Tanya Burr #6 Where's Martha Moo? Let your followers know it's the least you could do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad too! Nic always speaks so fondly of her. It looks like Tanya asked Nic if she could come over, and not the other way around, though? I thought it would’ve been Nic reaching out to Tan
I think Nic put up that screenshot to show it was Tanya who asked to visit tbh. She was probably seeing people say how odd it was to invite her round on the day of the engagement and wanted to show Tanya had asked a while ago

Reactions: 9
If it’s Nic’s screenshot then she’ll be the one in grey I think? So she’s the one who said “We’d love to see you” (or whatever).

• Sick
Reactions: 5
If it’s Nic’s screenshot then she’ll be the one in grey I think? So she’s the one who said “We’d love to see you” (or whatever).
I think Tanya may have said something before that probably along the lines of “are you free soon?” Followed by Nic’s “we’d love to see you, we have no plans”

Reactions: 8
To me it looks like Tanya knew she was going to be back in Norwich for her dad’s birthday and tried to arrange a catch up, pre-engagement news. I don’t see why people are thinking Tanya is going to be that bothered about it tbh. He’s been with her over a year so not that sudden 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I think Tanya may have said something before that probably along the lines of “are you free soon?” Followed by Nic’s “we’d love to see you, we have no plans”
Ah yeah, I guess so. Hopefully quite a bit of time before she’d heard Jim was engaged, otherwise... 😬

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I don’t think Jim has moved on too quickly and a relationship when you’re 30 is different to when you are 20!
I split up with someone and four months later I met someone amazing that I clicked with. Sometimes the right person just pops up out of nowhere when you aren’t even looking.
yeah cause when you’re on Raya immediately you aren’t even looking.

I think Jim just knows what he wants and went for it. He wanted a marriage and kids and Tanya wanted an acting career and no family in the forseeable. They possibly grew apart over a couple of years and by the time they announced the divorce he was already somewhat moved on. He met Sarah and they get on and want the same things so why wait for the sake of it, especially since they're getting older. I don't think its a big deal.
The thing is you don’t just order “marriage and kids” as a package deal online, there’s actual real life and real everyday commitment behind it. And at one point Jim and Tanya wanted the same things too... both wanted Hollywood careers, marriage in their 20s, a house in London, kids at some point. I don’t think the divorce happened purely because Tanya allegedly didn’t want to start for a baby at 29. And unless Sarah is up for popping one out in the next year, I’d imagine shed say something similar to what Tanya said a couple years ago— kids at some point, but she has other things she wants to do first.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I do think Jim can’t be alone and it just spells problems further down the line. I once heard Laurence Fox talk about this about his split with Billie Piper. Ok I know he is Mr Controversial now and maybe not a good example, but he mentioned feeling bad about not seeing someone else and processing all his emotions etc, whereas Billie seemed fine and quite quickly had a baby with her next partner and someone said yes but you’re dealing with the fallout from your divorce now, whereas she will hit it eventually. However you feel divorce is a big deal and you have to deal with it at some point. I’ve not explained that well but hope you get me!

Also kids will be a real wake up call for them both. Apart from a little bit after uni I don’t think Jim has ever had a proper job, neither has Sarah. They live in this bubble now, both doing occasional work and they live a nice lifestyle and aren’t really prepared for hard work I don’t think. Maybe I’m being unfair!

Reactions: 17
I do think Jim can’t be alone and it just spells problems further down the line. I once heard Laurence Fox talk about this about his split with Billie Piper. Ok I know he is Mr Controversial now and maybe not a good example, but he mentioned feeling bad about not seeing someone else and processing all his emotions etc, whereas Billie seemed fine and quite quickly had a baby with her next partner and someone said yes but you’re dealing with the fallout from your divorce now, whereas she will hit it eventually. However you feel divorce is a big deal and you have to deal with it at some point. I’ve not explained that well but hope you get me!

Also kids will be a real wake up call for them both. Apart from a little bit after uni I don’t think Jim has ever had a proper job, neither has Sarah. They live in this bubble now, both doing occasional work and they live a nice lifestyle and aren’t really prepared for hard work I don’t think. Maybe I’m being unfair!
Not unfair, just realistic!

UK law requires you to be separated for a whole year before filing for divorce and once you file it takes around 6 months (if it's a straightforward divorce...no assets, etc.) until you're issued with your decree absolute which concludes divorce proceedings. For all we know he may have waited until getting that to propose. Not fair to have to wait over 1.5 years until divorce is finalised to even start dating! They both looked like they had checked out way before they split, especially Tanya.
It's actually 2 years of separation before divorce unless there was adultery or unreasonable behaviour

It's actually 2 years of separation before divorce unless there was adultery or unreasonable behaviour
I replied to this earlier but my post has gone :/ someone quoted it though. I was wondering if Tanya would be petty enough to name Sarah on the petition. Also can’t imagine Jim being ok with the reason being his adultery! 😬

Reactions: 2
Mine is just an assumption but Louise always seemed a bit annoyed with Tanya's ditzy act back in the day and her attempts at being besties with Zoe. They were all at an event together (don't remember which one, might be a convention) and Louise appeared to be mere seconds away from snapping at Tanya. I think their personalities never clicked and Louise was for some reason irritated that Tanya didn't invite her to the wedding even though they weren't close. I doubt they spoke to each other since their heyday.
I also remember (years ago in an old vlog or Q&A) Tanya saying if she had kids she wouldn't put them on her channel because it she didn't think it was right or something. If Louise saw that it could have made her pretty upset.

Reactions: 6
Oh give me a break with this stuff. It’s plain as day that Jim is weird as duck, desperate to prove something, and needs to be in not only a relationship, make that relationship public immediately, but also lock down the highest commitment of marriage as fast as possible because he has more issues than Vogue.

Could all of you codependents with your weirdass stories about how you actually met your now husband when still married because it was over anyway (oh of course) but it worked out and ~10 years and 3 kids later~ you’re just the happiest you’ve ever been, just check your own insecurities. Jim hooked up with this girl IMMEDIATELY post divorce, put her straight on Insta despite or because knowing that all his followers were there because his public following is based off his just ended marriage, immediately moved her into his new place, and is now engaged just one year out. You guys? ITS WEIRD. We can admit that and laugh at Jim’s nonsense and you can go back to feeling fine with your own relationship hopping or whatever it is that’s got you so worked up about just pointing out the absurdity of it all.
Omfg. Yes!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Wait what did jim cheat on Tanya?
Depends what you mean by cheating I suppose. Legally speaking his relationship with Sarah whilst still married would constitute adultery, yes. I appreciate lots of people wouldn’t call a relationship after a break up ‘cheating’ so I meant in the legal sense only - they couldn’t have had a divorce for separation, as someone suggested earlier, unless they’d lied for a pretty long time about their split. So the remaining reasons they could’ve used would be either adultery (Jim’s relationship with Sarah) or unreasonable behaviour

UK law requires you to be separated for a whole year before filing for divorce and once you file it takes around 6 months (if it's a straightforward divorce...no assets, etc.) until you're issued with your decree absolute which concludes divorce proceedings. For all we know he may have waited until getting that to propose. Not fair to have to wait over 1.5 years until divorce is finalised to even start dating! They both looked like they had checked out way before they split, especially Tanya.
Not fair to wait 18 months before dating again? I mean it's that not long to do some careful reflection, work out what went wrong, how you were at fault, what you're looking for in the future... no one wants to be the rebound of a freshly divorced person as the chance of being used and hurt is high. 18 months sounds like a perfectly reasonable window to wait imo! Might stop so many men leaving their wives after affairs too. How desperate are people to date after a painful breakup of a marriage? ?!

I'm going to assume a lot of people will disagree with me here...

I don’t think Jim has moved on too quickly and a relationship when you’re 30 is different to when you are 20!
I split up with someone and four months later I met someone amazing that I clicked with. Sometimes the right person just pops up out of nowhere when you aren’t even looking.
Good for you (seriously, it's lovely to find a happy ending) but please can we stop with these stories of i eas with someone then the next day i found my soulmate.
Jim ia weird and desperate. He moved in too soon. It simply shows his poor character and personality flaws.

Tan is no saint, but better off without him and i hope she protected her money from him.

Sarah is with Jim for the clout. If this was a true love story the gruesome twosome would be acting very differently. Less insta for instance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I don’t think anyone needs to wait 18 months to start dating, but Jim and Sarah started dating very quickly after the separation and he went public with that relationship almost immediately. He was married to Tanya, they were together for 12 years, everything he has was off her back, and he couldn’t hold off on posting his new relationship for bit longer? It’s disrespectful to Tanya but also to their followers who basically pay their bills, he easily could have kept the relationship offline but it’s almost like he needed to prove to Tanya and everyone else he could get someone else.

I have a bit of a conspiracy theory:
Tanya has said herself she is/was depressed due to the breakdown of her marriage, she lost a lot of weight, she’s been really self destructive as far as her influencer career goes and in my not so professional opinion because I’m the farthest thing from a therapist 😂 this means one of two things, she cheated or Jim cheated. I know the whole Ryse(?) situation we all thought maybe she had cheated with him and if that’s the case she is physically manifesting her guilt over it and doesn’t know how to let go and move on. I feel like because it has been 18 months it seems a little OTT to feel the guilt for this long.which makes me think maybe it’s not guilt it’s genuine pure heartbreak
what if Jim cheated and it’s something she couldn’t get past, maybe that’s why she became a bit flirty with the other guy. I feel like the odds of Jim cheating are a little bit higher because for years he said he didn’t drink alcohol because he had a tendency to take things too far, then he started socially drinking making those weird videos on how to make a drink etc, he also started getting invited to men’s fashion events on his own because he had started posting fashion related content, the way he acted after the split was very much that he wanted to show he was the good guy, commenting on Tanyas posts and hyping her work on his stories, it came across a little too nice like maybe he was trying to make himself feel better. Finally the Sarah thing, it’s my belief that he moved on to show Tanya what she was missing, maybe thinking she’d get jealous and ask him back 🤷🏻‍♀️I also can’t see Jim being so nice if she was the one to cheat, he loves that he was always slightly more intelligent than Tanya and never missed an opportunity to call her out on being dumb, he comes across a bit aggressive and as the guy that would never get passed being cheated on and would never offer to fix her tiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
No it doesn’t. My partners ex had an affair with my ex (yep crazy fucked up wife swap situation 🤣) but his divorce went through within 3 months.

You don’t have to wait a year either, you have to have been married for a year. Unless you file for the divorce on the grounds of adultery or unreasonable behaviour, you have to have been separated for 2 years and both agree to it or 5 years if one or the other disagree.

So either Tanya & Jim split way before it was announced, or one of them had an affair or showed ‘unreasonable behaviour’ or they’re not divorced yet 🤷🏼‍♀️ .. surely you wouldn’t/shouldn’t get engaged (And publicly too) If you’re still married 😬

Reactions: 14
That would be so awkward if he wasn’t divorced yet and he had proposed, that’s too much for me!

Reactions: 9
Yes, you're correct. It's been way too long since we went through the whole divorce process and I forgot we had to wait so long. I must say we did a DIY one and it was fairly straightforward.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.