of supposed comedians aren't funny - but the way if anyone criticises her she says it's because they are ableist. Couldn't just possibly be she isn't remotely funny?
I'll give her a go though. I quite liked her on House of Games.

mee43

VIP Member
I won’t give up on it but this is one of those series where I’ve found myself only half watching.
It really does rely so heavily on the line up; this has to rank as one of the “flat”runs; not much banter between the team, a few of them not putting much effort into the tasks.
I like Steve Pemberton, and Nick Mohammed seems sweet, but there have been really few laugh out loud moments.
I watched the snowman episode again the other day, where Paul Choudry made the ice rabbit 😂 - and it just highlights what a difference it makes when they get a group of people who get the spirit of the show right.

ETA - have just looked at the next line up 🫤