Tanya Burr #7 We haven’t forgotten about Martha Moo but who is your new Boo?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reason not to show him is so he doesn’t get bombarded and not to put undue pressure on their relationship. Not everyone wants fame. If I was with some YouTube or IG personality I’d keep well out of it. I’d say ‘yeah you can tell people you’re with someone, you don’t want to look like a saddo on a romantic trip alone and you can post a few pics for content if we’re getting it free but keep my name and face out of it’.
If she breaks up with him now, it’s no harm, no one would even know. She learned her lesson about being couple with Jim and that’s not what she is anymore. She isn’t an influencer or vlogger, She’s an actress with an Instagram. Most wouldn’t share their OH

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The reason not to show him is so he doesn’t get bombarded and not to put undue pressure on their relationship. Not everyone wants fame. If I was with some YouTube or IG personality I’d keep well out of it. I’d say ‘yeah you can tell people you’re with someone, you don’t want to look like a saddo on a romantic trip alone and you can post a few pics for content if we’re getting it free but keep my name and face out of it’.
If she breaks up with him now, it’s no harm, no one would even know. She learned her lesson about being couple with Jim and that’s not what she is anymore. She isn’t an influencer or vlogger, She’s an actress with an Instagram. Most wouldn’t share their OH
OMG, thanks for the belly laugh. I think you meant it sincerely, but I just couldn't help laughing out loud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
OMG, thanks for the belly laugh. I think you meant it sincerely, but I just couldn't help laughing out loud.
I really don’t get why everyone thinks she would have to share his face? Jim is a laughing stock. He’s replaced Tanya with a clone. I don’t know why people expect her to share when that’s not what she’s about anymore.
She’s a shite, failed actress but in her head she’s an actress all the same, edgy and cool, aperol drinking Tanya, not ditsy Vlogmas, wife and baker Tanya so I don’t see why she’d want to and even if she did why everyone expects that he’d want to be shared. He could be behind it

Reactions: 18
I really don’t get why everyone thinks she would have to share his face? Jim is a laughing stock. He’s replaced Tanya with a clone. I don’t know why people expect her to share when that’s not what she’s about anymore.
She’s a shite, failed actress but in her head she’s an actress all the same, edgy and cool, aperol drinking Tanya, not ditsy Vlogmas, wife and baker Tanya so I don’t see why she’d want to and even if she did why everyone expects that he’d want to be shared. He could be behind it
I've got no actual opinion on whether she should be sharing photos of this guy she's seeing or not, although honestly her engagement is so dire that some excitement could do no harm at this point. By this time next year, she'll be utterly irrelevant no matter how many bots she buys, by the way she's going. And sure. Maybe he doesn't like social media, like you said, although why anyone who doesn't like social media would go out with someone who makes their living off social media is beyond me. I don't actually care, although I find it weird that she doesn't want to share his face when she's shared his arms and food, and bragged about being on romantic getaways.

But the idea that Tanya is anything but an influencer, a failed one too, is laughable. It just is. Even her subconscious must know she's not an actress, has never been one, no one thinks of her as one. Most people would go "huh?" if you asked them who Tanya Burr is. The ones who'd recognize the name, would probably say "oh yeah, the Youtuber".

Also, Jim got a clone? How is Sarah a Tanya clone? I'm honestly curious. I don't follow them, but from what I have seen here, she's not at all like Tanya. Jim, however, continues to be the same Jim and treat Sarah the way he treated Tanya (from what I've seen.)

Reactions: 15
Anyone see her IG story saying more people have died from suicide than coronavirus in the last 2 months?
there is an average of 18 suicide deaths per day in the UK (which is horribly sad and of course 18 too many)
But saying more people are dying of suicide than coronavirus is completely misleading and as an influencer surely she should know better
Whatever your opinions on lockdown, Tanya needs to fact check what she’s posting

Reactions: 44
But the idea that Tanya is anything but an influencer, a failed one too, is laughable. It just is. Even her subconscious must know she's not an actress, has never been one, no one thinks of her as one. Most people would go "huh?" if you asked them who Tanya Burr is. The ones who'd recognize the name, would probably say "oh yeah, the Youtuber".

Also, Jim got a clone? How is Sarah a Tanya clone? I'm honestly curious. I don't follow them, but from what I have seen here, she's not at all like Tanya. Jim, however, continues to be the same Jim and treat Sarah the way he treated Tanya (from what I've seen.)
We know that but Tanya clearly doesn’t. I’m talking from her point of view. Tanya doesn’t consider herself a YouTube or whatever anymore as she’s said tons of times so she’s distancing herself from that behaviour, she thinks she’s doing ‘table readings’ and ‘castings and meetings’ and I think she genuinely believes what real followers she has are there for that ... except she needs to pay the bills so makes some half-arsed effort to do what she’s paid for while maintaining her ‘don’t give a duck, I’m soooo above this now’ attitude. We need to remember she has zero self-awareness so what she ‘should’ do, is not what she’s going to do. Also, has absolutely nothing to gain from showing this guy and everything to gain from creating buzz about him and protecting herself if they split so she doesn’t look like a sap.

Sarah is a clone in the sense of being a pretty bit unthreatening girl, submissive, baking, family oriented, getting piggy backs from Jim and snuggling into him, hanging off his every word and finding him funny, being about buying things for their house, not really a drinker, tries to be healthy. The Tanya from many years ago. Jim needed a cutesy side-kick and he replaced Tanya with Sarah. He even puts the exact same comments on pictures of Sarah and says the same things about their future.

Reactions: 16
Was intrigued after reading about her buying followers so looked this up, I don’t know how accurate this site is. But even still, potentially 30% of her followers being fake 👀😳

(it’s called modash.io btw :))
4ABB9A87-A94A-4390-A0B1-CD0C413F2405.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I really think the only chance Tanya has to salvage her career is to make a comeback on YouTube. She needs to accept that acting isn’t for her and go back to what she’s good at! I reckon if she did a proper ‘I’m back!’ YouTube video it would get so many views and she could get back to being very popular again but she needs to give up the day dream!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
If she suddenly came back and did a cosy, down to earth Vlogmas and was very candid about everything, I think her viewing figures would explode and it would be a great comeback. But I can't see her doing that as she really believes she's better than all that now and that THIS is who she really is.

It's a shame, I'd totally watch that and respect her for it. I don't think we'll ever see her back again in that capacity.
If I was her I'd unprivate all my old vlogmas to start, as she still makes money from the old videos, then do a new one, Christmas jumpers, no actress bullshit, admit what happened to Martha etc etc, it would be the comeback of the year! But what do I know?! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I’m beginning to think Hairy Watchman isn’t real, he might just be her mate stepping in to make sure people don’t feel sorry for her (not that I think they should, might I add — being single is not anything to feel sorry about!).

I just think she’d have showed him by now if he was actually a boyfriend. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
I really think the only chance Tanya has to salvage her career is to make a comeback on YouTube. She needs to accept that acting isn’t for her and go back to what she’s good at! I reckon if she did a proper ‘I’m back!’ YouTube video it would get so many views and she could get back to being very popular again but she needs to give up the day dream!
I’m sorry I don’t even think she’d be very popular on YouTube again, I’m mean she could give ‘how to eye duck yourself tutorial’ or ‘how I spent all my money on buying acting roles’ videos

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I’m sorry I don’t even think she’d be very popular on YouTube again, I’m mean she could give ‘how to eye duck yourself tutorial’ or ‘how I spent all my money on buying acting roles’ videos
Oh yeah not in her current ‘cool girl’ personality but if she actually got back to who she really is and was bubbly and smiley and just vlogged and did some Christmas videos it would be very popular.

Reactions: 10
I used to follow Tanya on Instagram, I liked her YouTube content years ago and even her “not very good at make up” make up tutorials where she’d just chat about normal stuff! I unfollowed her a few months ago because I find her so fake these days, like she’s trying to be something she’s not to fit in with the cool kids at school or something! It just doesn’t suit her and I feel like she’s totally lost her own personality while trying to fit the mould of whatever she’s trying to be. Also unfollowed because I find it infuriating that she’s just got rid of her dog that she apparently loved so much and hasn’t addressed it at all? They’ve clearly done something that they’re too embarrassed to admit to.

Reactions: 17
I used to follow Tanya on Instagram, I liked her YouTube content years ago and even her “not very good at make up” make up tutorials where she’d just chat about normal stuff! I unfollowed her a few months ago because I find her so fake these days, like she’s trying to be something she’s not to fit in with the cool kids at school or something! It just doesn’t suit her and I feel like she’s totally lost her own personality while trying to fit the mould of whatever she’s trying to be. Also unfollowed because I find it infuriating that she’s just got rid of her dog that she apparently loved so much and hasn’t addressed it at all? They’ve clearly done something that they’re too embarrassed to admit to.
The Disappearance of Martha Moo will surely go down as one of the greatest YouTube mysteries.

Reactions: 24
The Disappearance of Martha Moo will surely go down as one of the greatest YouTube mysteries.
I came to this thread after months as I suddenly wondered if you’d cracked the mystery of Martha Moo. This is the first reply I saw.

The hunt continues..... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I also noticed she's been buying followers, it started around the time she dropped under 3M. I think at this point most of her followers are either fake, old unused accounts from the YouTube era, and brands. She is not interesting enough for new people to follow when there are so many other far more stylish, better looking, more likeable influencers out there. To be honest her life just looks boring and sad to me, the only thing she has is money. Why would anyone want to follow her? because she posts photos of herself looking skinny and smug? no thank you, there are literally millions out there who are doing it betterr.

Her problem is that she is trying to be something she is not, and it's not working. She is not cool and she looks pathetic. I think there are two main types of influencers - those you like and those you envy (those with seemingly perfect lives). Tanya is neither - she is not likeable and doesn't have enviable life. She could have done so much better by being herself and more honest with her followers, like showing vulnerability when it was obvious she was going through a rough patch (the divorce).

I don't understand how IG allows 30% fake followers...

View attachment 296206
HOLY CRAP, less than 2% engagement rate and over 30% fake followers?!? She's doing much worse than I thought.

Reactions: 12
Her engagement is actually even lower! Phlanx and other sites calculate it at 0.86% (some sites round to 1%). 😲

That's so dire, it's actually scary. How will Gleam be able to pitch her now? Obviously it's not always about numbers. I've seen lots of even designer brands work with influencers who have lower engagement, but those girls like @doina have that "It" flair going for them and their content looks like photos out of a glossy fashion magazine.

All Tanya, well, had was her numbers.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Tanya is the poster child for falling-from-grace. She was so successful back in 2014-2016, and you could tell she was happy and fulfilled. Watching her undoing now is honestly very depressing...

Reactions: 19
She needs a big shot Hollywood director to tell her she is utterly tit at acting, completely shatter the dream of her being an actress and then she can give it up. She needs that major wake up call that she is bleeping dreadful at acting

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.