Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The absolute irony of this paragraph straight after saying you’d find it completely understandable and fine for people to “pile on” to her for being “too fat” and needing “to go on a diet”

God, give me strength 🫠
I’ve dropped it but I didn’t say it was completely understandable nor fine, at all. I said it would be more understandable as someone could argue it was a health concern. For years people have commented on her size in relation to her health. Her hair doesn’t affect anyone or any thing but looks.

I also didn’t say looking insta perfect had anything to do with weight.

We’re all entitled to an opinion as I actually did say.
We don’t have slag everyone off constantly because it’s a gossip site. I’m not claiming a moral highground or calling people shallow, I’ve very clearly judged it myself and said it looks knackered. I’ve said “I don’t think it’s so bad you need a wig if your hair is a bit tit and it’s sad if anyone feels they have to look that perfect”. Not sad like ‘get a life’ genuinely sad or upsetting that beauty standards are so, often unachievably, high. It’s just over processed hair.

Take it how you will but don’t suggest I’ve said something I didn’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I honestly don’t feel like a wig is any different than extensions. I’m not sure ‘feeling like you need one’ is all down to patriarchal/societal beauty standards but also to do with just normal self image and feeling like yourself as a human, especially if it’s a recent and uncontrollable loss.

It’s so beautiful when people do feel able to embrace any differences but I don’t think it’s fair or necessary for those who don’t want to (for whatever reason) elicit feelings of sadness, feels dangerously close to pity. Certainly not what the poster above or her brave and no doubt beautiful friend deserve.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have a pic of when Tanya had that cringe TV role as a shop girl? Her hair was thin then, but it was brown and in a really nice bob. That's what she needs. Add some depth and life to her hair. I cannot believe she thinks this lank string is attractive let alone fashionable. It makes her look older than her years and very unhealthy. Someone in her life needs to lead an intervention. I know she wants to be a cool blonde west london girl like so many people she follows, but she cannot pull it off and needs her own unique style.

Reactions: 4
I’ve dropped it but I didn’t say it was completely understandable nor fine, at all. I said it would be more understandable as someone could argue it was a health concern. For years people have commented on her size in relation to her health. Her hair doesn’t affect anyone or any thing but looks.

I also didn’t say looking insta perfect had anything to do with weight.

We’re all entitled to an opinion as I actually did say.
We don’t have slag everyone off constantly because it’s a gossip site. I’m not claiming a moral highground or calling people shallow, I’ve very clearly judged it myself and said it looks knackered. I’ve said “I don’t think it’s so bad you need a wig if your hair is a bit tit and it’s sad if anyone feels they have to look that perfect”. Not sad like ‘get a life’ genuinely sad or upsetting that beauty standards are so, often unachievably, high. It’s just over processed hair.

Take it how you will but don’t suggest I’ve said something I didn’t.
Weight can be completely outside of someone’s control, including due to other health issues or mental health. It’s not black and white.

Her hair condition could also be partly due to the state of her health, if you want to go down that road. Changes in your hair can be down to health. Hair loss can be caused by mental health.

I’ve not suggested you said anything you didn’t. You literally said, word for word, “If everyone was piling on that she was too fat and needed to go on a diet or vice versa it’d be more understandable”. Slagging people for commenting on hair and suggesting you’re speaking out for all women is a joke when you’d say such a thing about a “pile on” over being “too fat”. Horrible

If you don’t like the hair chat, just move past it. I think it’s unlikely that we will ever be discussing much other than looks and style in relation to Tanya Burr given she literally sells that aspect of herself for money and it’s the only reason any of us even know who she is

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't know how I ever managed to watch her vlogs. She has such an annoying voice, or maybe it's that the lisp has gotten worse and the faux posh accent she puts on is as bad as all her other accents she pretends to be able to do as an AcTrEsS.

I skimmed it for the Greek holiday footage but then she mostly talked about books and did her makeup and honestly who cares about what TB is reading? "Most of my TBR is on the challengint side." Ah yes. Tanya Aristotle Burr.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She looks about two sizes bigger in the other girls' stories! Not knocking her figure - I have always thought she has a lovely shape and she looks amazing given she had a baby less than two years ago. It's just sneaky how she would have everyone believing she's teeny tiny, when in fact she's quite a normal size.

Attachments

• Wow

I found this analytics info from this TikTok girl interesting

Living for the fact that Tanya has way more searches going for her than Lizard Jim. I'm no fan of hers good riddance with Jim, e ought to cheer on any woman that ditches him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I would want this compared to currently successful influencers or at least given a range of what a "good" number of searches is. Cause oit of the millions living in the UK, even more millions living in English speaking countries, and even more who understand English and could therefore follow these guys, 14.8k seems puny. Even Zoe's 49k.

Reactions: 4
I would want this compared to currently successful influencers or at least given a range of what a "good" number of searches is. Cause oit of the millions living in the UK, even more millions living in English speaking countries, and even more who understand English and could therefore follow these guys, 14.8k seems puny. Even Zoe's 49k.

I'm not sure how much we can actually read out by those Google searches, tbh. Most people who follow them follow on Social media and won't search for them on google, but directly on Insta or YT. It's still an interesting indicator and probably tells us that apart from that bubble, nobody actually cares all that much for them. Jim being under 10k... I bet if you showed his picture on a random British street and asked if people recognized him, the majority doesn't.

Reactions: 8
I bet a lot of these searches were done by Tattlers :ROFLMAO: who else is still keeping up with these people but us?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I bet a lot of these searches were done by Tattlers :ROFLMAO: who else is still keeping up with these people but us?
us and the people who sit there one day and go “wait…remember the Brit crew?! I wonder what happened to them all…”

• Haha
It’s so awkward and disingenuous how she would start off her new YouTube (Journey? Wannabe career? Desperate attempt to reclaim the past?) with a vlog of a trip to Greece.

That’s so obviously NOT her lifestyle. 🙄 So fake. She’s also setting herself up for failure, because people are going to expect that content now.

It’s also annoying how shes already basically trying to get brands to give her free trips, etc.

Reactions: 6
I know her hair has been discussed to death, but she looks like she is wearing a foreign object on her head. She just doesn't have the complexion for that color. She's been blonde so long, I don't understand why she hasn't tried out a more flattering shade along the way. It's not just about the dry straggly ends, her hair looks like it doesn't belong to her.
Oh, and if 90% of my jewelry were gifted, I'd wear everything in the shower too. Those pieces looked tacky as hell, very cheap and garish.

TanyaBurrTerribleHair.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe h.w.m likes her as a blonde and she's reluctant to ditch it? My algorithm is all about hair toppers, 3/4 extensions, wigs, light therapy and oiling now:LOL:

They're more commonly used than I thought, and a lot look brilliant actually. I think she should get one and let her natural hair rest and reset, but it's up to her 🤷‍♂️

She looks good at her new weight (post herby) and the dress she wore to that or trip was lovely.

Reactions: 2
She is a normal size. I saw her in Oxford Street pre-baby. I think she's a size 10-12. She was slim but didn't look emaciated like her insta.
Personally I think her natural auburn hair was stunning and unique and she looked better curvier. But I suspect skinny Jim was behind her losing weight. His wife has lost tons of weight post childbirth.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.