Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Willow9999

I agree with your top 3, but missing Kiell!! And Ivo!!! Top 5?
[/QUOTI loved them too! I’ve got such a soft spot for Ivo. Nish would be another one for the worst thinking about it !
I agree with your top 3, but missing Kiell!! And Ivo!!! Top 5?
I loved them too! I’ve got such a soft spot for Ivo. Nish would be another one for the worst thinking about it !
---
I think it’s really hard to predict who’d be good or not.

I had high hopes for Victoria Coren Mitchell, Richard Herring, and Lee Mack, but they were rather disappointing. And I thought I’d be irritated by Chris Ramsey as I imagined he’d be too ‘try hard’ but he turned out to be brilliant. And, of all people, who’d have guessed that Shirley Ballas would be utterly hilarious? 🤷‍♀️
Ooh I forgot about Richard Herring. Definitely on the bottom! I really enjoyed Rylan and Adrian Chiles from the New Year ones. Shirley definitely has a wicked side.
Yes Jack Dee has said he wouldn’t. Alex said he’s asked him loads of times. Maybe he’ll relent eventually!

Reactions: 4

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
I've just googled John and found this clip from a few months ago about how he feels being just over a year into sobriety. He makes some brilliant, insightful comments about how the longer he's sober, the more he has to remind himself of why drinking was so bad (recovery's such a difficult, ongoing process) but for some reason I just found the way he made those comments really irritating 😅 I think he just lacks the ability to be really engaging when he talks, like he thinks what he's saying is so important that it speaks for itself and he doesn't need to be warm or self-depricating to make the audience feel he's talking to them.

(Side note, but I've just realised who Elis James is and I loved him in Josh - I hope he does Taskmaster one day!)

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
They should do a ‘legends’ one off episode. I’d choose Mike Wozniak, Rylan, Jenny Eclair, Sian Gibson and …. Probably Kiell.

Who would everyone else choose?

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I was crying with laughter at Sophie trying to hoopla, I've not seen Alma's not Normal and didn't know who she was. When I saw the line up announced with a photo, I thought she was Rachael Stirling (actress from The Detectorists, Diana Rigg's daughter).

Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Aussie

VIP Member
I think that John Robbins is going to be one of those contestants that is very clued up on past series and hoovers up points but I’m not going to warm to.
Saw Mike Wozniak live a few months ago and he was every bit as brilliant as I hoped he’d be 😊
You could tell he's watched previous series as he checked under the table on the egg task!

Willow9999

I'd quite like to see Ross Noble on it (although I can't remember if he lives in the UK or Australia now).
Went to see his stand up recently and it was exhausting trying to keep up with his tangents! Says he won’t get tested for ADHD but the way his delivery is like an internal batshit monologue testing seems unnecessary! He overran massively. So much so that everyone had to leg it to the car parks before they shut!

• Wow
  • Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
I’ve been putting Elis-And-Isy-As-The-First-Couple-Competing-Against-Each-Other-(I think)-On-Taskmaster out into the universe ever since I realised how great it would be a couple of weeks ago
Oh they'd be lots of fun on the show I think! A great call.
They'd be the second couple now Elis' fellow Welshman Lloyd Langford is on the Aus one with his partner Anne Edmonds. I believe also on one of the European versions there's been a couple where one was the taskmasters assistant? But I forget which version.
(and in S1 of NZ, the taskmaster's assistant Paul Williams is the brother of Guy Williams, one of the contestants).

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I'm quite enjoying this lineup so far, apart from maybe Steve Pemberton. But I'll give him a couple episodes. Turns out I do actually recognise Sophie and Nick from things so it's only Joanne I don't actually know at all.

And I've always strangely kinda fancied John Robbins. 😆 So I'm liking that he's on this series.

Boblebob

VIP Member
This is the leaked line-up, according to cookd & bombed:

Andy Zaltzman
Babatunde Aléshé
Emma Sidi
Jack Dee
Rosie Jones

I’ve only heard of two of them, and I cannot abide one of those, so given how dull this series has been when I like 3/5 of the contestants, I might not bother with the next one.🙁
Oh god not Rosie Jones, she is normally insufferable

DrLoomis

Loved the first episode. I think it is going to be a good season.

I hope we see more of Peg Mavis :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

Madeofeyes

Chatty Member
I definitely thought Sophie was older. She gave me Jenny eclair type vibes. Pretty surprised she’s in her 30s 🙈

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Just thinking aloud while I’m battling yet another flu bug type thing of my best/ worst/ dream contestants.
Top 3: Mike Wozniak, Bob Mortimer, James
Acaster ( honourable mention to Mawaan Rizwan)
Bottom 2: Ian Stirling, Russell Howard, any of Morgana, Victoria CM. Sarah Kendall
Dream signing: Richard Ayoade, Diane Morgan, Pierre Novelli ( Kathy Burke has ruled herself out as has Jack Dee otherwise they’d be on the list)
Probably forgotten loads who could go on any of the lists. John and/ or Joanne could definitely end up on the least favourite by the end of this series
Oh has Jack Dee said he won't do it? That's a shame.
No idea if he'd do it but John Cooper Clarke would be brilliant I think. He's very droll.

orangehead

VIP Member
That task was my favourite task for a long time. I cried laughing! It just kept getting better and better. Well Nick and Steve’s attempt anyways. The only bit of the other team I laughed at was Sophie saying umbrella constantly.
She wasn’t even trying to hide it at the end and just shouted umbrella any time someone walked past her 😂

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I don't know Joanne from anything other than Taskmaster, I'm finding it a little hard to warm to her. All the press interviews about Taskmaster have people like Greg and Alex saying she's SO FUNNY, am I missing something?
I'm finding her hard work too. Her constant little asides are falling flat, and she keeps trying to poke fun at Alex (which I don't mind) like Julian Clary. But Julian was genuinely witty and Joanne's efforts just come across as rude and unfunny.
And I wish someone would give John Robbins a lozenge for that throat.

I liked that.
All good contestants. Sophie concerned me as she approached the egg task, I was worried she was going Lucy levels of odd but it was just a one off.

Nick & Steve were a great team.

Jusa

VIP Member
There's a programme called 'Taskmasterclass' on Channel 4 at 9pm tonight

Willow9999

I think David Mitchell has already said no chance, but then hadn’t Jack Dee said that too?
He did. Alex Horne said in an interview ( can’t remember who with) that they basically tried every year as he was at the top of their most wanted contestants but he always said no. Still hoping for Diane Morgan and Richard Ayeoade.