Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xits_jjx

VIP Member
I saw a tiktok of Jim talking about the divorce and the cheating thing, like, say what you want about Tanya but at least she isn’t still talking about her ex all these years later. Like, granted it could be because she wasn’t innocent in the split but Jim and his wife are coming across obsessed with her and like they can’t move on. If someone brought up my ex now I’m married with children I’d simply say: “why are we still talking about my ex? We’re all moved on. Next topic!”

Reactions: 26

Hannah Banana

Let’s be fair, it doesn’t really say she gave anything up. I actually found this part to be really honest:

View attachment 2790577
What irritates me is not that she won’t admit outright she was rubbish (I mean, who would?), but that she keeps repeating this line, which she started iterating when she was in the thick of it and wasn’t getting cast, about how difficult and how much of a hustle it is, as though that’s why she couldn’t make it. Don’t get me wrong, it absolutely is prohibitively difficult to make it as an actor, but we all know that is not, actually, the primary reason why she didn’t make it. It’s incredibly disingenuous for her to have ever presented herself as a struggling aspiring actor. Unless I missed something, she has never, ever acknowledged the incredible leg up she had over actual struggling aspiring actors having to ‘hustle’ out there—the money to buy parts, the connections, the ‘fame’ to get stunt-cast as a lead in the play. In fact, when she was getting panned in ‘Confidence’, she had the gall to make out that it was because of who she is (not classically trained), as though she was not, in fact, cast in the first place simply for who she is. She can ignore as much as she wants to how rubbish she was, but it irritates the flake out of me when she pretends to have been just another struggling actor, who couldn’t make it because of ‘how the industry is.’

• Heart

Dreier89

I'm younger than Tanya. Elements of what she is wearing are in fashion - the shoes, the jacket - but to me she just seems like a millennial trying to be young and cool. I thought this about Zoe recently too. They're both trying to follow fashions, but not doing it very well. So now they both look like try-hard millennials.
Being the same age as Tan, I feel a bit victimized by this comment 😂😂😂

• Haha

QueenBW

VIP Member
Mia Thompson who won the rising star BAFTA this year just had a baby and mentioned it in her acceptance speech
Barry Keoghan who was in Saltburn and nominated all over the shop also just had a baby
Having a baby is no excuse Tanya you are just a lazy bum
It's the continued lack of honesty for me. Like there's zero shame in saying "I've had a baby and realized that I'd rather be with my son than in the labor market."Plenty of women do it and it's as valid an opinion as the opposite. But aside from a jokey admission that her IMDB page wasn't great, there's no recognition of "I was no good at it so I was never going to amount to much and I'd rather not waste time I could spend with my son in silly plays where I have flakes up me fanny." Or something like that. Instead she keeps lying about her career now inflating her producer role and talking about writing and producing a short film and having loads of meetings with charities. Like who would meet with her and why? Who outside of Tattle even knows what a Tanya Burr is?

She and Jim are just as delusional. I'm glad she escaped him cause no woman deserves THAT weasel of a man but in terms of their delusions and lies, they're two peas in a pod.

kittymeowlondon

Chatty Member
Just been catching up on the thread after watching her new vlog!

Was there anyone who wasn’t Jim/Sarah who said Tan Tan cheated? I’m not saying she didn’t, but I find it hard to believe unless it came from someone else. I remember reading here when she was close with Rhys after the show but I don’t remember if there was solid proof.
I don’t like Tanya but I don’t like Jim more, and I wouldn’t put it past him to say she cheated just because she became friends with someone of the opposite sex.
the way Jim went to EVERY SINGLE ONE of her Confidence shows freaked me out - he even went to the q&a
Im all for being supportive but did he not realise that was a bit controlling?
Going to the opening nights is plenty - did he not have his own life away from Taarrrrn?
I think he saw how much happiness the rehersals gave her and tried to claw back control by attending everyone of her performances
I bet he wouldve been backstage too if he couldve
reckon Tan doing that play/realising a life away from Jim was the undoing of their perhaps codependent marriage....
just sayiing
hope he's not controlling Sarah too much now but I do get the jist he is...

newaroundhere123

I can just picture Jim after the show being all passive aggressive like 'hows your costar tonight, what's his name, Ryan.. 🥴 ' and then putting his arm round her and leading her away

• Haha

yovnglion

Just finished the vlog and I'm afraid to say I'm in the "I enjoyed it" camp oops. It wasn't groundbreaking but it was nice to see actual Tanya and not just Instagram wannabe fashionista Tanya! She seems to have matured and appears really content as a mother, I'm happy for her and hope Jim is rattled by her return lol

• Heart

FlipFlop0706

VIP Member
Fucking hell, her latest post. That hair isn’t fried, it’s DONE. It’s over. It’s past any point of saving, no amount of a nourishing hair mask is going to fix that. I’m actually amazed she posted these pics.

• Haha

QueenBW

VIP Member
Christ. Tanya is so boring that after five years she returns to YouTube but her thread is talking about things that happened five years ago instead 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25

oshare

VIP Member
Is it normal for hair to be such a strong part of people's identity?

This is a genuine question; I'm Autistic and hair is a bunch of mostly-dead cells that occasionally become inconvenient and need to be clipped short again. Like fingernails. It seems genuinely bizarre to me that someone would think hair is "who they are" or somehow represents their identity. But does it? Is that how people actually think?
For most people yes!
I think it has mostly to do with confidence. I used to have really beautiful, thick and long hair. I'm not trying to brag but I had such beautiful hair and I didn't have to do much either, basically just washing and brushing and it looked super healthy and during summer I had kinds of shades of blond and light red. In a way it was a big part of me. I always had really bad body image, from young age, but that was something I liked about myself .. always. I took pride in it and it gave me something about my outer appearance to be happy about. I got bullied a lot growing up, but my hair was never subject of it. If anything people would often say they wish they had my hair and it made me feel better about myself. So I started associating my hair with something very positive, something to take pride in, something to like. Something I had that people wouldn't shame me for etc. In a way it represented a lot for me in ways I can't really describe well in English. Then, when I got ill many years ago I got really really stressed about it and the shock of my illness and the diagnose caused me basically lose most of my hair. It shedded and shedded and I had a few baldish spots (was able to cover them up a bit but I noticed). There I was, ill and feeling awful mentally.. I lost my health, and then something that I always had that was "mine" something that was almost untouched (?) in a way, I lost it! I felt so much shame! I didn't dare leaving the house without a cap. I lost so much of my confidence! It felt like I lost a huge part of myself! It's really awful when something that happens on the inside starts to show on the outside. I was devastated. I couldn't stop crying about it. I was so afraid people would start to get mean to me, or comment on it, that people would tell me I looked awful, that people would gossip about it... ask about it.
I think for a lot of people it represents something like that, too. Like pride, confidence.
Now years later my hair is still not back, it's better than it was back then but I have accepted by now that I will never get my old hair back and through a lot of therapy I have come to accept it in a way and I try not to think about it too much. I now just do my best to take good care of it (and myself) and hope for the best. Now i'm just happy it's healthy and grows well and even though it's not thick and a lot anymore it doesn't look too bad either.
I think for a lot of people hair is very important in a confidence and pride but also for identity. A certain haircut can make people feel a certain way or it matches a certain style they like or feel like it suits them or something that they feel comfortable with! When you lose that, you can really lose a lot of your identity and part of who you are because your outer appearance doesn't match anymore with your personality - for a lot of people this is very confusing and can cause a lot of mental issues.
(with therapy those can definitely be addressed though and get better, but that is a learning process that takes a long time)

• Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
I love how she's pretending this is for any reason other than she needs the money.

She has no talents to speak of beyond being a 'content creator' so naturally she'd come crawling back.

• Haha

Cloak

VIP Member
Why ANYONE would pay someone like her for a fucking newsletter is beyond me. Substack started as an interesting place for diverse thought and opinion, not Tanya bloody Burr waffling on about what amazing croissant she’s eaten lately or what shitty boots she’s buying. My god. People literally pay to be advertised to now? What the fuck

• Heart
  • Sick

Sibyl Vane

VIP Member
I really only posted the worst offenders and have attached a couple more exact copies (Tanya only got the Doen vest because the cardigan was sold out on Net-a-Porter - I loved it so much on Lucy that I checked when I saw her post it). There's just so much when you start to look and it's quite noticable when you follow both because it's quite a quirky style.
---

I had no idea she had done this before!! It's such odd behaviour and it just falls short of the original influencer every time.
Copying is TanTan's trademark.
She is used to it from day one on youtube, amirite Pixi2woo, named after her SIL's youtube channel? Couldn't even come up with an original moniker, so a wardrobe would be too much work for our working class bobble head from Norwich. Besides, she doesn't have a clue about style, colours, shapes...

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Hope nobody replies to this - how arrogant requesting 'interesting questions only'.
I presume she means things like 'how are you such an amazing mum?' rather than 'where's Martha?' or 'why did Authored fail?'

Screenshot_20240227_113613.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

mg95

VIP Member
observations
- she seems more at peace with her body. like she’s accepted her shape and size
- her skin is looking rough. she looks older than her age
- the filler in her top lip is migrating. her mouth opens diagonally
- the hair… no comment
- she is still using the wrong foundation shade and slapping on too much bronzer. just once i’d like to see her do a winged tip look again. she couldn’t even pull it out for the red carpet. the no makeup makeup trend is for models not the average gal
- she seems to spend a lot of time thinking outwardly about her appearance and clothing yet she does not have a real gift for personal style. a lot of her outfits did not match or look flattering, along with hair and makeup. she seems to be aspirationally dressing as a cool french girl but she falls apart on execution
- I feel like she is also less about designer brands since she’s grown up a bit. the old tanya would’ve pulled out the dior saddle bag for the dinner outfit
- overall she seems quite calm and at peace in life. she’s dropped the ditzy act which I appreciate, though i’ve never quite bought into the bookworm act either

overall kind of boring but also not offensive in the way zoella or niomi vlogs are. i’ll tune in for the next one as it makes good content to put on in the background when doing makeup.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Exactly, you can say a lot of things about Tanya (and to reiterate, I still don't like her, I just dislike Sarah/Jim more) but she hasn't shown her child's face anywhere to my knowledge? And I used to live in the area where Jim/Sarah now live, if you live REMOTELY in that area it's extremely obvious which house is theirs. If I had two kids there is no way I would be posting some of the stuff they have, they've made it so easy to identify their home and their children, it's vile
I hate that they have done this to their children. Sarah did that article about feeling it was her duty to share photos/info about the children to show empathy with other mums or some such bullshit. But it's obvious they've got bugger all going on in their lives so use the children as content.
It's so bloody wrong on so many levels. I hate that some children have no privacy because their parents can't be arsed to get a proper job.
Little Margot especially seemed to absolute hate the camera shoved in her face a lot of the time.