Tanya Burr #6 Where's Martha Moo? Let your followers know it's the least you could do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im sorry but Jims excessive posting of Sarah, speedy engagement - posting how shes his one true love just screams not over Tanya. If he was truelly over the relationship, happy and settled then he wouldnt feel the need to be so vocal about Sarah

No matter what anyone says its way too soon to be getting engaged again, even if a split ends amicably it takes time to get over a relationship, he will have spent almost everyday of his life for 12 years with Tanya, his entire adult life - it takes time to adjust to life without her, and find who you are as a single person.

You cant just erase that. Its been 16 months since a very public breakup, he might really love Sarah but that doesnt mean you get engaged after just over a year of dating. He still comes across as trying to 'win the break up'

Tanya is well rid, and if I were Sarah Id be running for the bleeping hills.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I agree that he's trying to "win the break up". I wonder why they are pretending things are amicable then. He must feel a little bit bitter if he's overcompensating by showing off. Plus Sarah's snarky Martha comment. And Tanya must realise that she's being made to look silly in a way with Jim moving on so quick. So I dunno why whoever was wronged feels the need to keep quiet 🤔

Reactions: 15
Nah. They met on a dating website for 'famous' people yet neither are famous. She is putting everything into growing her insta and becoming an influencer, which although possibly a pie in the sky dream considering there is no shortage of them, was IMPOSSIBLE pre jim.

If it was true love, or even lust she would not be behaving like a glory hound on heat.
I truly feel that a big motivator for the engagement is to make them relevant and give them something people can engage (no pun) with. It's a career move.

Sarah seems nice enough but she's boring, just dull. She doesn't have a job and just hangs around Jim all day - where's the content? Given, she may be a bit more highbrow than the average instagrammer but the posts that I've seen from her as totally forgettable and not relatable at all, she just doesn't do anything! She has no 'thing', not food, not fashion etc. Both of them resorting to 'what book are you reading?' or 'what made you smile today' kind of content for engagement. Dull. He's desperately tried to involve her and still no one has really got on board. This gives them both a massive platform. Jim has handed this to her. Keep the gravy train rolling.
Most instagrammers don't do it as a couple but he's not interesting enough on his own either since a lot of his fans were Tanya's female fans make-up and baking fans who broadly aren't interested in whisky and GQ. Jim is defined by being all 'family' and his relationships. He's replaced Tanya with another 'old Tanya' that fawns over him, is homely, bakes and giggles, who's job is to make content with him and not be independent of him.

Tanya is, in her mind, an actress now not an influencer etc She keeps a few pay checks to keep her ticking over but she's trying to separate herself from the youtuber/instagrammer label. just an 'actress' who happens to have instagram and promote a few brands as many do.
Massive mistake probably in that she just isn't going to make even a basic living from it if she doesn't get better but then look at the Hollyoaks lot, they can't act for sh!t and they still make a career out of it. Maybe if she adjusts her expectations, stops with the Hollywood and indie film stuff, maybe there's a chance and I reckon she'll wait until every ship has sailed on the acting front before going back to making content.
The wannabe actresses I know are pretty down trodden and exhausted by it and she's no different, its just sad her 'dream' took her from so bright and excited to so fatigued by life.
I mean, try failing everyday at your job, your relationship etc, that'll kill your spark

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I truly feel that a big motivator for the engagement is to make them relevant and give them something people can engage (no pun) with. It's a career move.

Sarah seems nice enough but she's boring, just dull. She doesn't have a job and just hangs around Jim all day - where's the content? Given, she may be a bit more highbrow than the average instagrammer but the posts that I've seen from her as totally forgettable and not relatable at all, she just doesn't do anything! She has no 'thing', not food, not fashion etc. Both of them resorting to 'what book are you reading?' or 'what made you smile today' kind of content for engagement. Dull. He's desperately tried to involve her and still no one has really got on board. This gives them both a massive platform. Jim has handed this to her. Keep the gravy train rolling.
Most instagrammers don't do it as a couple but he's not interesting enough on his own either since a lot of his fans were Tanya's female fans make-up and baking fans who broadly aren't interested in whisky and GQ. Jim is defined by being all 'family' and his relationships. He's replaced Tanya with another 'old Tanya' that fawns over him, is homely, bakes and giggles, who's job is to make content with him and not be independent of him.

Tanya is, in her mind, an actress now not an influencer etc She keeps a few pay checks to keep her ticking over but she's trying to separate herself from the youtuber/instagrammer label. just an 'actress' who happens to have instagram and promote a few brands as many do.
Massive mistake probably in that she just isn't going to make even a basic living from it if she doesn't get better but then look at the Hollyoaks lot, they can't act for sh!t and they still make a career out of it. Maybe if she adjusts her expectations, stops with the Hollywood and indie film stuff, maybe there's a chance and I reckon she'll wait until every ship has sailed on the acting front before going back to making content.
The wannabe actresses I know are pretty down trodden and exhausted by it and she's no different, its just sad her 'dream' took her from so bright and excited to so fatigued by life.
I mean, try failing everyday at your job, your relationship etc, that'll kill your spark
This is so accurate.

Reactions: 8
Regarding the rapid weight drop; she has told her audience on insta stories she is depressed (on holiday friends asked her what her achievement she was most proud of, anwser still being here which sounded worryingly like still being alive) i find to hard fathom people can't see she's just heartbroken and in shock.

(It might serve her as material to channel when if she's next acting in something ? Can't get any worse) what would happen if sarah bizarrely got a role in a film via her modelling contacts ???

Reactions: 10
Regarding the rapid weight drop; she has told her audience on insta stories she is depressed (on holiday friends asked her what her achievement she was most proud of, anwser still being here which sounded worryingly like still being alive) i find to hard fathom people can't see she's just heartbroken and in shock.

(It might serve her as material to channel when she's next acting? Can't get any worse) what would happen if sarah bizarrely got a role in a film via her modelling contacts ???
She didn't outright say she was depressed. Her response was "that I'm still here" but then she laughed like it was a big joke. She has never opened up about anything the entire time she's been on YouTube. She spoke about having anxiety when she was a teenager but not in any meaningful way. I think it would do her good to cut the crap and stop pretending everything is wonderful all the time.

Reactions: 7
She didn't outright say she was depressed. Her response was "that I'm still here" but then she laughed like it was a big joke. She has never opened up about anything the entire time she's been on YouTube. She spoke about having anxiety when she was a teenager but not in any meaningful way. I think it would do her good to cut the crap and stop pretending everything is wonderful all the time.
She did actually say in an interview that her depression was a daily battle :(

Reactions: 5
She did actually say in an interview that her depression was a daily battle :(
I've just read that interview and it's worded in a way that suggest that Jim was the one who ended things, not her. I'd always kind of thought it was her who was done with the marriage but now I'm not so sure considering how quickly he's moved on. God I almost feel sorry for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I've just read that interview and it's worded in a way that suggest that Jim was the one who ended things, not her. I'd always kind of thought it was her who was done with the marriage but now I'm not so sure considering how quickly he's moved on. God I almost feel sorry for her.
I always have thought he ended it. She was never around and I’m all for persuibg your dreams but the “I’m an actress now” thing is very insufferable. I do feel bad for her but I think she needs some tough love and NEEDS TO UNFOLLOW JIM! She could start a mental health channel or podcast or something and if enjoys acting then of course she should still peruse it but flying off to LA thinking she’d have an Oscar in a year was honestly ridiculous and offensive to those who’ve dedicated their lives to acting. I think she needs therapy and friends and family to give her a reality check and tell her how to build herself back up from this. She can find her spark again... but it won’t be in acting.

Reactions: 11
I agree and I think this will be an unpopular opinion and provoke lots of personal stories about how someone here, like... moved in with their ex husband and it works great or whatever, but IMO she should not be following Jim on social media, she should not be having hours long phone conversations with him, nor should she be visiting his sisters— I know people might disagree with that but they are not your in laws or relatives anymore, they will never be your family again, accept that and break it off and set out on your own.

The problem with these long term relationships from when you’re a teen up to 30 years old is you don’t know who you are without that person and you have NEVER had to cope with anything without them by your side. Breakups can be that much more difficult because you can’t understand that it requires you to actually have them completely out of your life. The longer they keep these little attachments to each other the longer it makes it that much more difficult to accept what it means to break up, and the longer the codependency lasts. All of this is that much more necessary when Jim is actually now engaged to his ~one true love~, Sarah is meant to be his partner and family now and there’s no need to keep entangled with Tanya at all aside from any small divorce proceedings that can’t be handled by a lawyer.

Reactions: 17
Well in that Stella article last November, she said:

"‘I always thought I knew who I’d be with for the rest of my life, who 
I’d have children with, then suddenly when you don’t know that any more it’s really unsettling. I had people say that I should try 
to be excited, but it’s taken me a long time to get to this place,’ she says. ‘I was comparing myself to my best friends and my sister, my mum and dad, who’ve been together for ever and are still totally in love. It can feel quite scary, but there are a lot of people who are 30 and single. Now I can see light at the end of the tunnel.’"

"when you don't know that any more" Seems like she was the one who fell out of love with Jim, or whatever.

Reactions: 4
Well in that Stella article last November, she said:

"‘I always thought I knew who I’d be with for the rest of my life, who 
I’d have children with, then suddenly when you don’t know that any more it’s really unsettling. I had people say that I should try 
to be excited, but it’s taken me a long time to get to this place,’ she says. ‘I was comparing myself to my best friends and my sister, my mum and dad, who’ve been together for ever and are still totally in love. It can feel quite scary, but there are a lot of people who are 30 and single. Now I can see light at the end of the tunnel.’"

"when you don't know that any more" Seems like she was the one who fell out of love with Jim, or whatever.
She says she didn’t know anymore because they’d been split up for the better part of the year already when she was saying this... I don’t get what you mean lol.

Reactions: 12
She says she didn’t know anymore because they’d been split up for the better part of the year already when she was saying this... I don’t get what you mean lol.
She did this article in November 2019, seven months after the divorce announcement, not during or right after the split. She was reflecting back on how it happened. Basically saying that she thought she knew she'd always be with Jim and have children with him, but that she suddenly didn't feel that way anymore and it was scary. At least, that's how I read it as.

Reactions: 9
Tbh i assumed they just grew apart, but because they got together so young and were together so long there was a lot of pressure to stay together. Jim is clearly smarter than Tanya and i can imagine Tanya being quite fine with just continuing as they were but Jim realising life is too short and getting it out in the open. It explains Tanyas long-term shock (as i dont get cheating vibes off either of them)
So many people put a lot of stock in marrying their first love and find it hard to let go of that. I know two different couples who got together at uni who are still together when anyone who knows them would be able to tell you they are only together as they dont know any different and dont really mesh at that well.

Reactions: 10
Jim has just uploaded a video addressing it all - apparently the drifted apart and remain friends!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Jim just said in his video that they split up because they became "great pals" and nothing more. And I think that's a fair statement. People fell out of love and keep liking each other as friends, some people stay married and some don't.

Reactions: 14
They’re only great pals because they’re not actually divorced yet and still have the house (Jim mentioned that earlier in the year) once that happens sarah will tell him to fob her off

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.