Tanya Burr #6 Where's Martha Moo? Let your followers know it's the least you could do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think if you type them into YouTube other people have reuploaded them, as much as Tanya annoys me these days I loved her old vlog masses, they make me feel so festive and happy haha
Same! The good old days

Reactions: 7
I bet she’s secretly glad to have the covid excuse right now It’s a fashionable one, half of Soho house are in the same boat right? 🙄 and she will be getting mileage out of that till Christmas at least, because talented and hard working people have lost jobs , had their hours cut , creative endeavours cancelled etc Everyone understands, no further clarifications needed unlike in the past (ie the rest of her acting ‘career’ bar when she was doing the play)when she seemed to keep excuses to a minimum, probably not wanting to draw attention to her lack of actual acting jobs, preferring to go the route of the work situation staying incredibly vague. alluding to exciting sounding projects that will never come to exist or implying far greater involvement In ones that are real. You could practically hear her breathe a sigh of relief in that recent interview when she could say work had been “quiet” just like everyone else ...
Of course and now she has the perfect excuse for how her ‘acting’ delusions eventually fizzled out. I guess she’ll just have to return to the hard work of lying on the sofa eating Haribos for dinner while watching tv and editing selfies of her legs.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Funny how these people who are so ready to police someone who dares to trash Tanya, are often new members, because this thread never used to be so pro Tanya as I remember, or they have accounts that were started this summer 🤔
To be fair, isn’t this a Tanya ‘discussion’ thread as opposed to an actual trash thread like the one on GG? That’s how I’ve always seen it anyway because I agree, it seems to be very pro Tanya over here 👀The disparity in Like counts gives that away..

Reactions: 10
For me the thing is I find some things about her very funny and gossip worthy- the delusional acting career and the absence of self awareness for example. But when it comes to her weight, speculation about relationships or lack of, seemingly sad demeanour and the breakdown of her marriage and her ex husband’s conduct I don’t find those issues funny. So I probably have seemed quite pro Tanya. She is a fellow human who has gone through some tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I remember the old GG thread too and I honestly far prefer this one. I posted there too but I found it tended to descend in petty nastiness really often. Totally get that it probably seems super hypocritical, but I’m of the opinion that gossip doesn’t necessarily have to be cruel, it can just be discussing a person and their behaviour with a group of people who consume the same thing that you do. I’m less interested in making fun of Tanya’s physical characteristics (which was mostly what used to go on at GG) and more interested in discussing her career choices, I’ve genuinely found the pivot to “serious acting” hilarious and fascinating. And I’m never one to police what others gossip about - just explaining why I read the GG thread quite rarely because it didn’t discuss things I was interested in.

I don’t really get the vibe that this thread is full of Tanya fan girls, more so that this thread just feels a bit more grown up than the GG thread did. Rather than pages about the shape of her head or her “stumpy” hands etc it’s more so discussing her actual personality and lifestyle choices. And also ofcourse she is barely online these days, so there is less to discuss overall compared to the GG days. Another interesting factor is her weight loss. Apart from speculation about how she did it/whether it was healthy or not I think it’s definitely contributed to the nature of discussion around her. Fat shaming was a huge part of the discourse on GG.

Reactions: 42
I remember the old GG thread too and I honestly far prefer this one. I posted there too but I found it tended to descend in petty nastiness really often. Totally get that it probably seems super hypocritical, but I’m of the opinion that gossip doesn’t necessarily have to be cruel, it can just be discussing a person and their behaviour with a group of people who consume the same thing that you do. I’m less interested in making fun of Tanya’s physical characteristics (which was mostly what used to go on at GG) and more interested in discussing her career choices, I’ve genuinely found the pivot to “serious acting” hilarious and fascinating. And I’m never one to police what others gossip about - just explaining why I read the GG thread quite rarely because it didn’t discuss things I was interested in.

I don’t really get the vibe that this thread is full of Tanya fan girls, more so that this thread just feels a bit more grown up than the GG thread did. Rather than pages about the shape of her head or her “stumpy” hands etc it’s more so discussing her actual personality and lifestyle choices. And also ofcourse she is barely online these days, so there is less to discuss overall compared to the GG days. Another interesting factor is her weight loss. Apart from speculation about how she did it/whether it was healthy or not I think it’s definitely contributed to the nature of discussion around her. Fat shaming was a huge part of the discourse on GG.
Feel that way about the majority of the posts on Tattle in comparison to GG... even criticism is a lot more measured here. It’s a far “nicer” place on tattle which I know sounds ridiculous considering it’s essentially a gossip forum 🤣 but a lot of us were fans before! It’s not all vitriol which GG often descended into.

Reactions: 24
Feel that way about the majority of the posts on Tattle in comparison to GG... even criticism is a lot more measured here. It’s a far “nicer” place on tattle which I know sounds ridiculous considering it’s essentially a gossip forum 🤣 but a lot of us were fans before! It’s not all vitriol which GG often descended into.
Yeah I’m a veteran of GG too tho stopped posting regularly a while before it completely collapsed in on itself as it seems to have now. I liked that site but prefer this one too, and not just for the functionality. I think one issue is the assumption that there should be a distinction between “trash” and “rave” threads and you can only post stated tone of content on each. And It is a justified cricricsm of any fair objective point to simply say “this isn’t a rave thread.” I always found that undermines fair criticism as much as praise so much that it’s just pointless. Threads here seem to be less focused on that and a popular creator will still be called out if they disappoint as much as an unpopular one praised if they do something that warrants it.

Reactions: 15
Wonder if she’ll congratulate him...

And he did that while maintaining his YouTube channel and affable social media persona! Something Tarn eschewed in favor of acting like she was already a superstar.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

omg. brilliant! Has he even expressed much of an interest in acting before? As in had lessons? This is so good. I am cackling hahaha

• Haha
omg. brilliant! Has he even expressed much of an interest in acting before? As in had lessons? This is so good. I am cackling hahaha
He was in a west end musical for a while last year which requires a certain type of acting... I think he might have had accent coaching or something around then but certainly nothing like the expensive private lessons Tanya did with RADA teachers or whatever

Reactions: 8
I love that he’s referred to as ‘Strictly’s Joe Sugg’, not ‘YouTuber’ or ‘Zoella’s sister’. How would Tanya be described if she ever did make her big break? She can’t even call herself a YouTuber now!

Reactions: 6
Joe is the perfect example of what Tanya could’ve experienced if she possessed any natural acting talent. I always found it funny when she tried to spin her critically panned performance in Confidence as mainstream media prejudice towards “new media and the Internet’. But how does she explain Joe’s success? Simple fact is coming with a ready made audience who will watch your play/film/tv show is something that will always benefit you, not work against you. I mean it’s why she got the role in Confidence to begin with. Joe isn’t trained and hasn’t got a ton of experience but I saw clips of him in Waitress and you can see some natural acting aptitude. Hell his impression videos on YouTube already demonstrated some talent. His following/online fame is what’s getting him in the room but his actual capabilities are what’s keeping him in there. Ofcourse he might be awful in this tv show I can’t say, but the parallels between how things are going for him vs Tanya is a great case study.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Joe is the perfect example of what Tanya could’ve experienced if she possessed any natural acting talent. I always found it funny when she tried to spin her critically panned performance in Confidence as mainstream media prejudice towards “new media and the Internet’. But how does she explain Joe’s success? Simple fact is coming with a ready made audience who will watch your play/film/tv show is something that will always benefit you, not work against you. I mean it’s why she got the role in Confidence to begin with. Joe isn’t trained and hasn’t got a ton of experience but I saw clips of him in Waitress and you can see some natural acting aptitude. Hell his impression videos on YouTube already demonstrated some talent. His following/online fame is what’s getting him in the room but his actual capabilities are what’s keeping him in there. Ofcourse he might be awful in this tv show I can’t say, but the parallels between how things are going for him vs Tanya is a great case study.
Agreed. I definitely think the biggest difference is that Joe didn’t completely shun his existing base/platform and instead worked to grow it. Unlike Tanya who ditched everything the minute she decided she was too good for it and was going to be an actress instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Well seeing as everything Joe touches seems to turn to gold I wouldn’t be surprised if this leads to bigger acting roles, he’s already been nominated by Whats on Stage Awards for best supporting actor 2020 in the West End Musical Waitress. While her theatre debut in a small studio got bashed by every critic and told she can’t act. I’m sure it won’t be hard for Joe to top her embarrassing extra tv debut in Casualty, plus The Syndicate is a bigger show, with top notch actors, it’ll get him a lot of exposure.

First Jim gets engaged, then Joe gets a big tv acting break and during Covid ffs, how lucky can he get, 🤣 seems 2020 just isn’t her year really.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.