Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I don't know Joanne from anything other than Taskmaster, I'm finding it a little hard to warm to her. All the press interviews about Taskmaster have people like Greg and Alex saying she's SO FUNNY, am I missing something?
Same. I find her overuse of Botox/filler really off-putting too.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Meowsy

Sigh.
Is it going to be like this for the entire series?
I was going to give her (or rather the creators) the benefit of the doubt, but this clinches the deal for me. Hope someone does "The best of Jack Dee on Taskmaster" compilation on youtube.

Reactions: 4

mee43

VIP Member
You absolutely MUST watch series 5! 🤩

And if you don’t want to watch the whole of series 5, then at the very least watch episode 8. And if you don’t want to watch the whole of episode 8, then just watch the Rosalind song task.
It might just be the best thing that ever happened.
Legendary 😂
And who can forget the graph challenge with the wee chart 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Lola123

VIP Member
If John wasn’t on it and it was some other bonkers person and they’d put Sophie and Nick together in a team I think it would have been a bit more funny. John just sucks the fun out of it. Joanne and Steve do make me laugh but not as regularly as Sophie and Nick. The tasks have just missed the spark at points like the fish task, what was the point? Surely there needed to be some wanky work round of a second part to it?

I did enjoy the baskets and portrait task this week though

Toffee finger

VIP Member
They are usually leaked on cookdandbombd or reddit

Joanne McNally
Nick Mohammed
Sophie Willan
John Robins
Steve Pemberton

Lioness1

Chatty Member
Haven’t watched last nights episode yet but this series has been a bit boring.

Just seen the line up for the new series now, what a way to ruin your Friday. Cannot stand Rosie Jones so won’t be watching.

Did anyone wonder whether Greg's opener today about ruined marriages was to do with Sam Campbell and Lucy?!!!
I missed the first five minutes so missed what was said, but the studio sections are recorded ages before the series airs. This series was recorded in September last year, so it’s possible there was no inkling back then that Lucy & Jon were separating.

5, 7 & 3 were all great for me.
From 10-12, they’re the ones that really lose an edge because of Covid restrictions. It just doesn’t play out as well.

Series 5 I really like because the group dynamic is brilliant. Nish just spends the series seeming to group himself with Mark in “losers corner” and yet Mark finishes joint 2nd and could’ve easily won it if it weren’t for Greg & Alex’s personal relationship with him penalising him (for being a heron, really).
---
I wish we had more of Paul Choudury on TV, I think he’s hilarious. He was great as a guest on the off menu podcast too 😂
I enjoyed the Taskmasterclass more than the whole of the last series!
His “pudcast” is quite good - more so when it’s an episode with a guest you know/like. Loads of Taskmaster alumni in the back catalogue.
The Acaster / Gamble ones are good. Greg and him just have their similar Taskmaster patter and unless you knew (from Off Menu etc), you’d never imagine those two as friends who’d go out for a meal.

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Would love Richard Ayeoade or David Mitchell. I think Maisie Adam would be fun, too. Jennifer Saunders seems game for a laugh, if they could afford her 😂
The first two in one series would be amazing. I still want Reece Shearsmith to be in it, wish he had been in the same series as Steve Pemeberton.

panda_eyes

VIP Member

I thought it was a Pointless laptop style prop that Alex always just used to pretend to do stuff with in the studio.

Never realised he was putting scores in there etc as well.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. He definitely earns his money as the assistant (I'm presuming he actually gets paid the most out of everyone including Greg on the show).

Oureyesonlt

Did anyone wonder whether Greg's opener today about ruined marriages was to do with Sam Campbell and Lucy?!!!

• Wow