Tanya Burr #6 Where's Martha Moo? Let your followers know it's the least you could do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jim just said in his video that they split up because they became "great pals" and nothing more. And I think that's a fair statement. People fell out of love and keep liking each other as friends, some people stay married and some don't.
Of course they remained 'great pals'. Mr Nice Guy could never not get along with his ex. That would damage his brand.

I do however agree that growing apart after being together from a young age is understandable, especially compounded by how much their relationship was an intergral factor to their 'joint' careers. Especially for him, the 'Tan and Jim', Mr Husband persona. Tanya was rather safe just doing makeup. Outside factors change and so do hearts. What you wanted five years ago you might not want now.

Reactions: 8
I actually thought his upload seemed surprisingly genuine and nicely explained. I do think he’s a serial monogamist (I mean buy definition he is), but I agree with people who have said that he and Tanya were just on very different planes intellectually. Being an Instagram model definitely doesn’t scream ‘intellectual’ but Sarah does seem pretty sharp and thoughtful and loves reading, so maybe they’re a better match. Not quite being on the same page intellectually is probably a lot more frustrating at 30 than it is at 18 or even 25. Also glad that he explained how long they had been growing apart/considering a separation. How much speculation could they have avoided by just saying that at the time 🙄 rather than saying they decided “a couple weeks ago” and making it sound like it was a shock split.

He still gives me weird vibes sometimes but he definitely reads better in longer videos like this one /the YouTube format - pictures/captions/comments are definitely not his strong suit. While he’s in the mood to explain maybe he can do another upload about dear little Martha

Reactions: 24
Honestly I think it was pretty cheeky of Jim to state in his video that ‘both of us moved on quickly’ in regards to himself and Tanya. Just because he has chosen to continue publicising every single detail of his romantic life online doesn’t give him any right to speak on Tanya also. Particularly because as others have noted she has been keeping the details of her personal life fairly private since the split. I honestly see this as another example of Jim’s weird slimy behaviour. He speaks well, is conventionally attractive and is smart enough to know how to present himself as the quintessential Nice Guy but I agree with a lot of other people on here - his behaviour is creepy. He is not respectful of “Tarn” and never has been. I still vividly remember the way he used to speak down to her and tease her in videos and it left a bad taste in my mouth. Again I know that gossip sites tend to pick apart youtuber husbands/bf’s but in this case I think it’s totally justified.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Honestly I think it was pretty cheeky of Jim to state in his video that ‘both of us moved on quickly’ in regards to himself and Tanya. Just because he has chosen to continue publicising every single detail of his romantic life online doesn’t give him any right to speak on Tanya also. Particularly because as others have noted she has been keeping the details of her personal life fairly private since the split. I honestly see this as another example of Jim’s weird slimy behaviour. He speaks well, is conventionally attractive and is smart enough to know how to present himself as the quintessential Nice Guy but I agree with a lot of other people on here - his behaviour is creepy. He is not respectful of “Tarn” and never has been. I still vividly remember the way he used to speak down to her and tease her in videos and it left a bad taste in my mouth. Again I know that gossip sites tend to pick apart youtuber husbands/bf’s but in this case I think it’s totally justified.
I also thought that comment he made about her moving on fast was distasteful and unkind. She’s said in an interview last year she wants privacy and felt that way towards the end of their marriage. So he must know that but still added that comment to make himself appear better 😑

Reactions: 14
After watching Jim's vlog I'm happy to believe that they did just grow apart and want different things and it all ended amicably. I do think Tanya grieved it more than Jim did and she is possibly still grieving. But I think that just comes down to individual personalities rather than one person wanting a split and the other not.

Reactions: 9
She did this article in November 2019, seven months after the divorce announcement, not during or right after the split. She was reflecting back on how it happened. Basically saying that she thought she knew she'd always be with Jim and have children with him, but that she suddenly didn't feel that way anymore and it was scary. At least, that's how I read it as.
Yeah she was getting a feeling she wouldn’t have kids with him because they broke up.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I guess I didn't see anything wrong with Jim saying they both moved on quickly. Wasn't he just trying to say they both moved on in life in general 'quickly' as it was a while they had been feeling like friends more than lovers?

Reactions: 12
Content of that video may have been genuine but it was purely an exercise in proving he's the nice guy. Save the backlash.
I can't imagine Tanya had any say in it at all, it was to save his own arse.
"It was really hard for Sarah to be exposed to the internet" - bullshit! She's doing everything she can to get involved. Her Mum and all!
He didn't need to include her at all, most people don't.
They never addressed it when their fans were asking but now he releases it? Yeah, really nice guy!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Content of that video may have been genuine but it was purely an exercise in proving he's the nice guy. Save the backlash.
I can't imagine Tanya had any say in it at all, it was to save his own arse.
"It was really hard for Sarah to be exposed to the internet" - bullshit! She's doing everything she can to get involved. Her Mum and all!
He didn't need to include her at all, most people don't.
They never addressed it when their fans were asking but now he releases it? Yeah, really nice guy!
Omg exactly....ozzy is desperate to get involved and get that easy lazy arse influencer money.

Reactions: 15
Yeah she was getting a feeling she wouldn’t have kids with him because they broke up.
I'm sorry, I'm really not sure what's so confusing here.

You said, "She says she didn’t know anymore because they’d been split up for the better part of the year already when she was saying this... I don’t get what you mean lol."

I think the key word you're missing in Tanya's sentence is "suddenly." "I always thought I knew who I’d be with for the rest of my life, who 
I’d have children with, then suddenly when you don't know that any more it's really unsettling." That takes it back to the moment she realized --when they were still together-- that she didn't know if she wanted to be with Jim for the rest of her life anymore.

Reactions: 4
Was there anything else interesting in his video? I grudge giving him any views lol

Reactions: 4
Jim just said in his video that they split up because they became "great pals" and nothing more. And I think that's a fair statement. People fell out of love and keep liking each other as friends, some people stay married and some don't.
They will be forever bound by The Secret of What Really Happened to MarthaMoo™️

• Haha
I guess I didn't see anything wrong with Jim saying they both moved on quickly. Wasn't he just trying to say they both moved on in life in general 'quickly' as it was a while they had been feeling like friends more than lovers?
They'd been together 12 years. Ofc a lot of it is friendship. If it was any different people in relationships would never get anything done.

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry, I'm really not sure what's so confusing here.

You said, "She says she didn’t know anymore because they’d been split up for the better part of the year already when she was saying this... I don’t get what you mean lol."

I think the key word you're missing in Tanya's sentence is "suddenly." "I always thought I knew who I’d be with for the rest of my life, who 
I’d have children with, then suddenly when you don't know that any more it's really unsettling." That takes it back to the moment she realized --when they were still together-- that she didn't know if she wanted to be with Jim for the rest of her life anymore.
I have no idea how you ready it that way. Her quote is like anyone post big breakup or divorce when they thought they were with “the one”... suddenly~ you don’t know the future you thought you had. Shes not saying she literally suddenly woke up while married and was like ‘suddenly I’m thinking I’m not gonna have kids with you” lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On another note, thisis what happens when you jump on a "challenge" not knowing its background

Screenshot_20200730-030409_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200730-025343_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 9
Instagram gave a statement to the media saying the black and white challenge originated with the ME Too movement, women were able to post a picture without having to fully tell their story and other women could recognize it for that, the recent use of it in the US stemmed from a female politician being verbally accosted on the steps of the capital building by a male politician. Instagram said recently women from Turkey have been using it to shine a light on the femicide that’s happening there, as well as women supporting the BLM they post pictures of themselves holding signs about Black Women like Breonna Taylor. I don’t think anyone can blame Tanya for not knowing the whole history of it due to Instagram having to actually go into exact posting dates to try and help the media figure it out.

Reactions: 7
Instagram gave a statement to the media saying the black and white challenge originated with the ME Too movement, women were able to post a picture without having to fully tell their story and other women could recognize it for that, the recent use of it in the US stemmed from a female politician being verbally accosted on the steps of the capital building by a male politician. Instagram said recently women from Turkey have been using it to shine a light on the femicide that’s happening there, as well as women supporting the BLM they post pictures of themselves holding signs about Black Women like Breonna Taylor. I don’t think anyone can blame Tanya for not knowing the whole history of it due to Instagram having to actually go into exact posting dates to try and help the media figure it out.
Ok so how does these influencers help "empower women""with a beautiful photo of themselves? As usual Tanya, Zoe and the rest of their unseasoned, bland gang are shallow and fake with no actual call to change things for women.

Just post your photo and move. Don't try and make it deep.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I have no idea how you ready it that way. Her quote is like anyone post big breakup or divorce when they thought they were with “the one”... suddenly~ you don’t know the future you thought you had. Shes not saying she literally suddenly woke up while married and was like ‘suddenly I’m thinking I’m not gonna have kids with you” lol.
This will be my last response because we're not getting anywhere and I don't want to clog the thread for others, but why on earth would this hit her suddenly at all? That would mean that over the course of likely many months, neither she nor Jim ever thought about or talked about why they were breaking up, never discussed what they wanted for their futures in any of the conversations they had, that the question of starting a family never came up etc. That's just crazy.

It's a process arriving at a decision to divorce with lots of contemplation, weighing, and thinking about your separate lives, how your future and everything will change. Again, over months. There's no sudden realization about it.

I still stand by what I said. That she, not in one particular "sudden" moment, no, but that she went from always thinking she knew who she'd be with for the rest of her life to then "suddenly," as in unexpectedly, not knowing if she wanted that anymore. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: 7
Ok so how does these influencers help "empower women""with a beautiful photo of themselves? As usual Tanya, Zoe and the rest of their unseasoned, bland gang are shallow and fake with no actual call to change things for women.

Just post your photo and move. Don't try and make it deep.
It's another one of those bullshit challenges that's about yourself more than a movement, same with the black boxes for BLM. If you actually care about supporting women, get sharing resources, promote businesses owned by women, be openly and vocally a space for women to feel like they're supported. No one is going to look at your black and white selfie and feel supported or empowered.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.