Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
I was crying with laughter at Sophie trying to hoopla, I've not seen Alma's not Normal and didn't know who she was. When I saw the line up announced with a photo, I thought she was Rachael Stirling (actress from The Detectorists, Diana Rigg's daughter).

Looking forward to the rest of the series!
I really recommend Alma’s Not Normal it’s a good watch. I think there’s a second series coming.

Reactions: 1
I found Joanne too try hard in the recent series. I love Steve Pembertond work and the cinematic tasks I knew he would ace. I loved Nick he grew on me over the series as did Sophie. I didn't hate John he just felt too competitive with all the tasks rather than just enjoying it.
I've not watched the series yet, was it similar to James Acaster or Ed Gamble, or more intense?

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
I reckon people will like her more than they think. Most people I know who’ve seen her live changed their minds from seeing her on panel shows to seeing her live

qwikti

Chatty Member
I went to the last ep of series 14 so Munya, Dara, John Kearns, Fern Brady and Sarah Millican. and then the most recent champion of champions also with Dara.
All studio stuff is in the TV studios at Pinewood so they make all the staging etc look like a theatre.
How did you find it? Was it even better in person?

Jusa

VIP Member
I wonder if we haven't seen a team task recently because the chemistry just isn't there. You can see Sophie really trying with everyone in the studio and her and Nick would have been a great and fun and incompetent team, but John and Joanne just seem really cold and unapproachable and Steve might be too quirky and complicated in his task approaches to be a good fit with anyone on this lineup.
And maybe it's just recency bias because last season's teams were so good, but team tasks are almost always highlights of a season and it's very rare that they don't work (Mae, Kiell & Jenny, season 6, Lou and Ian, Richard and Daisy, Alan and Victoria)
I thought we'd seen Nick and Steve in a team of two versus the other 3 when they had the task to draw an animal; I'm sure we've also seen another team task too

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Sorry if this was on the last thread. Uploaded and promptly deleted by Nick Mohammed! (Comedian, also Nate in Ted Lasso) - I would be over the moon if he's on the next series!!
I thought I already knew this, just scrolled back through the last thread and it had been leaked early in the last series, I wasn't going mad 😂

Aussie

VIP Member
There are rumors about Lucy and her tour manager but non about Sam. Her and Sam just get on well and have a podcast together.
I knew about the podcast, but would of been surprised if they were a thing. I actually don't know how old he is, but looks about 16!

I still haven’t got round to watching the most recent episode. I know I should but … I just can’t be bothered to even watch it and doom scroll at the same time.

Madeofeyes

Chatty Member
Sorry if this was on the last thread. Uploaded and promptly deleted by Nick Mohammed! (Comedian, also Nate in Ted Lasso) - I would be over the moon if he's on the next series!!
Haha yes i posted in the last thread about this. Found his ‘retraction’ post v funny.

Aussie

VIP Member
You've never heard of
Steve Pemberton?[\spoiler] He has been in so many tv shows
Benidorm, The League of Gentlemen, Psychoville, Inside Number 9, Whitechapel, Happy Valley series 1 [\spoiler] to name just a few
I'm so looking forward to him!

DontQuoteMe

Chatty Member
Where do I find the list of leaked contestants for series 17? Sure I’ve seen three so might as well find out who the other two are!!

Aussie

VIP Member
Also did they not do the task this season where they are given a budget to buy a present for the Taskmaster? Josh Widdecombe getting Greg tattooed on his leg is my favourite yet!

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Genuinely haven't heard of any of these people, and I feel like I usually know 2 or 3 by name alone?

I was late to the prev series, but I adored Lucy on the show, which seemed to be an unpopular opinion in the prev thread. 🤷‍♀️ I find absurdist female comics tend to get a lot more of the 'it's all an act! booo' remarks than their male counterparts, but I don't care if it's an act, I found her to be perfect for the show.

I need more of s16 type contestants, less people who just try to take the task too seriously and consequently are the most forgettable (like Sarah Kendall).
Lucy and Sam have a podcast...