Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking as a fine haired gal, there are some things that are just beyond our capabilities. I wish that just changing hairdresser would transform my hair type to be like Blake Lively’s 😂

Tanya needs to ditch the bleach and cut off those frayed ends (even if a short cut isn’t her best look). I think even when her hair was its natural colour it wasn’t particularly thick and I seem to remember a lot of speculation that she was boosting it with extensions?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Speaking as a fine haired gal, there are some things that are just beyond our capabilities. I wish that just changing hairdresser would transform my hair type to be like Blake Lively’s 😂

Tanya needs to ditch the bleach and cut off those frayed ends (even if a short cut isn’t her best look). I think even when her hair was its natural colour it wasn’t particularly thick and I seem to remember a lot of speculation that she was boosting it with extensions?
Yes I think she said she used clip in extensions (I think???) when it was her old colour.
I feel sorry for her in a way - it just seems she doesn't have a hairdresser with her best interests at heart. I mean the fringe was a daft idea. Every time I see an influencer with a new fringe I think 'that won't last' and sure enough they grow it out.

Reactions: 8
Tanya has had a bob style hair cut before and it suited her, in her natural hair colour. She used to style it with a wave and it looked really nice. So she could get away with a good trim and going dark again.

Reactions: 15
I don't understand why she doesn't cut her hair very very short like almost pixie? and invests in a good wig. I am not saying this in a funny or mean way honestly. My friend has hormonal issues and her hair has been awful for years (Tanya's hair looks great in comparison, she has huge bald spots on her head and they can't do anything about it it's really sad for her). She was super insecure about it but as soon as she good a good job she saved money and bought the most beautiful wig. She now has 2 or 3 wigs that are honestly stunning and you can absolutely NOT tell it's a wig. She's become so much more confident, she's honestly very happy now and can now live her life to the fullest.
I have suffered from really bad hair loss due to stress and weight loss (health issues), and considered getting a wig or a topper myself (I was crying my eyes out when I lost my hair, I felt super super insecure), so I am not shaming anyone I think they are wonderful to be honest and really help people when it comes to confidence and self image.
Thankfully my hair got a lot better as soon as I started to relax a bit again and as soon as I was able to eat better, it's still not great but I don't feel ashamed anymore and it looks much healthier, I am really grateful but it took a couple of years!
Tanya could wear a wig and regrow her hair, I think it would do her hair well. And no more bleaching!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve said this before but she cares so much about what she’s wearing when the first thing people notice about her is her hideous hair. No one is noticing her outfits

I wonder if she reads on here

Sure I’ll get hate for this but does anyone else find all this hair talk sad? That we’ve got to a stage of being so used to seeing extensions and perfection that we want people with thin, bad condition hair to hide it with wigs to make themselves more socially acceptable?
Yeah stop bleaching and making a bad situation worse but maybe she’s got better things to think about. It really doesn’t seem that bad to me.
Who does she need to look better for?
If everyone was piling on that she was too fat and needed to go on a diet or vice versa it’d be more understandable because it’s a health issue but her hair is just hair, it doesn’t affect anything. She could have deficiencies maybe, PP loss, but ultimately having it how it is, cutting it or wearing a wig won’t change that.

I think she’d get criticised if she did wear a wig for being too interested in her looks or portraying unrealistic beauty standards.

This isn’t in defence of Tanya but women everywhere who are made to feel tit about themselves because they don’t look insta perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Tanya has had a bob style hair cut before and it suited her, in her natural hair colour. She used to style it with a wave and it looked really nice. So she could get away with a good trim and going dark again.
Agreed. It looked good on her this way IMO

1718461317564.png

---
This on the other hand 🙄

1718461400804.png

Reactions: 26
This isn’t in defence of Tanya but women everywhere who are made to feel tit about themselves because they don’t look insta perfect.
It’s not about looking insta perfect though. Her hair is so damaged from bleach and looks like straw. She just needs to dye her hair back to its original colour, cut it and take better care of it. She doesn’t need to spend thousands on wigs or extensions

Reactions: 12
Tanya's "job" (does she even have one, really?) is to be an influencer. I don't expect perfection but I do expect a cared for appearance, since she's selling her image. This is not criticizing a random woman off the street.

Tanya has the time and the means to take better care of her hair. She used to have ads for hair care products. Not surprisingly , they don't seem to sponsor her anymore. She's losing on work and she's just plain damaging her hair. She should care for her own sake.

Reactions: 10
It’s not about looking insta perfect though. Her hair is so damaged from bleach and looks like straw. She just needs to dye her hair back to its original colour, cut it and take better care of it. She doesn’t need to spend thousands on wigs or extensions
I guess it’s that word “needs”. I don’t diagree it’d look far better without the blonde and a good trim up. I guess it’s just the suggestion that she ‘needs’ to do or should hide it with wigs etc that I find a step too far.

She should care for her own sake.
If it bothers her yes, absolutely. But if she’s happy and confident good for her. It just saddens me that so many women are carrying these insecurities. It’s because of unrealistic beauty standards that she is 100% part of and responsible for and I criticise her for that. So in not changing it, not pushing these standards, I personally think it’s better.

I’m not trying to police the thread and realise I’m stepping into that territory so I’ll shut up I just think it’s a good thing to see people not looking perfect but not doing it on purpose in an attempt to be relatable on socials.

Reactions: 14
Sure I’ll get hate for this but does anyone else find all this hair talk sad? That we’ve got to a stage of being so used to seeing extensions and perfection that we want people with thin, bad condition hair to hide it with wigs to make themselves more socially acceptable?
Yeah stop bleaching and making a bad situation worse but maybe she’s got better things to think about. It really doesn’t seem that bad to me.
Who does she need to look better for?
If everyone was piling on that she was too fat and needed to go on a diet or vice versa it’d be more understandable because it’s a health issue but her hair is just hair, it doesn’t affect anything. She could have deficiencies maybe, PP loss, but ultimately having it how it is, cutting it or wearing a wig won’t change that.

I think she’d get criticised if she did wear a wig for being too interested in her looks or portraying unrealistic beauty standards.

It always makes me laugh when someone on a gossip forum tries to take the moral high ground 🤣

I guess it’s that word “needs”. I don’t diagree it’d look far better without the blonde and a good trim up. I guess it’s just the suggestion that she ‘needs’ to do or should hide it with wigs etc that I find a step too far.

If it bothers her yes, absolutely. But if she’s happy and confident good for her. It just saddens me that so many women are carrying these insecurities. It’s because of unrealistic beauty standards that she is 100% part of and responsible for and I criticise her for that. So in not changing it, not pushing these standards, I personally think it’s better.

I’m not trying to police the thread and realise I’m stepping into that territory so I’ll shut up I just think it’s a good thing to see people not looking perfect but not doing it on purpose in an attempt to be relatable on socials.
FWIW, I agree. Especially when in her industry there is so much hidden fakery; selling skincare/make up and pretending they don’t have botox and fillers propping their skin up from underneath. Not saying Tanya is immune from any of this as she has the track record for being as fake as they come. But it’s refreshing to see someone with slightly crap hair (like mine) just getting on with it!

Reactions: 10
I think what annoys me the most is she promotes hair care products or she promotes Samantha as a hairdresser when her hair is so crap. I don’t wanna hear advice from her

Reactions: 11
I doubt she's doing it to stick it to the patriarchal beauty standards.

Like I can't believe she'd just have that hair like that to prove she doesn't care about externally imposed, punishing beauty expectations while always posing and angling her body and sometimes editing it to look as small as possible.

She's not some champion of the fight against ridiculous beauty standards. She's just delusional and thinks being a hard core blonde suits her.

It doesn't and she's damaging her hair and it looks unprofessional 🤷🏻‍♀️ If someone at my job walked around with unkempt hair like that at important work functions (which that rtrip was for Tanya) mgmt would not be pleased. And we're not in the beauty industry.
---
It always makes me laugh when someone on a gossip forum tries to take the moral high ground 🤣
It's also like, don't talk about her appearance cause that's shallow and sad. But if the thread is talking about her personal life it's, don't talk about her personal life you don't know her or what's going on.

It's a gossip site. Things we don't knowfor sure and appearances are pretty much what we can discuss. What else is there? Especially with someone as lazy as Tanya who barely even puts out any '"content".

Reactions: 14
Hahah I can't lie, I'm actually here for it. I also love a bit of passive aggressiveness and bickering between commenters when I see it, it's all as entertaining to me as the actual gossip and I am here to be entertained. alas, I know the rules 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The (highly lucrative) work she chooses to engage in is selling her followers on her lifestyle and appearance. She promotes the hairdresser who encourages her to walk around like this, looking like a frazzled frisp. Her followers (with their attention/engagement) buy into this, I think it’s valid to critique something that just looks BAD if it’s quite literally being sold to you as aspirational.

Reactions: 11
The (highly lucrative) work she chooses to engage in is selling her followers on her lifestyle and appearance. She promotes the hairdresser who encourages her to walk around like this, looking like a frazzled frisp. Her followers (with their attention/engagement) buy into this, I think it’s valid to critique something that just looks BAD if it’s quite literally being sold to you as aspirational.
Exactly. It’s not like she doesn’t care about her hair and we are criticising it for no reason. She obviously thinks her hair looks good when she uses her “trusty” hair clip to style it. Girl is so delusional and we are just being honest

I think what annoys me the most is she promotes hair care products or she promotes Samantha as a hairdresser when her hair is so crap. I don’t wanna hear advice from her
If anyone is taking hair advice or hair product recommendations from Tanya, seeing the state of her hair, that’s on them tbf 🤣

• Haha
The absolute irony of this paragraph straight after saying you’d find it completely understandable and fine for people to “pile on” to her for being “too fat” and needing “to go on a diet”

God, give me strength 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 13