Tanya Burr #17 cool girl aesthetic, cool girl pathetic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for her in a way. Having severe issues like these is so tough. You mentioned the constant body checking she does a couple of times and I can relate to that. During times when I do better the body checking is still always there. I just can't help it, I can't seem to turn it off no matter what. For me it's different from Tanya. I won't mention what I do because I don't want to trigger others. But it's awful, that's all I can say and I feel sad for others who have this issue, too. To me it's sometimes almost addiction-like. You know it's bad for you, you know you shouldn't do it, but you can't help yourself, you *must*.
On the other hand what I don't get is why she's doing it so publicly. Yes, I understand she wants praise, attention, likes, hearts, comments telling her how good she looks etc. and omg can you eat that and still look like that? etc. but I don't get why she's doing this to herself. I just don't get it. Why make your issues that much more severe? I am SURE she's aware of her issues. Why do this? I don't get it?
I was listening to a podcast the other day and they briefly talked about people taking 10 pictures of themselves and only saving the 1 best picture (where they look the skinniest) and THEN edit it to make themselves look even skinnier before posting it. They said it was awful for people's mental health because when you look at yourself a few weeks/months/years later and look back at those pictures - and then at your actual real self in the mirror - you think wow I look so awful now, i look so fat, i let go etc. etc. but you are comparing yourself to a version that never even existed to begin with. That is the case with Tanya (and so many others) as well. It must be such a mindf*ck. Why do this, honestly?
Again, I understand she wants to show off and get praised, but just from a MH side of things and keeping all that in mind I just don't get it. It just makes me so sad that people do this to themselves you know?
Do you think Tanya for example values praise and showing off more than her own mental health? I am interested to hear your thoughts? If you want to share and have the time?

(Also note I am very tired but I wanted to reply to your comments for a bit now, I am sorry if I made mistakes or if something doesn't make sense ♥)
Sending you lots of love oshare! I've had some disordered eating behavior in the past and it 100% is a compulsion and not something you can control when you're in that space. But I can't have that much empathy for her precisely because it's done in public in a way that can totally affect others.

I remember in another forum someone mentioning that they felt awful that Tanya could lose all that weight and have such a tiny waist (when she bragged about her 25 inch jeans) and they couldn't and they were the same size Tanya was earlier. And we know Tanya did unhealthy tit to be that thin, and then her bragging made others feel tit and like they were a failure. duck that.

I do think she values appearances more than her mental health. Most if not all these influencera do. It's sad but they live off external validation and as long as things look okay, they do duck all to actually make themselves better. Just my opinion, of course!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The blue of that dress looks matchy-matchy with the blue on the Peroni thing in the second picture. Maybe she was given this dress to wear a brand-specific colour and the asking about other dresses was just a call for interaction? The dress isn't very Ascot-worthy.

Reactions: 4
The blue of that dress looks matchy-matchy with the blue on the Peroni thing in the second picture. Maybe she was given this dress to wear a brand-specific colour and the asking about other dresses was just a call for interaction? The dress isn't very Ascot-worthy.
I think that must be it as it’s a perfect match for the Peronis 😂. I dunno maybe it needs a belt or something at least 🙃

Reactions: 2
The dress looks like something you throw on over a bikini to go to the beach. She has a track record of bad choices for dress codes. See also: Fleur’s wedding

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Her latest reel was asking which dress she should wear and she chose the one which had the least people liking it and least appropriate for Royal Ascot 💀 - the other dresses were much nicer!
This is giving my Nonna going for brunch during a beach vacation 😂😂😂 Tanya is just so bad at fashion.

Reactions: 4
I’ll never know why she insists on wearing ankle strap heels when they really don’t suit her

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.