Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

November_again

VIP Member
I still can’t believe Sophie is 36, showed my family the ‘I met your aunt and uncle’ clip and they guessed she was in her 60s!
My biggest WTF was Jenny Eclaire (64). I thought she was close to my grandma's age when she's actually my mother's age. I think it's the way she walks and dresses.
I don't think of her as just 10 years older than Mel and Sue or Sally Phillips or the same age as Hugh.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

mindlessness

VIP Member
I know, it was terrible last night - she sucks in her cheeks so hard 😂
I missed the reveal of the first fishing task - was it just that they had to say they'd found a fish? What was the point of the sign on their backs?
Glad Nick won - he seemed genuinely surprised and thrilled.

A future contestant who I think would be excellent (but unlikely to do it) would be Celeste Barber - has she done an Australian or NZ version?
She hasn't done the NZ or Australian ones. I dislike her so would not be keen 😅 But I do think she's get involved/have fun at least.

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
I don’t enjoy her comedy (goes for the shock factor with crude jokes and swearing) and I feel she turns everything into the Rosie show. I’m hoping she’ll prove me wrong and we’ll see a different side of her, because I adore Jack Dee so really want to watch.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Lucy and Sam have a new podcast starting on Friday (called Lucy & Sam's Perfect Brains) and they released a little teaser ep today chatting to Julian.

• Heart

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
Just thinking aloud while I’m battling yet another flu bug type thing of my best/ worst/ dream contestants.
Top 3: Mike Wozniak, Bob Mortimer, James
Acaster ( honourable mention to Mawaan Rizwan)
Bottom 2: Ian Stirling, Russell Howard, any of Morgana, Victoria CM. Sarah Kendall
Dream signing: Richard Ayoade, Diane Morgan, Pierre Novelli ( Kathy Burke has ruled herself out as has Jack Dee otherwise they’d be on the list)
Probably forgotten loads who could go on any of the lists. John and/ or Joanne could definitely end up on the least favourite by the end of this series
I agree with your top 3, but missing Kiell!! And Ivo!!! Top 5?

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
Just saw the advert for Champion of Champions and it said ‘starts’ on 14th Jan - is there more than one episode? I hope so - the more Kiell the better!!!

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Genuinely haven't heard of any of these people, and I feel like I usually know 2 or 3 by name alone?

I was late to the prev series, but I adored Lucy on the show, which seemed to be an unpopular opinion in the prev thread. 🤷‍♀️ I find absurdist female comics tend to get a lot more of the 'it's all an act! booo' remarks than their male counterparts, but I don't care if it's an act, I found her to be perfect for the show.

I need more of s16 type contestants, less people who just try to take the task too seriously and consequently are the most forgettable (like Sarah Kendall).
You've never heard of
Steve Pemberton?[\spoiler] He has been in so many tv shows
Benidorm, The League of Gentlemen, Psychoville, Inside Number 9, Whitechapel, Happy Valley series 1 [\spoiler] to name just a few

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Went to see his stand up recently and it was exhausting trying to keep up with his tangents! Says he won’t get tested for ADHD but the way his delivery is like an internal batshit monologue testing seems unnecessary! He overran massively. So much so that everyone had to leg it to the car parks before they shut!
I went to see him a few years ago and was unaware of his show format - he started off doing random thoughts/chit chat that I assumed was just to warm us up before he launched into the main show but nope, his whole show was just quickfire random topics with seemingly no purpose or common thread 🤣 very funny but chaotic!!

Lola123

VIP Member
The prize task was back to what they usually are! John just is irriating because he’s so keen

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
Getting away from potential spoilers and back on last week's episode, the fish task was possibly one of the most boring tasks they have ever done.

The only remotely funny bit about it was Nick smashing it, and that was less about the task and more about the surprise of lovely Nick not being rubbish.

Still got a few to go, but this is definitely down there as one of the worst series. Even worse than the Lou Sanders/Iain Sterling year and I really hated that one. At least that one had bonkers Joe Thomas.

Just no chemistry between anyone in this cast, no banter, no memorable tasks or stand out moments.
Totally agree with the Lou/Iain comment. Loved Joe Thomas though, and him and Sian as a team were so funny.

Lola123

VIP Member
My one hope for Rosie is she’s just rude to Alex and makes him do all the stuff for her, I really enjoyed when Julian just showed distain for Alex, it really made me laugh

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Just watching on catch up and Joanne’s constant pouting in doing my head in!
I know, it was terrible last night - she sucks in her cheeks so hard 😂
I missed the reveal of the first fishing task - was it just that they had to say they'd found a fish? What was the point of the sign on their backs?
Glad Nick won - he seemed genuinely surprised and thrilled.

A future contestant who I think would be excellent (but unlikely to do it) would be Celeste Barber - has she done an Australian or NZ version?

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I like Andy Zaltzman and Jack Dee - so I will begrudgingly watch. Might just mute the bits with RJ on and play on my phone.