Tanya Burr #15 She's expecting a little sprog but we haven't forgotten about the dog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lol so we got confirmation we will never see or hear from HWM. Doesn't he work in film? He got permission to WFH and his job is "very busy"??? Perhaps he brings in more money than we may have expected. It's also so telling she said she feels "steady" in her brand partnerships. She's absolutely coasting through life with zero effort. Little Bogdan Hurley Burrley is going to have a charmed life.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1350432
I’m confused why she is saying this. I have never heard people not telling anyone until the 12 weeks. I know a lot of people wait to make it public (because of the risk of miscarriage in the first 12 weeks) but by that point all their closest friends and family probably have been told?

is this normal in the uk?
No it’s not normal. I’ve had two children and we told family and close friend immediately. i also told my immediate boss as I had to have time off work for scans and midwife appointments.

Reactions: 8
That interview is absolute cringe.

I told my close family and friends before 12 weeks. I was so ill/excited that I couldn't contain the news either way. I also had to tell my boss around 7 weeks as the tiredness meant I couldn't work long days anymore.

Reactions: 12
Not to further send this thread down the mumsnet route but I had an ectopic pregnancy and when I fell pregnant again I didn't tell my parents til 12 weeks and the rest of my family, friends and work were told after my 20 week scan because I was petrified something would go wrong. Still was right until he was put in my arms.

Maybe Tanya had a loss? Maybe not. Maybe just different strokes for different folks.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I get the angle the interviewer was trying to go after, advocating for openness around maternal mental health, but it's not like there's a law to change or anything. It's a personal choice if someone wants to share prior to 12 weeks. I understand there's a stigma and it's scary, but I think she's just scratching the surface of a larger issue around shame, etc. but it's Tanya so of course we are in the shallow end here. She said on Instagram she got "very personal" for the first time in a long time with this interview but tbh we didn't get much new insight. We all knew she was sick and then once the pregnancy news was revealed on here it clicked. She could've said everything she wanted to say in her interview on her own platform but of course she's too famous for that and needs to speak through the press exclusively. Not that I think she pays too much mind to Jim and Sarah but it just felt like she knew Sarah got a feature in Grazia talking about pregnancy difficulty so Tanya had to do something too.

Reactions: 19
That interview is absolute cringe.

I told my close family and friends before 12 weeks. I was so ill/excited that I couldn't contain the news either way. I also had to tell my boss around 7 weeks as the tiredness meant I couldn't work long days anymore.
i thought it came across very self indulgent and verging on patronising

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I skimmed it again and actually the most revealing thing she said was about her weight. "I saw the weight quickly gain in my face but had to care about our baby and not care about my body for a bit." Confirming how she is constantly aware of how "skinny" she looks at all times and how hard she works to stay thin despite her body's natural disposition. Someone should also tell her caring about your body extends to overall health, beyond just being skinny.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
not quite, she was Dawn Porter before marrying Chris O’Dowd and then became Dawn O’porter. Their children have the O’porter surname too…I really like it, wish I could have made that work with my surname.
Yea but the point I’m making is that they’re O’porters, not O’Dowds.

Reactions: 1
I'm sorry, but when will this overprivileged, do nothing jerks stop complaining and acting like they're the first human ever to be pregnant? All the influencers appear to have the absolute worst first trimester. So they disappear and do even less work than they used to. Coinkidink. Meanwhile, out here in Real World, my coworker is at work, 8 to 5, every day, sometimes later, while on her first trimester. How about we talk about that, Tanya? Normalize providing something to society, normalize earning your living.

And what is that nonsense again about HWM being her best friend? Jim was her best friend. Now HWM is her best friend. I know all people are differnt but for me it's an immediate red flag when someone calls their romantic partner "their absolute best friend." It means , in my experience, that they are immature and make one single person carry all the weight. Yeah, she seems to be close to other friends and her family, but still. I can't imagine how it'd feel if my best friend with whom I went to primary school and has been my friend for over two decades suddenly started calling some dude that came into her life a couple years ago her best friend. And I can't imagine doing it, either. My ex was, at one point, my favorite person in the world, but that's different from my actual best friend.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I'm sorry, but when will this overprivileged, do nothing jerks stop complaining and acting like they're the first human ever to be pregnant? All the influencers appear to have the absolute worst first trimester. So they disappear and do even less work than they used to. Coinkidink. Meanwhile, out here in Real World, my coworker is at work, 8 to 5, every day, sometimes later, while on her first trimester. How about we talk about that, Tanya? Normalize providing something to society, normalize earning your living.

And what is that nonsense again about HWM being her best friend? Jim was her best friend. Now HWM is her best friend. I know all people are differnt but for me it's an immediate red flag when someone calls their romantic partner "their absolute best friend." It means , in my experience, that they are immature and make one single person carry all the weight. Yeah, she seems to be close to other friends and her family, but still. I can't imagine how it'd feel if my best friend with whom I went to primary school and has been my friend for over two decades suddenly started calling some dude that came into her life a couple years ago her best friend. And I can't imagine doing it, either. My ex was, at one point, my favorite person in the world, but that's different from my actual best friend.
I think it's sweet her partner is her best friend, I don't think it's immature. It seems quite healthy to me that the person you have chosen to live with and have children with is your best friend, I would say the same about my partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 100
I think it's sweet her partner is her best friend, I don't think it's immature. It seems quite healthy to me that the person you have chosen to live with and have children with is your best friend, I would say the same about my partner.
Different strokes for different folks.

But, really, she called Jim that all the time for years. Now it's HWM. So, it doesn't seem to mean much in her world.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh how bleeping dramatic, duck off Tarn. We didn't tell anyone until i was 14 weeks, and everyone we wanted to know until after 20 week scan. She was sat at home doing duck all, I had to work 5 days a week in a stressful job, sometimes 12h shifts and weekends. Pretending to carry on as normal for 3 months gagging under your mask (masks are compulsory for my job), bloated af, with zero energy whilst having to maintain high level of concentration and acting professionally. But this poor babe felt isolated and couldn't wait to tell everyone she knows and their dog. My heart bleeping breaks for you. Wish my partner was able to just work from home to serve me tea and toast in bed. She's insufferable. Imagine her going through labour and then sleepless 4th trimester, may have to write a new crappy book or something

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Wow she’s so out of touch with the real world. Having your partners arms around you while being sick just makes me laugh. And him working from home to “care for her”. Remember the same with Lily Pebbles complaining about being so nauseous while being able to lay on the sofa all day. In the real world you have to commute, plastic bag in hand if you need to throw up before getting off the bus and then sitting in an office from 8-5 and then commute home again. And yes I did feel the 12 week stigma, being scared of miscarriage and not wanting everyone acting weird if that would happen so I waited to tell pretty much everyone except me and my partners immediate family. But it was hard in the office being scared to have to run off to the toilet to be sick.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Wow she’s so out of touch with the real world. Having your partners arms around you while being sick just makes me laugh. And him working from home to “care for her”. Remember the same with Lily Pebbles complaining about being so nauseous while being able to lay on the sofa all day. In the real world you have to commute, plastic bag in hand if you need to throw up before getting off the bus and then sitting in an office from 8-5 and then commute home again. And yes I did feel the 12 week stigma, being scared of miscarriage and not wanting everyone acting weird if that would happen so I waited to tell pretty much everyone except me and my partners immediate family. But it was hard in the office being scared to have to run off to the toilet to be sick.
Personally I feel that they should use their platform to talk about the fact that so many women have to carry on and work and that that is just expected by society. However they just talk about themselves. She could have easily said: "Not only was i lucky enough I had a partner who could work from home and take care of me, I also was in a position where I didn't have to commute to work everyday. I was allowed to feel sick without having to go into an office." Then she could talk about the issue or at least empower women who go into the office and work hard while being pregnant. Wasn't she an ambassador or something? Can't she use her platform to raise awareness around something?
Maybe she can just see herself as the royals. They have a platform, don't share a lot about their private life and are part of a charity.

Reactions: 37
I had a colleague who did multiple rounds of IVF because she kept having miscarriages. The first few IVF rounds failed and then she got pregnant and almost towards the end of her horrible first trimester she lost the baby. Then, the IVF round after that she got pregnant again. Another horrible first trimester for her, but eventually she gave birth to a healthy baby. She was absolutely MISERABLE throughout all that time, she kept running off to the bathroom, felt faint, had to eat at weird times etc. - (not to mention her disasterous mental health and hormones!! she was suffering a lot) and even though we had to re-arrange some schedules, I think throughout this whole journey she maybe called in sick 2-3 times and kept showing up because (of course) she had a job and people were depending on her and waiting for her. There was no luxury to stay at home, they just bought a new house as well.
Most influencers are in such a bubble they don't understand the immence priviledge they have to take time off or to take it slow. Just like @QueenBW said, here in the Real World people HAVE to work yet they often barely complain. Influencers can take all the time they need but they complain and pretend they are the only ones to ever give birth in this world.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.